Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

urvishgajjar

Right off the assembly line
Which Motherboard is Best and Cost effective for AMD 64 2800

I have recently AMD Athlon xp 2000+ with Asus A7N266-VM Motherboard with Onboard Nvidia NForce2 Graphics onboard with runs 70% of recent games like Crickt 2004, Starwars Jedi Nights, Unreal Tournaments 2003, Halo2, Hulk etc. but most recent games like Price of Percia latest version, Doom3 etc. may be not work, So I want to Upgrade My PC with MSI K8MM-ILSR which have SATA,RAID,8USB,FIREWIRE,AGP8x,LAN,Onboard Unichrome graphics upto 64MB etc.

So I just wanted to know from you guys there:

is anybody try MSI K8MM-ILSR ?

if yes how is most recent games like doom3, halflife2 etc. runs on onboard graphics?

is it has better gaming support then my currunt Asus's onboard Nvidia Nforce2 graphics on board ?

is it possible to run all recent games with MSI's onboard's unichrome graphics (Slow games will do, I just want to run games)

Please suggest
Email urvishgajjar@yahoo.com

[/url]

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Which Motherboard is Best and Cost effective for AMD 64 2800

urvishgajjar said:
I have recently AMD Athlon xp 2000+ with Asus A7N266-VM Motherboard with Onboard Nvidia NForce2 Graphics onboard with runs 70% of recent games like Crickt 2004, Starwars Jedi Nights, Unreal Tournaments 2003, Halo2, Hulk etc. but most recent games like Price of Percia latest version, Doom3 etc. may be not work
Hmmm....well Doom 3 will Run On an Nforce 2 Mobo Trust Me,you just need XP for it. (I'm Runnin it with the Same Mobo with all settings at low,of Course :wink:) Cant say the same for POP:SOT And WW as these games are High on Pixel shader support and Nforce 2 falls behind :(

urvishgajjar said:
is anybody try MSI K8MM-ILSR ?
Nope dude havent tried this Mobo yet but just ran through its specs which says to have a SIS Graphics Controller which AFAIk Sucks Badly in running games and if i'm not mistaken it has just 64MB shared Video Mem which is not much better than your Nforce 2 anyways :eek:

urvishgajjar said:
if yes how is most recent games like doom3, halflife2 etc. runs on onboard graphics?
Hl2 Yes With Normal Settings but Doom 3 Cant say much as it would require a Good Graphic card to give you a Real feel of the game.

urvishgajjar said:
is it has better gaming support then my currunt Asus's onboard Nvidia Nforce2 graphics on board ?
Well not much i must say but if you insert a AGP Card then well thats a different Screnario.In Any case i suggest you better Have a Graphics card upgrade rather than depending on the Onboard Video Memory. :wink:

urvishgajjar said:
is it possible to run all recent games with MSI's onboard's unichrome graphics (Slow games will do, I just want to run games)
Cant Guarantee all Games but if it lacks pixel shader and Vertex Shader then games like POP versions and Splinter Cell:Ct will refuse to start up on it :(

@mohit.....The XFX Nvidia PCX5300 with 128MB DDR Vram must be costing around 3.5k-4k in Mumbai.

amey_dude

Journeyman
ashu888ashu888 said:
also do tell me that is this the latest DVD ROM speed that is available in the market , from SONY?

Yea thats the latest speed available in market :)

ashu888ashu888 said:
also is it true that the SONY DVD ROM comes in a Plastic packing and not the Box packed one?? and with a 1 year warranty

Not sure about this, but it comes in box packing i think and dont know abt warranty :(

ashu888ashu888 said:
Are there any CD or Floppy given to me along with the SONY DVD ROM for installation or will my WIN XP PROF. edition OS detect it automatically??

Any OS will detect the DVD-ROM automatically :D And abt CD there will one containg original version of some dvd compatible players such as powerDVD or others :)

quad master

In the zone
Winchester is better than newcastle

Reason
- Built using 90nm technology.
- low voltage required.
- since low voltage therefore less heat generated.
- if you belong to the overclocker category then winchesters overclock more than newcastle.

AMD is coming with new cores Venice and Sandeigo which are more better
than winchester.

if you are planning to buy one do wait for these cores as they are more
better than winchester.

Why read my 2nd post here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic...c9&PHPSESSID=5a82e25c5f2b558da304c3eae49977a7

sourabhmajumder

Hey Guys !!!!

I am new to this forum.
But has always been a loyal Digit Reader scince the very begining in April 98. And Hv never missed an issue.

I have posted few topics related to Speakers. Please check them out

I am A Delhi , Nehru place Based Computer Resseller.

Please Feel free to ask me anything.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
sourabhmajumder

Sure here is my first Q
Dear Sir I want a pentium 3 1.4 Tulatine CPU where and how can i get it.
I have a ASUS CUSL2 mobo and bought a Tulatine adaptor today from bazee or shall i say ebay.in today thus am anxious to try it out.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
if better then....

quad master said:
Winchester is better than newcastle

Reason
- Built using 90nm technology.
- low voltage required.
- since low voltage therefore less heat generated.
- if you belong to the overclocker category then winchesters overclock more than newcastle.

AMD is coming with new cores Venice and Sandeigo which are more better
than winchester.

if you are planning to buy one do wait for these cores as they are more
better than winchester.

Why read my 2nd post here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic...c9&PHPSESSID=5a82e25c5f2b558da304c3eae49977a7
If winchester r better then y it gives less speed than newcastle?( AMD 64 bit 3000+ -> winchester=1.8ghz and newcastle=2ghz)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
rockit said:
Any body can give exact price of XFX geforce 6600 256 MB (OEM) pack
Well the XFX Geforce 6600 (Plain) 256MB Version costs around 7.9k i guess.

@Wizrulez.....Dude the Winchesters are a new breed and have Less Voltage and Process counts.If overclocked the winchesters give a Better results than Newcastle processors,also they are comparatively cooler if compared to Newcastle processors.If you actually bechmark these processors rather than stating its Ghz speeds u'll clearly see the results and Winchester having an edge over Newcastle.
Check this site out for the actual benchmarking battle Between Newcastle and Winchester processors
*www.bleedinedge.com/reviews/processor_reviews/a64/ap64_01.html

darklord

Cyborg Agent
allwyndlima said:
rockit said:
Any body can give exact price of XFX geforce 6600 256 MB (OEM) pack
Well the XFX Geforce 6600 (Plain) 256MB Version costs around 7.9k i guess.

@Wizrulez.....Dude the Winchesters are a new breed and have Less Voltage and Process counts.If overclocked the winchesters give a Better results than Newcastle processors,also they are comparatively cooler if compared to Newcastle processors.If you actually bechmark these processors rather than stating its Ghz speeds u'll clearly see the results and Winchester having an edge over Newcastle.
Check this site out for the actual benchmarking battle Between Newcastle and Winchester processors
*www.bleedinedge.com/reviews/processor_reviews/a64/ap64_01.html

Correct me if i am wrong but arent Hammers faster when it comes to Clock to clock performance comparison between Winnies and Hammers. :wink:

monty701

hey guys i want to buy a geforce 6600 GT AGP card. can u please give me the adress of GAINWARD , XFX,GIGABYTE & LEADTEK dealers in mumbai.which brand is the best among these??? also give me the price for each brand.help required urgently.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
darklord said:
Correct me if i am wrong but arent Hammers faster when it comes to Clock to clock performance comparison between Winnies and Hammers. :wink:
Lol......Darky i suppose at some point the Winnies outperform the Clawhammers in Gaming benchmarks but here i dun suppose the clawhammer was in discussion or agruement,am i right buddy :lol: :wink:
Btw if you look at those Dual channel memory controllers of winnies they are surely better stading in comparison to the L2 cache of Clawhammer's,Atleast that's what AMD says at this point :D Plus you have a Winnie proccy too i suppose so how much does it OC to and how did you feel its performance in comparison to Clawhammer core :)

sandeeprao

Broken In
has the nvidia nforce4 chipset released in india???and i plan to buy a new comp for abt 35k with amd pross.can anyone help me??i would prefer a pci-e video card by nvidia.can the gr8 ones out there help me???

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
The asus sli for AMD using gforce 4 is selling at Rs 6500 on ebay.in in bangalore its 13K. The sli gforce 4 for intel is not yet available (as of yesterday)

Top Bottom