Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
deisbond when i tried using the same Win xp installation from my own config it wouldnt boot ahead of the win logo tried with n without the 260 card but i used to get BSOD (i had changed to IDE IN THE Bios).... So i went for a fresh install hesitantly...... but now this browsing problem has turned up have already updated all the drivers from the gigabyte site but then also this problem is occuring........but on the other hand my studio 15 is working fine same win xp...... so the connection problem is ruled out..... any other thing it could be apart from driver conflict.....

and m complete noob in linux so i dont think will be trying that...

regards

*www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=3118&ost=xp#anchor_os

Download fresh drivers from here.

Have you tried to play any games or tried to use any other application for long time like Video playback or audio playback?

If it happens only while browsing, it could be a problem with LAN drivers or there could be an IRQ conflict.

nads

Broken In
*www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=3118&ost=xp#anchor_os

Download fresh drivers from here.

Have you tried to play any games or tried to use any other application for long time like Video playback or audio playback?

If it happens only while browsing, it could be a problem with LAN drivers or there could be an IRQ conflict.

i tried everything n i am tired now......nothing seems to be working to resolve the BSOD while browsing...... tried swapping new n old drivers but that also seems not to work, Even did complete format n reinstalled winxp twice but that also dosnt seem to help either :-( its still crashing... when i connect the lan cable the light /receiving light keeps on blinking continously (this phenomenon is with the latest lan driver from the gigabyte site) n when i load the old drivers it connects but at a slow speed n tthen gives ,e a BSOD for 1/2 a sec n then reboots......As u told desibond i tried playing GTR2 evolution for 21/2hrs n worked on 3ds max for another 1 hr nothing happened...... the system was stressed completely while i was playing at a high res so i guess the system is stable except the bloody LAN...... everything seems to be fine in the device manager toooo...... pls guys help me to resolve this issue....... what could it be..... i have a similar problem with my Samsung NC10 previously the LAN was working n browsing was smooth but lately the receiving light blinks just like in my new system....do lan wires have current fluctuations i dunno???? since my dell studio 15 is working fine n my old stem was tooo...... n by the way ddesibond i tried the lan diagnostic from the BIOS n realtek diagnostic utility tooo (from the supplied CD)n they show no hardware errors n they complete all the test sucessfully...... ur opinions r welcom......

regards
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Are you using the Win XP CD received with the studio 15?

no i m using a fresh win xp SP3 CD with which i have installed numerous time including Dell studio15 n samsung NC10 n not to mention many a times on my old mc toooo....... Dell studio ships with vista n i hate vista like anything.....yucks.....

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^Hmm. can you post a screenshot of BSOD. Take a pic using camera or note down error code and file it is pointing to.

MSR@THNIK

Broken In
Guys it seems AMD 785G mobos out
biostar A785GE RS 3240 TA785GE 128M RS 4156 (both ddr2)
ASUS M4A785TD-V EV0 (DDR3) RS 6888
@ lynx-india

Cilus

laborare est orare
This is for the LAPTOP:

If you want a really good gaming laptop on a tight budget, u can have a look in one of the oldest brands around who recently relaunched their laptop and Desptops with a new goal: super performance and tight budget.
I'm talking about Zenith, guys.
Their newly launched laptops are really high end and price is almost same as their counterparts with same config in US market.
At your budget you can go for a Zenith SO Director Plus Ultra. The price is 44k, but at online it is available at 33k. URL: *zenith-india.com/zenithso-directorplusultra-bb.aspx
Config:
C2D 6500 (2 Ghz, 800Mhz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache)
Intel® PM45 + ICH9-M Chipset Motherboard (1066MHz FSB)
2 GB DDR2 (Max supported 8 GB)
8X DVD Writer
320 GB SATA, 5400 rpm
Integrated 2.0 Mega Pixel Web Camera
Display - 15.4” WXGA+ Wide TFT display – WXGA (1280x 800)
Video Controller-NVidia GeForce 9600M GS Discrete Graphics Controller with 512 MB Dedicated Video RAM
86 Key, Keypad with Windows function keys
Integrated Wireless Card
Integrated Bluetooth
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit LAN
56K Modem V.90/92 support
PCI Express Card Slot / 54 Support
Memory Card Reader - Supports Memory Stick (MS), MS PRO, Multi Media Card (MMC), Secure Digital (SD) Cards
Audio System - Built-in High Definition Audio – 2 Channel; 2 Stereo Speakers; 2 Omni-Directional Digital Microphones
I/O Ports - CRT Port, 2 USB Port Version 2.0, RJ45 Connector For Ethernet,1 RJ 11 Connector For Modem,2 Audio Jack For Headphone–Out, Mic. In, 1 e-SATA/USB Combo Port; HDMI Port, Port replicator Port
Power Supply - 6 cell Li-Ion Battery Pack
Power Management - Full feature ACPI Power Management; stand-by, suspend to disk, suspend to RAM. ACPI 2.0 supported with Intel SpeedStep
Indicators - Power on/Suspend, Battery charging, Wireless LAN, HDD Access, , Caps Lock And Num Lock
Power - 90 W Adapter
Security - Kensington Lock Hole
Accessories - Power Cord, System Driver CD
Warranty - One Year Warranty on the Laptop

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Congrats :p

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 CPU Cooler ( Air ) Rs. 2450
CoolerMaster 120mm Blue Led Fan ( 2000RPM - 90CFM ) Rs. 520

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^dude. just give a call to HP customer care or call your local dealer.

you can also check here:

1) lynx-india.com
2) theitwares.com

official

In the zone
Can anyone tell me the price of gtx 260 and 280???
PSU required to run them along with prices.
Any ati cards with better performance.
Any suggestion are welcome.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Sapphire Radeon 4890 for Rs. 13069/

Make sure that you have atleast 500 W or more powerful PSU for these monsters..

nads

Broken In
Galaxy GTX260+------10600/-
VIP 600W---------2900/-

I got these components 4-5 days back so the prices r quite recent.....

Regards

nads

Broken In
hiya desibond

the fault was zeroed in to the ethernet socket on my wall which had one of its pin bent n it hence it was causing the crashes..... thats all i could conjure up until now cause my ISP fellow connected my comp direclty to the my NC10 (which was also not connecting) started working properly..... so i guess this is the problem..... now the guy has promised me to replace the female RJ45 socket on my wall today n will update u guys hows it going..... in all probability it should be working well but u never know.... as for the setup i went for a new cabinet cause my old cabbie was feeling very cramped n for reasons unknown (mebbe cause it was 2 1/2yrs old) the LCD display which used to show my cabbies temp went off n could start again..... n since the GTX 260 card was damn hot when the case was open...... so i didnt wanted to take any chance n i went for a zebronics Reaper (sorry desibond but couldnt go with ur recs cause was low on cash splurged everything on the cpu+mobo+graphics Card) well i will be posting some pics of my cabinet as u wanted to see the insides.... :cool:

one more thing... what should be the ideal case temp......... cause my old case was much cooler than my new case dunno if its the diff between MSI 8600GT or the 260GTX...... but the card is like a flaming torch..... to tell u honestly i have never gone for such a costly card (my old cards comprise of SiS 6326 8MB,Riva TNT2 32MB,GeForce 6600GT 128MBDDR,XFX 8500GT 256MB , MSI 8600GT 512DDR2 n now GTX260) or powerful card yet i mean i always purchased cards in the range of 6-8K n i was never a high res gaming freak what mattered was the FPS for me..... so the GTX260 is quite a huge leap for me n the performance which i m getting is just insane.....

i mean ofcourse its not a GTX295 (cant imagine tht card) but i still cant get my card on the knees with the games which i m playing right now i used to game with the 8600GT on res of 1024 not more than that n with this card (i have a 19" viewsonic) i can play on the native res of my comp flawlessly...... n the CPU is damn Gud.... i thought AMDs r snails compared to intels but m proven wrong......no need for me to overclock as on date it has enough juice plus more for me at the moment but have read that it can be stable at 3.8Ghz with stock cooling.... n the prospect of unlocking the other 2 cores just makes me rub my hands in glee....;-)

Thx desibond for ur recomendations appreciate a lot......will post the picks of my cpu ASAP

regards

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
great that the problem is going to rectified but strange that it occured due to faulty socket :)

I do like Zebronics reaper is good VFM cabinet. Also, does is there an option to install side fans. coz one side fan can bring the temperatures down.

nads

Broken In
so thats all i guess...... desibond u didnt tell me how much temp is ideal temp for the cabinet in my old system i had 2 fans on the side 80mm i guess n they were high rpm fans with that switched on i used to get a cabbie temp of around 3-4C more than the ambient temperature (eg: ambient temp is 30C then cabbie temp would be 33-34C) but now my cabbies temp is around 40C with all the 3 fans working in the reaper i dont understand y..... but u should know this the reaper has 2 fans on the side panel one is 120mm n the other is 80mm n both r slow rpm fans plus the 120mm fan pushes air in the cabinet n the 80mm pulls out air from the cabinet...... then there is another fan i thinks its 92mm which pulls the from the cabinet n throws it out from the top..... then also the temps r so high...... one more thing which i noted was the 80mm on the side is quite effective while playing games because it actually throws hot air out (80 mm fan directly on top of the GTX260 n the 120mm fan just alil lower than the CPU) so its quite effective.... but i still want to reduce the temps in my cabbie......

CPU temps inrange of 40to max 50C upon load
GPU temp in range of 47 to max 63C upon load

CPU is ok but GPU is a concern for me..... kindly help..... n cant do anything about the cables cause there is no space in the cabbie for anything else....

opinions r welcome

Top Bottom