Not open for further replies.

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
Ok I am in the market for an lcd which meets the following specs
Budget 20 k
Anyhing over or 19 inch will do
A good response time -6ms or below
DVI port
Potrait mode (would highly appreciate if this is available in my budget)
Dual hinge with full swivel capabilities
If possible can i have altleast an hd ready resiolution 720p(very high priority)
Moreover also do lcd's use progressive or interlaced scanning technique
I also have to buy a sound card within the 4k budget something which supports a good signal to noise ratio@102db to suport my altec lansing mx-5021 thx cerified 2.1 speakers which presently run on 865 onboard sound(for the thx experience do u need a thx certified soundcard as well).
At present I am looking at the aoc 193p
*reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/aoc-193p-19-lcd/4505-3174_7-31756827.html
and the Benq FP92w
*reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/benq-fp92w-flat-panel/4505-3174_7-32243063.html?tag=prod.txt.1
in the lcd's
For the souncard I am looking at the creative audigy 2 series(not the value one since it is not thx cerified)

Sourabh

Laptoping
Where are you from? Check out the Dell LCDs, they've gone very affordable in the last couple of weeks. I feel that Dells are the ones which offer the best deals currently. LCDs which offer portrait mode viewing will be out of your budget. They are more like 24-25k ish. You can check out the Dell UltraSharp 1908FP 19" Flat Panel LCD Monitor from Dell India website here. The 1908FP swivels 45° left and right. It meets all your requirements. The best thing, it costs 15k. But you will have to wait for 2 weeks for delivery.

As for the sound card, you can consider the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music 7.1 which is priced around 5.5k or so. The X-Fi sound cards have serious availability issues though.

OP
aneesh kalra

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
I am from Delhi.Thanks Sourabh the model you suggested seems good but I think I would be going in for the widescreen one although it does not support swivel it is also Rs 1000 cheaper;).One more question I had was that lcd's run best at their native resolution so if I buy a widescren that has 1440x900 resolution and when I play heavy games on it in which I have to degrade the resolution(in the game graphic detail menu, in the display properties of windows it would still be 1440x900 ) to 640x480 or 800x 600 would the games till display properly .

OP
aneesh kalra

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
Brought the viewsonic va1912wb today.I have the option of replacing this with a benq fp92w or any other monitor in th 19 inch it in a span of 4 days.Got a demo of both the monitors but on very different machines
the benq was on a 845 and the other was on a 945.The benq was poorer and one could see the pixels and was comparatively less bright and the viewsonic wsa much better.Was this more due to the difference in onboard graphics .Note both were run using vga ports on their native resolutions. However I would be running them on my 6200 256 mb agp card via dvi.

OP
aneesh kalra

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
Guys how is the aoc widesceen as compred to the viewsonic va1912wb and is vg series better in the viewsonic range.

assasin

Banned
aneesh kalra said:
the benq was on a 845 and the other was on a 945.The benq was poorer and one could see the pixels and was comparatively less bright and the viewsonic wsa much better.Was this more due to the difference in onboard graphics

the difference was not cuz of the 2 diff onboard gfx chipsets,cuz both r equally capable of displaying a res of 1440*900 (not in games but only in daily apps).

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
I have benq fp92w and samsung 940BW and its dispaly is in par with any 19" TN panel. Only downside is that BENQ dosen't bundle the DVI cable in the package.

OP
aneesh kalra

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
The viewsonic va 1912 wb is what I have now but the videos are grainy somtimes, is this generic to all lcd's or can buying a better one solve the problem since I have an option to replace this one and if yes which one to go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom