Learn to Play a Guitar in 60days \m/ ROCKSMITH \m/

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
i also dont have a guitar. i might buy from olx

Don't do that if you have no understanding with Guitar.

Chances are you'll end up with a bad deal and a bad guitar with 1000's of problems.

If you can't spend much, go to Signature Showrooms, get a nice one for 2k - 2.5k

For electric one can easily be find for as less as for 5k, but a fair one will come around 8k - 10k.

But for gods sake if you don't know how to check guitars and all, fair understanding of tones and sounds, don't go for 2nd hand deal. It can ruin your Guitar experience.

And personally I think there's no point of investing much in the beginning. First get comfortable with guitar, learn the basics and then there's your future ahed to buy funky ones or expensive ones.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Chances are you'll end up with a bad deal and a bad guitar with 1000's of problems.

If you can't spend much, go to Signature Showrooms, get a nice one for 2k - 2.5k

For electric one can easily be find for as less as for 5k, but a fair one will come around 8k - 10k.

But for gods sake if you don't know how to check guitars and all, fair understanding of tones and sounds, don't go for 2nd hand deal. It can ruin your Guitar experience.

And personally I think there's no point of investing much in the beginning. First get comfortable with guitar, learn the basics and then there's your future ahed to buy funky ones or expensive ones.

For an acoustic guitar, At least keep a budget of 5k and for electric at least 12k. These are rates for good entry level guitars, do not settle for less than these as sound and build quality will suffer.

Also, has anyone actually bought the Rocksmith cable for connecting your guitar?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I agree that. But I do not encourage anyone to go with 2nd hand guitar if he/she doesn't have knowledge to identify guitars.

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
have seen guitars on quickr olx for 7k but idk how good they are. so please reply on any thread if you buy one and let us know how it is :lol:
i'm also looking to buy one under 10k. mostly acoustic.
yea I did a lot of talking with my colleagues at office who play, and they told me that you can always replace the cable but the potentiometers for the guitar will have to be good or else you would regret it.
Wouldn't matter if you have a guitar, getting the special cable needed to connect your guitar to the PC is nearly impossible. I looked high and low and only ones I could find were excess of 3k Rs. or not shippable to India.

Also, those wanting to buy a Guitar, keep budget excess of 12k at least. Serious suggestion.
bro, the cable is universal so even ps3 cable will work with PC

buy iy from
Amazon.com: Ubisoft Rocksmith Real Tone Cable: Video Games
or
ROCKSMITH OFFICIAL REAL TONE USB CABLE (PS3 XBOX 360 PC) FOR COOPERATIVE PLAY | eBay

I've played the guitar, as in learning wise and I liked the electric better than the acoustic
But just to let you know, I don't even know how to tune the guitar.
I think My total budget may go as high as 15k including the game.

I have completed till lesson 4...try it out...its good for beginners...have to complete the rest of the lessons
sorry for my blunt answer. I will buy the guitar and the game on the same day and surely go through the tutorial. I've learnied many things from internet and I'm not a quitter.
@Gollum: start from about.com (the author has explained in layman's language which is easy to grasp)
I would really appriciate a link if you could spare some time to post one.
For an acoustic guitar, At least keep a budget of 5k and for electric at least 12k. These are rates for good entry level guitars, do not settle for less than these as sound and build quality will suffer.

Also, has anyone actually bought the Rocksmith cable for connecting your guitar?
you mean 12k for electric?
I thought electric would cost me around 5-7k. As a basic guitar I think Givson would be a good brand or Java?
I agree that. But I do not encourage anyone to go with 2nd hand guitar if he/she doesn't have knowledge to identify guitars.

Message received mate. I wont go for second hand. What free stuff do you get with an electric guitar?
Rocksmith guitar bundle comes with guitar, game, cable, guitar strap, platrum/pick all for 12k

abhidev

Human Spambot
Beginner Guitar Lessons

hey thanks for the link...guitar learning was on a hault from past few months..will start again :)

sorry for my blunt answer. I will buy the guitar and the game on the same day and surely go through the tutorial. I've learnied many things from internet and I'm not a quitter.

I found it useful for learning music theory and jargons which I didn't know at all :D

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I've played the guitar, as in learning wise and I liked the electric better than the acoustic
But just to let you know, I don't even know how to tune the guitar.
I think My total budget may go as high as 15k including the game.

I know, everyone does that. But believe me, starting with electric guitar is a bad idea. And with paddle / processor is very bad at the beginning. There are various reasons.

You need to be comfortable with guitar to be able to play it smoothly and go ahed. And electric guitar distorts peoples from this thing. Everyone loves electric guitar and rocking with it plugged.

But all the guitar legends always recommends unplugged.

Message received mate. I wont go for second hand. What free stuff do you get with an electric guitar?
Rocksmith guitar bundle comes with guitar, game, cable, guitar strap, platrum/pick all for 12k

Then it's a great offer. But what guitar will they bundle it with?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
But believe me, starting with electric guitar is a bad idea. And with paddle / processor is very bad at the beginning. There are various reasons.
But all the guitar legends always recommends unplugged.
Absolutely correct and any pro guitarist will say the same...
bcoz beginner can't bear so much distortion with electric
Electric shud be started from intermediate level...

Electric is easy & Acoustic is hard so people moving from acoustic to electric finds it easy to play but from electric to acoustic it becomes quite difficult to handle
and simple reason for that being change in body structure,design,fretboards,strings,handling etc

hey thanks for the link...guitar learning was on a hault from past few months..will start again :)
welcome

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
you mean 12k for electric?
I thought electric would cost me around 5-7k. As a basic guitar I think Givson would be a good brand or Java?

Both are sh1t brands. At least get a Greg Bennett signature series Avion AV1 (I think) for around 11-12k.

Has anyone over here actually bought the cable? Still I say, it is cheaper to head over to the musicians thread over here and get tips to learn. :p

Last edited:
OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
sure, i will once i get a guitar.
did a little research and found the you can tune the guitar with the game. it teaches u to do that.
+you need to have zero knowledge of the thing.
it also teaches you bout reading notes and stuf

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
did a little research and found the you can tune the guitar with the game. it teaches u to do that.
+you need to have zero knowledge of the thing.
it also teaches you bout reading notes and stuf
now if u are paying that much amount of money...it shud do cover those important parts :wink:

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
And in other news we can get ripped abs and muscles in 4 weeks by eating a magic pill.

I got those abs from internet research and a lot of crunches.
I'll have to get this game either mid week or next weekend.

Update:
[youtube]0IhUbhLsH6U[/youtube]

Rocksmith for total noobs
[YOUTUBE]TtEKnlBJbdo[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Just started playing rocksmith, and it gets tough really fast. I did all the basic tutorials but now am stuck on bends. Still trying to figure out how much i can push the strings before they break

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
Just started playing rocksmith, and it gets tough really fast. I did all the basic tutorials but now am stuck on bends. Still trying to figure out how much i can push the strings before they break

I have not yet received the goddamn game ...damn you flipkart and ekart logistics :x

OP
Gollum

Gollum

Collector
So how many of you are hooked on to this?

i am, though i have not posted an update yet.
i have reached 50% mastery in many songs. but i still have issues with fretting correctly. i can pick without looking now. thanks to string skip saloon.

Top Bottom