Lets develop Patent download Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

godblessedson

Broken In
Hi Guys

I dont know how many of you need to serach for the patents from around the world patents Database. Most common database allow free download of patents from their site/

www.uspto.gov (United State Patents)

www.ep.espace.net (World and Europe patents) and many other site....

Most of these site allow viewing the original document as TIFF file format with one page at a time. Which is very inconvenient. So one very useful way is to fetch all the TIFF pages from the database and convert it into pdf.

Many companies has found good business in this and based on this range of services they offer (with charges)

1. Download the pdf file from their site.

2. Email delivery of PDF files

3. Delivery of printed PDF files at your doorstep

I cant afford their service and have found a good site www.pat2pdf.org (under GPL license) and *sughrue.patentfetcher.com/ which convert the document to PDF file and make available for download free of charge.

Script and other details about pat2pdf are available under GPL license at *www.tothink.com/pat2pdf/.

I could not come across any variant of open source or/and freeware software for patent search and download of patents except FREEPAT at *www.intelprop.ca/freePat/FAQ.html

I am from non computer background else would have looked for development of any program for this kind.

So by this I call for the guys with programming skills to make a group and develop such kind software.

I am not member of 'No Softare Patent' movement. Like many I cant afford but.

(I understand the term opensource, GPL, freeware terms well.....so no discussion should start about that).

For Person with computer programming skills this may be just a small Programming. For users it is 'lot of convienence'. I am convienced about the popularity this kind of software can get.

Regards

P.S. lots of anticipations...............

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
You dont have to post this in every section.
Please continue here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24791

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom