LCD monitors vs LED monitors

anandjoshi

Right off the assembly line
Hi Friends,

I am in a fix on buying LCD or LED monitor, Please help me out. Also suggest some models with their prices

Thank you
Anand

Gollum

Collector
Check the hardware spec/price list thread in vga bazar section. Led just consumer less power in comparison to lcd.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah and keep in mind that LED monitors are actually LCD as said before. It's not like OLED or AMOLED mobile screens where the whole screen is AMOLED but not LCD, but here it's actually a LCD where only the back lighting is LED.
I never figured out how they sale by stating LED monitors/TV's instead of LED Back lighting monitors/TV's.

mkumar

Broken In
I wanted to buy a 22" LED monitor n i am almost finalizing a Dell or Benq model (i have yet confirm the model) but i am shocked by reading this!
According to you they r not LED monitors?
If so when can we expect a full LED monitor in INDIA?
Thx

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
I just know that Samsung has shown some LED monitors at some show. Transparent and very cool looking.

They are not even out in US/UK AFAIK.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Sony Kills Next-Gen 11" Display; Manufacturers Hedge on OLED TVs - HotHardware

11'' Sony OLED for 2000US$. Now the price tells the story. It is not possible to produce a 36/42'' OLED TV in a budget around 50-60k, not yet, in future? Might be.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah go with Dell IPS monitors, they are good. IPS technology is the best overall in LCD. So don't fall into LED Backlighting gimmick.

Top Bottom