Leadtek or XFX

Status
Not open for further replies.

d

Journeyman
Hiya....jus wanted to know if there's any diff in perfomance between card manufactureres.....like, i'm out to buy a 6600GT...<to all those guys with better gfx cards, BOO>, and my dealer was telling me tht xfx is much better than leadtek.....n xfx also costs more...so i was just wondering....

Ringwraith

Journeyman
XFX is not better than Leadtek. If you are getting a leadtek card cheaper, I suggest going for it.
However I would ask you to spend a bit more, and get the XFX 6800GS (costs arnd 15k). That gives you almost 1.8 - 2 times the performance of 6600GT at a not so high price.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
there is a slight diff in performance between XFX & Leadtek

say comes down to 5 to 8 fps dependin on the game

and the price diff is like 2k

so not worth it i guess

my choice would be Leadtek

cryptid

Journeyman
well i herd XFX is better than leadtech and it also gives an option of overclocking ur GPU,,,,, dunno if leadtek gives that option

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Leadtek performs better than XFX but there is not a huge diff between the two .. infact its very slightly better and this varies on diff chips. the only benefit ull get with xfx is good service support all over india as rashi peripherals distributes it in india and they have a good number of branches and service centres all over india. but keep in mind that xfx costs more :(

player2k5

Broken In
both r excellent but leadteck has the edge becoz its cheaper xfx 6800gs definitely one of the most happenin cards there r around...

paraman

Journeyman
As far as I know, Leadtek offers warranty for 1 year while XFX does so for 3 years. Something to be taken into consideration.

cryptid

Journeyman
i Think XFX supports Linux and Leadtek dosent(I am not very sure bout leadtek not supporting as it is not mentioned ne where),,,,,,, and what about 6600 non GT 256mb i was planning to buy XFX make do u think it is wise ( i also use Linux so keep that in mind and suggest),,,, if u think Leadtek is better then please explain how

mohit

The Hardware Labs
cryptid said:
i Think XFX supports Linux and Leadtek dosent(I am not very sure bout leadtek not supporting as it is not mentioned ne where),,,,,,, and what about 6600 non GT 256mb i was planning to buy XFX make do u think it is wise ( i also use Linux so keep that in mind and suggest),,,, if u think Leadtek is better then please explain how

I dont think Linux is specific to certain companies which make hardware .. i think its just the chipset that matters if its supported or not and not the brand. Guys correct me if I am wrong.

OP
D

d

Journeyman
yeah its usually only the chipset that matters, as the board architecture is similair to both xfx n leadtek n watever else brand uses the same board....so u ought to check linux compatibility with the chipset, not with the board.

Zaysen

Broken In
I would bet my ass on a XFX anyday.Installed More than 100 cards over 4 years right from Riva TNT2 M64 When XFX Was Called Pine Group In 2001 to the very recent XFX geforce 6200TC 128mb PCI Express .So Far not a single problem or a burn out faced.

navino87

In the zone
I have recently got a new BIG 6600 256 mb non gt card with 3 years warranty.

Is that card good enough compared to other cards?

Will I face any problem in using it?

comrade

foreign return(0)
today i just got a leadtek 6600 GT 128MB PCIE card for myself costing Rs.8950. I never experienced gaming performance like this before...finally very much settled with this after my pet ennyah geforce4ti 4600. :lol: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom