should i go for ASUS EAH4850/HTDI/512M [link]
has lots of features & at $200 :D

its plain HD4850....
i don't know how u will be buying it ....but at newegg its $180 and

look at this one

*www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=2&l2=8&l3=725&l4=0&model=2329&modelmenu=1

*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121272

costs $204

make sure to look for international warranty to get is availed in india ...

and don't worry about the temp ..my palit HD4850 runs at 49 deg idle and 59 deg onload in chennai ..thats alright i guess ...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
will be getting it from shop.

will try to get EAH4850 TOP/HTDI/512M (the one you told).

if its availabe at shops for $210, then its ok, coz have to get a camera too:)) *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97747

imgame2

Padawan
will be getting it from shop.

will try to get EAH4850 TOP/HTDI/512M (the one you told).

if its availabe at shops for $210, then its ok, coz have to get a camera too:)) *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97747

thats cool and keep us posted about its performance once u get it!

and canon recently after EOS 400D ....churning out good quality cameras.

arijit_2404

still find time for games
Just started with two games on my new Palit HD4850.

World in Conflict : "Test Benchmark" showing average 60FPS in 'Very High' settings. I don't know whether it is okay or I should get more! :confused: Comment.

The Witcher: With every graphics settings at highest settings (4xAA + 16x AF) at 1440x900 resolution, this game in running like a Ferrari. :D

Thanks to ATi for this low-cost beast.

imgame2

Padawan
Just started with two games on my new Palit HD4850.

World in Conflict : "Test Benchmark" showing average 60FPS in 'Very High' settings. I don't know whether it is okay or I should get more! :confused: Comment.
i get the same again i think ur V-sync is on thats why its locked at 60 FPS ..turn v sync off and u will get more ...for comfortable game play anything above 30 FPS is good

arijit_2404

still find time for games
i get the same again i think ur V-sync is on thats why its locked at 60 FPS ..turn v sync off and u will get more ...for comfortable game play anything above 30 FPS is good

Playing in 60 FPS is like watching a movie. :D
How to turn off vSync? No such option within the game. :(

imgame2

Padawan
Playing in 60 FPS is like watching a movie. :D
How to turn off vSync? No such option within the game. :(
turn if off on ur driver level ...go to 3d--->> all settings --->second setting there is the one wait for vertical refresh! put it always off and tell me what happens ...sadly i had to reinstall my vista so removed my WIC ...can't tell u in-game settings ...

it is ...and those games look good ..i mean really good with all eye candy on ..don't they ???

toofan

Technomancer
I want to know about the Palits sonic version of HD4850 is it runs cooler then normal Palit HD4850 and what is the difference between them?
How much is that card overclocked.

imgame2

Padawan
I want to know about the Palits sonic version of HD4850 is it runs cooler then normal Palit HD4850 and what is the difference between them?
How much is that card overclocked.

the cooler on palit HD4850 sonic is much better than plain palit HD4850 ..so it should run cool with dual copper heatpipes running through a nickel plated radiator.

Hd4850 sonic runs at 685 MHz core clock against 625 MHz of plain HD4850 ...and newer plain Palit comes with dual slot cooler but not as good as the one with sonic ...still it keeps the HD4850 cool @49 deg idle...i hope that cooler will also keep the card in around this range since its pre-overclocked !

but the catch here is palit 4850 sonic is not available in india yet ! ..AFAIK :( but if u can get one its really a good buy !

off the topic i....i don't know much camera websites but would suggest u
1.find out what camera's u can get at 15k budget!
2.register in one of those website forum and ask the question about which camera is best for ur budget,cos not many camera user here as far as i can see ....

toofan

Technomancer
t
off the topic i....i don't know much camera websites but would suggest u
1.find out what camera's u can get at 15k budget!
2.register in one of those website forum and ask the question about which camera is best for ur budget,cos not many camera user here as far as i can see ....

Thanks for this brilliant Idea dear.

OP
mukherjee

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
new amd catalyst v8.9 driver suite released.

*game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp for win xp 32 bit....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Nice.But I am really falling short on this month's quota for my limited internet.Will have to download it later on may be.Can someone please try this & let us know if there are any fixes or noticeable difference at all?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Looks like they have included hotfix for HD4850 and HD4870 to increase stability and performance.

Guys, anyone noticed performance increase after 8.9?

forever

filth is me
I used the ingame benchmarks for a couple of games and getting the same fps nearly that i used to get on the previous version :p

newneo

Heads I Win Tails u Lose
i have bought two gecube 4870. but I'm not able to try them out properly because of the msi x48c mobo (cos' it sucks!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom