Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

tkin

Back to school!!
I would also recommend seagate anyday over WD ( HDds are something of personal choice too ) :p

I know if a HDD just carshed on someone the impression would be very bad as you can loose a lot of critical data ( my 80GB seagate Hdd once craches ).

BTW, the prob with 7200.11 were fixed with new firmwire update ( as upgraded mine I know that ) and the 7200.12 series drives are known to be that firmwire bug free :p
My 7200.11 got fixed too, no crash after update, 4500hrs passed after that.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
guys got a gud deal m getting WD 500GB @32MB Cache for 2500/- each.... for 50 bucks less i was getting seagate 7200.12 500Gb@16MB Cache..... so decided to go with WD... will let u know how the performance is once i RAID it n load win7 Ultimate on it......will be using my old seagate 7200.9 250GB 4MB Cache as an external drive ordered a TAG casing@600/- will get it by today evening n will keep u guys updated..... anywayz i wish to thank everyone who have help me in making this decision..... thx to all.....CIAO

Great deal :p Keep us updated.

My 7200.11 got fixed too, no crash after update, 4500hrs passed after that.

Glad to know that :p

nads

Broken In
hiii guys
what should i say..... got the drives but i should be happy or sad i dunno.... i wasnt home when the delivery fellow came to give the drives at my place so my lil bro collected it n opened the plastic in which the HDD comes... i come home n find that i have received HD Green HDD with 32MB Cache :-x:-x:-x

i cant return it since the plastic bags r torn.... WD Blue r not available in the market at this time only green n blacks... anyways damage was already done n i went ahead n setup my RAID 0 config which went pretty smooth installed win7 ultimate n all my relevant stuff..... n ran HDD Tune *img526.imageshack.us/img526/987/hddtunebenchmarkpic.jpg now u guys tell me how r the transfer rates i even downloaded the passmark performance software n i have got a disk mark of 1206 *img44.imageshack.us/img44/3931/passmarkscore.jpg i have got WD 500GB Model nos WD5000AADS couldnt find any reviews on the net.... but i dont seee much of a performance boost when win7 is booting it boots as fast as my optimized win xp.... m i missing somthing here or this is normal......

Write speeds have increases compared to my old HDD seagate 9200.9 series 250GB n reading is also quick..... but not as quick as i had expected to be honest.....will be loading games n then i will see the real world performance of these HDD..... if u guys need any other info let me know will be glad to help....

NB:- check this link also *www.harddrivebenchmark.net/hdd_lookup.php?cpu=WDC+WD5000AADS

note that the seagate ST3500418AS is the same drive which i was planning 500GB@16MB cache n its nos one...... y didnt i come across this before :-x:-x.... u can see the score for a single WD5000AADS which i m having n it lags a cool 236 points behind :-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x...... but in RAID0 i m getting score of 1206 which is a little more than 2 WD5000AADS combine will the same be true with the seagates????? or m i just trying to find more value from my blunder :?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@nads, average transfer rate of 130+MBps is pretty good and really fast.

if possible, I will try to run the same tests on my home PC today and let you know.

nads

Broken In
thx desibond ur results will really help to find out how other drives r performing..... by the way i researched some more on the net n hav come to know that the WD Blue 500GB with 16MB Cache model number is WD5000AAKS n Green drive model number is WD5000AADS found out according to passmark ratings that WD blue is slower than WD green a bit not much.... but the seagate ST3500418TS has such a huge advantage any idea y?????? at the same price range.....

look 2 positions below to see WD5000AAKS
*www.harddrivebenchmark.net/hdd_lookup.php?cpu=WDC+WD5000AADS

Guys check out this link *www.hardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1284410&page=16

i think i should be happy with my RAID0 perfomance of WD green drives:-o:-o:-o:-o

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Canon Lide 100 Sacnner @ Rs. 2850
BenQ G610HDA LCD Moinitor @ Rs. 4400

Last edited:

cooldudegandhi

Right off the assembly line
hi everyone
i'm kinda new here
and i hope i'm posting at the right place
i've been readin your posts and wow they're useful!!!!
i need some help in putting up a new pc
my budget is around 25000
i've decided that the casing is to be cooler master's haf 922
after that i m left with 25000 - that is for the cpu and mouse n keyboard only excluding the cabinet
i dont need a monitor
for the mobo i'm thinkin bout -
MSI 790GX-G65 - AMD® 790GX/SB750 - Rs 7250/-
Asus M4A78TD-V-EVO - AMD 785G/SB710 - Rs 7100/-
i got these from this forum itself
and amd quad core - please suggest some
1 tb hdd
2 to 3 gb ddr3 ram should suffice
and i need a good graphics card
and i guess thats all
thanks for your help in advance!
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
sorry i forgot to add that i need a wireless keyboard and mouse - 5 button mouse if possible something like the iball black cat
Posted again:
sorry i forgot to add that i need a wireless keyboard and mouse - 5 button mouse if possible something like the iball black cat

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
i've decided that the casing is to be cooler master's haf 922
Its a dust magnet. Sure you live in a dust free environment? Instead look for CM-690 which is cheaper or look for CM Storm Scout
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122108
Comes for under 7k.
for the mobo i'm thinkin bout -
MSI 790GX-G65 - AMD® 790GX/SB750 - Rs 7250/-
Asus M4A78TD-V-EVO - AMD 785G/SB710 - Rs 7100/-
The MSI board is much better unless you looking at onboard Graphics. Make sure it supports RAM above 1333MHz though. If you are not an overclocker, then have a look at Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H @ 5.5k.
and amd quad core - please suggest some
1 tb hdd
2 to 3 gb ddr3 ram should suffice
Athlon II X4 620 @ 5.5k
Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 @ 5k
Seagate 7200.12 1TB @ 4k, same as WD Green (power saver HDD)
I am not very good at wireless keyboard and mice.

cooldudegandhi

hi krow
thnx a ton for the help

cabinet - haf 922 - 7.5k
mobo - MSI 790GX-G65 - AMD® 790GX/SB750 - Rs 7250/-
proccy - Athlon II X4 620 - 5.5k
ram - Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 - 5k
hdd - Seagate 7200.12 1TB - 4k
gpu - 8k
mouse n keyboard - wireless - 2k
dvd writer - 1.5k
power supply - cheap one - 2k
extras - 2k

cost - 44750
budget - 35000
result - way over budget

well the new cpu needs to wait a while i guess

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hmm. power supply - cheap one -2k. and that too when you plan a mid range GPU?

my suggestion would be to get atleast Corsair VX450W or Gigabyte Superb 460W

you can buy the entire rig except the GPU for now as the 790FX should be okay to play games at low to medium settings (depending on resolution). Once AMD or nvidia releases sub 8k dx11 card, you can grab that.

cooldudegandhi

desiibond
well isnt a 450W power supply always 450W??
and i run my oc'd asus en8600gt widout probs on a cheap power supply
and i m way out of my budget
i really need to cut somewhere
and by 790fx - are u talkin bout the mobo??
if so will be able to handle high resolutions - at least 1440*900 and maybe 1920*1080
but anyways i need to buy a gpu with the cpu or i never get it
i think i might just buy a 1.5k cabinet due to the budget
and wat bout ati 5770 cards??
are they available yet?

Krow

Crowman
^For cabinet, get CM 690 @ 5k. or CM 590 (dunno price). If you wanna save further, then CM Elite 334/335 @ 2.1k.

No a 450W cheapo PSU is way different from a 450W from Corsair. Its about efficiency and quality of power provided to your rig. A crap power supply may just end up burning your rig. Its just luck that your OCed 8600GT runs well on the cheapo PSU. Better cut down on processor and GPU than PSU.

790FX is chipset on the mobo.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
desiibond
well isnt a 450W power supply always 450W??
and i run my oc'd asus en8600gt widout probs on a cheap power supply
and i m way out of my budget
i really need to cut somewhere
and by 790fx - are u talkin bout the mobo??
if so will be able to handle high resolutions - at least 1440*900 and maybe 1920*1080
but anyways i need to buy a gpu with the cpu or i never get it
i think i might just buy a 1.5k cabinet due to the budget
and wat bout ati 5770 cards??
are they available yet?

chsap power supplies will be able to handle low end gpus that take power from pcie slot. once u move to gpu that takes power using a 6pin or bigger power connector, a good psu is necessary.
a cheap psu can never reach it's rated max output. if u are thinking of hd5770 or higher you better get gigabyte superb 460w atleast.

also psu like corsair vx450w take around 520w to give stable output of 450w but cheap ones tke more powef and still wont reach the max output.

in the end you end up paying more electricity bills evefy month negating the savings u did by getting cheap ones.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Good points.....

Also cheap quality PSU's use low grade components so their longevity is shorter and produces much heatthan good quality PSU :p

Top Bottom