LG 2013 line up models vs Sony 2013 line up models.

shaurya.malik88

Broken In
Both the brands are all set to launch their new flagship models in 2013 and the new part being that Sony is also going to use the passive 3D tech in their 2013 line up models. So Does that means that lg's monopoly of using the passive tech is going to be over and would this affect their market share as well? Here is the link for both the models for their 2013 line up models.Sony UK confirms 2013 TV line-up
LG's 2013 televisions promise natural voice search and all-LED backlights | CES 2013: Televisions - CNET Blogs

sumit_anand

Ask the man who owns one!
I agree that the 2013 line up of TV models from sony are going to use passive 3D tech but it may take some time for them to make their brand presence felt as a passive 3D TV brand. As far as lg is concerned, they are the pioneer in using passive 3D tech now and thus not much will change for them. Also the LA and LN series from lg look quite promising. Also the W9 flagship model from sony looks cool as well....Let's wait and watch for their release then we would be able to get more details about them.

Both the brands are all set to launch their new flagship models in 2013 and the new part being that Sony is also going to use the passive 3D tech in their 2013 line up models. So Does that means that lg's monopoly of using the passive tech is going to be over and would this affect their market share as well? Here is the link for both the models for their 2013 line up models.Sony UK confirms 2013 TV line-up
LG's 2013 televisions promise natural voice search and all-LED backlights | CES 2013: Televisions - CNET Blogs

The link you have shared was quite old, I’d appreciate if anyone of you would come up with some latest news about the launch of 2013 Sony or LG TV lineups.

Ankit Omar

Broken In
I agree that the 2013 line up of TV models from sony are going to use passive 3D tech but it may take some time for them to make their brand presence felt as a passive 3D TV brand. As far as lg is concerned, they are the pioneer in using passive 3D tech now and thus not much will change for them. Also the LA and LN series from lg look quite promising. Also the W9 flagship model from sony looks cool as well....Let's wait and watch for their release then we would be able to get more details about them.

Well I believe that the decision of switching to passive 3d technology for their future smart 3D TVs was quite tough for a well known brand like Sony who is considered a rival of LG. But now if they have decided to come up with passive 3d tech and will definitely launch their passive ready models in the near future so they won’t take much time to be known as a passive 3d TV maker. Since passive technology itself considered as most reliable and trusted 3d tech in the market and Sony has their own position in the global market so by mixing them together people will easily accept this change and will get used to with it very soon.

aroraanant

Explorer
Any news about Samsung?
I want to know what Samsung is coming with this year in TV segment, very eager to know.

Jitendra Singh

Broken In
Sony is adopting passive tech in its 3D! This is really a big news for tv tech and a sound reply to passive technology critics.

sachiv

Broken In
LG 2013 line up of TV models has released with some good advanced features but their global shipping is short of order. On the other hand, all the latest 2013 models of sony are build from the same geometric designs.

OP
shaurya.malik88

shaurya.malik88

Broken In
I don't have any idea about the samsung line up of models for 2013. I just know about their 85" ultra hdtv that was launched at the ces..as far as my knowledge is concerned, I think that lg and sony were the only two brands made announcements about their 2013 line up models...@utsav Bhandari: I found a new link about the Lg 2013 line up models, hope this will help you LCDTVBuyingGuide.com Highlights LG LED TV Lineup for 2013 with Initial Reviews, Specs, and... -- ATLANTA, March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ --

Lalit Kishore

Broken In
Sony is adopting passive tech in its 3D! This is really a big news for tv tech and a sound reply to passive technology critics.

Talk about hitting a bull's eye! I personally thought Sony would be too stubborn to adopt passive 3D but I guess I was wrong. Let's see if Samsung stays as the lone active 3D ranger or if they also tread the passive 3D path..

randomuser111

Technomancer
which model?

Sony Bravia KDL -42W802A, 47W802A, 55W802A.

Only 2 3D models for India this year from Sony. 1 is Active - Flagship W900A with Quantum Dot Triluminos LED and W802A with Passive 3D.

Any news about Samsung?
I want to know what Samsung is coming with this year in TV segment, very eager to know.

No Passive from Samsung. Only Active 3D. They basically rehashed the 2012 models with some minor improvements. Nothing major.

rider

as Kratos

Only 2 3D models for India this year from Sony. 1 is Active - Flagship W900A with Quantum Dot Triluminos LED and W802A with Passive 3D.

No Passive from Samsung. Only Active 3D. They basically rehashed the 2012 models with some minor improvements. Nothing major.

Good step by Sony. But design base of W802 is quite awkward. :? Any idea about the pricing of 42" model?
*img692.imageshack.us/img692/9021/kdl55w800ag.png

Last edited:

Lalit Kishore

Broken In

Now even I am curious. There's a lot of info about LG's 2013 3D TV lineup on the web but couldn't find any for Sony. Any links you would like to share??

Top Bottom