LG Announces Optimus G Pro Eye Recognition Feature Hours Before S4 Launc

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
All eyes are on Samsung this week, as it prepares to launch its next flagship device, the Galaxy S IV. Some of the latest leaks and rumors have suggested that one of the main selling points of the device will new eye recognition features built into the TouchWiz overlay. Thanks to leaked builds of the software, we can guess that with the device you will be able to control your browser and email simply with your eyes. It’s also safe to assume that the same feature will be added to the video app so you can pause a video by simply looking away from the screen.

LG, however, has beaten Samsung to the punch by introducing its new eye recognition software, called Smart Video, on Wednesday for the Optimus G Pro.

With Smart Video, the phone will recognize the position of your eyes, and automatically play or stop a video based on whether or not you’re looking at the screen. So, if you get distracted while watching the latest “Harlem Shake” video, it will stop; when your eyes return to the monitor, however, it will pick up right where you left off.

LG says the feature will help set it apart from competitors in the coming months.

“LG is continuously innovating to offer creative ways to offer a user experience that adds value to our customers,” said Jong-seok Park, company president and CEO. “It’s the positive user experience that will differentiate smartphones in 2013 and beyond, not only cutting-edge hardware specs.”
In addition to the eye-tracking, LG also added a dual-camera function, allowing you to simultaneously take a picture with the front and rear cameras.

Well done LG!

iGyaan.in | Well Well! LG Announces Optimus G Pro Eye Recognition Feature Hours Before S4 Launch - iGyaan.in

LG>Samsung IMO
If you ask me why
1)Their phones are VFM
2)Better products and pricing

But how to make most of the Indians understand that LG,Sony make better android phones?

guru_urug

iGoogle
LG is stepping up its game(or atleast trying really hard to). They are trying to take on Samsung.
Here's an other example:
LG trolls Samsung's Times Square billboards with Optimus G '4' ads

LG trolling Samsung :D

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
I know, I just wish people dont say Samsung started it
Anyways, I wish Android patents eye scroll, Like Apple doesnt copy it and after 2 years say WE INVENTED IT

Hrishi

Anyways, I wish Android patents eye scroll, Like Apple doesnt copy it and after 2 years say WE INVENTED IT

I can smell something cooking up here. :p
Check if Apple hasn't already patented it , even before inventing ,[maybe patent reserved for future inventions.] :lol:

Top Bottom