Latest OS available

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu

Technomancer
GOOD ONE BUT VISTA THEME PACK PROVIDED IN NOV2006 issue is also free and very good

VISTA_RC1_TRANSFORMATION PACK

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
ravi_9793 said:
there are many vista look like themes available.I have found one in digit CD/DVD only.(I dont rem the month)...If u need that I can upload it for u.
Hey........... i would be glad if u upload it for me...............

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
mukilan said:
Thanks for the link.How to use that .msstyles file?I dont want any 3rd party softwares.Please help
it is simple...jut download the theme file from the link and doulbe click the theme file.
Ur theme sud be changed.If ur theme is nt changed than u need uxtheme.dll file to allow 3rd party visual styles.download it from here.
*themes.belchfire.net/downloads/[3532]UXTheme_Multi_Patcher_4.0.zip

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Ron I guess you are only interested in windows. If so I will change the topic to 'Latest version of Windows' available.

mukilan

Broken In
ravi_9793 said:
it is simple...jut download the theme file from the link and doulbe click the theme file.
Ur theme sud be changed.If ur theme is nt changed than u need uxtheme.dll file to allow 3rd party visual styles.download it from here.
*themes.belchfire.net/downloads/[3532]UXTheme_Multi_Patcher_4.0.zip

But its a .msstyles file and not .theme file???

T

titun

What is the price of XP Profesional in india ? As I just got a job I am thinking of buying an original pack. Also I fear that with P4, 2.4 GHz,760 MB RAM & no extra graphics card my PC is not ready for ultimate Vista experience with Aero effects.Also I can't update hardware soon enough.

The only problem why I left using linux is my AirTel GPRS+NOKIA 6070 did not work with it :-(

Will it be a bad move to buy XP Pro at this point of time, when vista is going to be launched soon ??

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
mukilan said:
But its a .msstyles file and not .theme file???
yaa..that u need to run if on double clicking the theme file..ur theme is nt changed.
Will it be a bad move to buy XP Pro at this point of time, when vista is going to be launched soon ??
I dont think it will be a bad move for U...U dont have vista compatible system....and I dont think u r going to inverst around 10k for system upgradation and 20k for vista.

If u are ready to invest money..than u sud surely go for Vista.

Last edited:

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
titun said:
As I just got a job I am thinking of buying an original pack
Y dont go for Linux like SUSE
these r free and after fresh install u dont need to mess up for hours installing the drivers of this and that.
As i think u r related to IT, then it wud b beneficial to u to use new tech as it is spreading like fire in jungles..
Give it a try too.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
mukilan said:
It says that it has detected setup files in c:\windows\

and it asks to move them away
first click on the theme file....if the theme is changed,than u dont need anything to do.

T

titun

it cost 5900/- (nehru place,new delhi price)

I dont think it will be a bad move for U...U dont have vista compatible system....and I dont think u r going to inverst around 10k for system upgradation and 20k for vista.

If u are ready to invest money..than u sud surely go for Vista.
Thanks ravi_9793.

Y dont go for Linux like SUSE
these r free and after fresh install u dont need to mess up for hours installing the drivers of this and that.
As i think u r related to IT, then it wud b beneficial to u to use new tech as it is spreading like fire in jungles..
Give it a try too.
U r right Manshahia, i am in tech field. I used a lil of linux FC5,UBUNTU, but could not use my NOKIA 6070 with it for net. That is the prime reason, coz it uses data cable & linux did not detected my phone. I would like to give SUSE a try after u said.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Oh.... I hav the same problem. Looking for some answers.
Nd i think we will definately find that. Suse includes a software Gnokki which is written for Nokia phone detection.
I dont knw how to use it but i m searching.
Hav heard in this forum that there is another software version of Gnokki knwn as Kgnokki which has Graphical nterface.

Do tell me too, if u get an answer to that. Nd i will help u too.

T

titun

Sure mate. I have used Gnokii with FC5 earlier, it connected with my phone & AirTel GPRS also, but data was not coming for some strange reason. The thread I created for that problem is this.

It is still not solved. May be we can continue there regarding our problem. Just bookmark it for now, as this thread is not appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom