Lets discuss our newly bought ATi Radeon HD 4850 here

Status
Not open for further replies.

regenade

Broken In
Here's my OC with the HD 4850 refernce card (Sapphire)

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/10985/3d%20mark%2006%20hd4850%20800-1150.JPG

Currently running with Accelero S1 after market heatsink :)

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/10986/P1040823%20%28Large%29.JPG

imgame2

Padawan
There is already a thread running on the same topic - The Official ATI RV770 Discussion Thread which covers both HD4850 and HD4870. Its been a bit inactive recently though :(

Perhaps Shantanu could merge the two ?
well that 770 thread was for rumors and speculation and this is for the people who have already got ...HD4850 ..so i think its better separate.

u seem have extract every bit of juice possible with HD4850 ....what is the temperature u get with accelero S1 cooler ?? and did u try playing crysis with those high settings ?

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer

Avast gave a warning of torzen horse on Clicking in one of the links provided. Click at your own risk.:D

Shloeb

In the zone
I can't play crysis with 4850 at very high settings at 1024x768 but how do u ppl are able to play it? I get about 23-28 FPS in ver high. SOmetimes the FPS drops below 20.

imgame2

Padawan
I can't play crysis with 4850 at very high settings at 1024x768 but how do u ppl are able to play it? I get about 23-28 FPS in ver high. SOmetimes the FPS drops below 20.

whats ur OS ..??? i am using Vista ultimate edition 32 bit ...

alsoi don't use driver level AA and AF that can seriously compromise the performance .... applying AA and AF in CRYSIS is torture to ur system...

regenade

Broken In
Avast gave a warning of torzen horse on Clicking in one of the links provided. Click at your own risk.

^^ Its Trojan lol :) Did u try to notice why it was doing so :p.....It was a flash file (.swf) which wanted access ! Btw its ImgX uploaded image. Take abt Trojan in Images. You made my day :D

u seem have extract every bit of juice possible with HD4850 ....what is the temperature u get with accelero S1 cooler ?? and did u try playing crysis with those high settings ?

^^ Temps are like 65 or so loaded at those clocks ! And ya u seem to doubt hw can it to be stable at such sky high clocks! The card has been pencil modded and bios modded to get the max clocks :)

imgame2

Padawan
^^ Temps are like 65 or so loaded at those clocks ! And ya u seem to doubt hw can it to be stable at such sky high clocks! The card has been pencil modded and bios modded to get the max clocks :)

so thats the trick ...!! it good to see what a HD4850 can achieve but i will not be overclocking ..since the resolutions i play at ..i might not need overclocking ...pretty much cool for all the games...

Shloeb

In the zone
whats ur OS ..??? i am using Vista ultimate edition 32 bit ...

alsoi don't use driver level AA and AF that can seriously compromise the performance .... applying AA and AF in CRYSIS is torture to ur system...
I am using Windows XP 32-bit. I usually play at 1024x768 with 16X AF, 2X AA.

imgame2

Padawan
I am using Windows XP 32-bit. I usually play at 1024x768 with 16X AF, 2X AA.
i hope u have applied SP3 to ur ur windows XP ..also as i told before try disabling AF and AA and then go on higher settings ....crysis is not forgiving to AA and AF ...first disable AA and AF ..tweak around to see whats the highest setting u can play comfortably then apply AA and AF ...i hope u will get better frame rates there are many sites on the web which will give u optimum setting for CRYSIS try to follow one of that ...i hope it helps

imgame2

Padawan
When i don't apply AF and AA then the FPS difference is 25FPS.

see there u go "difference 25 FPS"...so try applying AF and AA step by step ..and see where u hit the sweet spot so that u can have eye candy as well as performance to play it smoothly ...:)....not even mighty gtx280 is comfortable playing it at 1680x1050 with AA/AF on ...gives only 34 FPS @ that resolution

so u can understand CRYSIS is a torture to any system ....i hope they come up with a optimized graphics engine in crysis-warhead.

toofan

Technomancer
^^ Its Trojan lol :) Did u try to notice why it was doing so :p.....It was a flash file (.swf) which wanted access ! Btw its ImgX uploaded image. Take abt Trojan in Images. You made my day :D

Can anyone explain it in detail to me??

saif71184

Right off the assembly line
i have a sapphire radeon hd 4850 and playing crysis at 1680x1050 with everything maxed out with a smooth 40-45fps, love this baby...

i have a query, m running fan manually at 80% with xml fanfix, are there any side-effects like fan life becoming short due or something?? please advise

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
i have a sapphire radeon hd 4850 and playing crysis at 1680x1050 with everything maxed out with a smooth 40-45fps, love this baby...

congrats on purchase and welcome to the club .....well it is a loveable card ..no doubt ..i m loving it more and more everyday ...:):eek:
i have a query, m running fan manually at 80% with xml fanfix, are there any side-effects like fan life becoming short due or something?? please advise

80% seems to be little high ...whats the temperature u are getting with fan fix....i m not sure about the life of fan ...but will check out and let u know ....

saif71184

Right off the assembly line
thanks imgame2

please lemme know about the fan-life thing.
the temps with fan at 80% are 40-43degs idle and 65-70degs full load

amitash

Intel OCer
Interesting thread adn the card is just brilliant...Rarerly can u see such vfm
Anyone running 2 of these babies on CF??

And btw no virus detected by Kaspersky on those 2 images

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@regenade: How much does the Accelero S1 cost? Also is it difficult to fix it onto this card? I have never opened up a GPU before.I wanted to get a better cooling solution for my card.For some reason it's idling to 65 degrees now which previously used to be around 53 degrees with 75% fan speed.:(

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Congrats for the card Cody.Just spoke to Jay about it.BTW did you like the packaging he had sent it in? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom