Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

Soul-Stealer

Right off the assembly line
ty for the config dude :D but actually where can i get this parts for this prices? cuz at my CIty its fcking costly~ is online buying safe?!

Soul-Stealer

thnx dude i have decided on a config ^_^ well this is it~

processor - AMD Phenom II 720 X3 BE
mobo - Asus AMD785G M4A785TD-V Evo
Ram - 2x2gb crosair
Antec EA650
Graphic - Sapphire HD4890
and a Cabinet which can be kept for later money :p

thnx guyz you been a great help ^_^

Krow

Crowman
Thanks guys . Though Phenom II X3 720 sounds tempting as well . Thanks a lot anyway .
Anytime man!

thnx dude i have decided on a config ^_^ well this is it~
processor - AMD Phenom II 720 X3 BE
mobo - Asus AMD785G M4A785TD-V Evo
Ram - 2x2gb crosair
Antec EA650
Graphic - Sapphire HD4890
and a Cabinet which can be kept for later money :p
thnx guyz you been a great help ^_^
Anytime man for you too! Great choice I must say!

Guyz someone price check fro
Phenom II X 3 2.6 GHz 710
Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H
Thanks a lot!
785 prices I can't find. The chipset is relatively new and is only mentioned on one website, that too the asus variant without the price.

www.lynx-india.com
www.itwares.com
www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise

Contact various people here to find the price. That would be your best bet. The AMD Phenom II X3 720BE is @ 7.3k. IMO that should make the 710 somewhere around 6.8k although I am ony speculating... :)

royunprofiled

Dual channel with different capacity.

Okay guys , I am taking your advice and am most probably going for a laptop .
And I am specially tempted since Dell has introduced a Studio 14 model making it lighter though more costlier .
Okay , now here something strange .
:?::?::?::?:Dell offers its Inspirion 14 model with dual channel R.A.M. in 1x1G.B. + 1x2G.B.
Now guys , what I remember was dual channel memory required two identical chips at least in capacity if not in speed . What do you think is Dell trying to do ?
:?::?:And by any means , do you guys happen to know how much of a performance decrease is expected from ATI 4530 as compared to ATI 4570 or is it that numbers are only indicative and not a measure of performance as with Intel ? Because that is the only graphics card Dell offers with Studio 14 .
:?::?:One more , is Core 2 Duo a true 64 bit processor or one "can" run 64 bit instructions in a compatibility mode ? Because one drawback of 64 bit as compared to 32 bit is that in 64 bit , everything is double the size as compared to 32 bit and if that larger address range remain unutilised what it effectively does is reduce my memory to half the size of what it could have been in 32 bit , including the cache , and as a result performance takes a hit . So is it a better a better option to go for 32 bit Windows instead of 64 bit ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
core2duo is x86-64 processor (like all the current PC processors). They are x86 processors (32-bit) with extended paths and registers to allow for 64-bit instructions.
In short, they are true 32-bit and true 64-bit processors.

Concentrate on Processor and GPU. Get the max power that you can get from these two as these are the two (and display) that you cannot change and for everything else, you have upgrade option.

what do you mean by everything is double the size? I would say, 64-bit paths are double in width which means that they allow more data to pass for processing when compared to 32-bit. This also means that instructions are executed faster and it results in data in RAM staying for lesser time, resulting in better RAM utilization.

It doesn't matter if you have 32-bit or 64-bit OS. Not many apps take advantage of 64- bit. And only minute apps are incompatible with 64-bit OS.

Also, max ram you can use in 32-bit OS is 3.5GHz (limitation with 32-bit arcihtecture) and so if you plan to use 4Gb RAM and if entire RAM is going to be utilized (which is unlikely), go for 64-bit.

nads

Broken In
Need a new config n prices for......

hiiii everyone this is a gr8 thread......i have decided to upgrade my comp..... now i need help from u guys my current system config is as follows.....

IntelC2D E4300 1.8GHz 800FSB
Intel DG965RY mobo
4GB 2X2 kingston 800Mhz
MSI 8600GT 512MB
250GB Seagate HDD
Zebronics powersupply 450W
Viewsonic 1903WM

Now i m satisfied with my system completeley, but i m a flight simulator freak n FSX runs pretty slow at default setting (though i have not migrated from FS9 completely) now i m on a budget n i m unsure what should i upgrade to get a performance boost. Should i go for a graphic card or CPU/MOBO upgarde my budget is 15000/- n i just wanna change these 2 things only. I have visited lot of forums n everybody has a different story to enhance FSx some say upping ur CPU speed will give u gud boost some say it the graphics power. So i dunno what to do n i need ur help to guide me in the right direction. I dont want to go for a major upgrade (the reason for 15000K) cause i am looking forward to change to Intel Core i platform in 1-1 1/2 yrs.....
i have no probs with AMD processors also sooo feel free but comparisions with AMD n Intel have shown intel r better than AMD but if u guys show me the light at the other end of the tunnel then i m all for it.......

N yeah i have zeroed in this config but m still skeptical pls let me know will this be ok or i need something more.....
intel E7500 2.93Ghz 1066FSB-------5975
Gigabyte G31 Motherboard---------2500
Palit GTS250---------7300
total-----15775/-
these r the rates i have got from lamington road so guys kindly guide me in the right direction.............. n yeah if anybody has a second hand E6700 i would be interested to buy if the price is right....... (then i wont have to change my MOBO since thats the highest processor it supports)

Thks in advanve guys this thread is awesome keep up the gud work!!!!!! :razz:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Instead, how about this??

AMD Athlon II X2 240: 3.5k
Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H: 4.2k
Palit GTX260 Sonic Edition with dual fan cooler (factory overclocked): 10.5k

it's about 2.5k-3k costlier but will offer lot more bang.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
oh, btw. Forgot to mention. you have to change your SMPS too. that zebronics won't be able to drive GTS250 or GTX260. you need better one and my suggestion would be Corsair VX450W or Glacialpower GP-AL650AA. Both are avilable for 4k-4.5k price. selling off your current procccy/mobo/gpu should get you enough funds for that.

Last edited:

nads

Broken In
thx a lot for ur recomendation but i checked it out again the processor which u have mentioned is not as powerful as E7500........ n if i m not wrong the newer phenom X2 r much better than the athlon X2 i dont know if i m right (never used AMD except a turion X2 on my hp laptop)

I dont wanna spend that much dough on the MOBO i just want the mobo to have 45nm quad support n it should be overclock friendly n stable i dont need much features in the mobo cause i just use the USB n the LAN ports.... i would like to hear ur comments pls

n regarding with palit GTX260 OC i have agreed on that afetr ur suggestion......its a gud VFM card i just wanted to know is any type of different connector is required to power the card or the PCIe slot powers the card..........

regards

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I think both GTS250 and GTX260 need on six pin power connector.

Reason why I picked Athlon II is because the mobo that I added is Gigabyte ultra durable which means that it can provide stability in overclocking and also has better power management and also to put the total price lower.

As you can see here "*www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/aii_250/7.html", Athlon II X2 250 reaches Phenom II X2 550 and E8400 with a bit of overclocking and X2 240 is nothing but downclocked X2 250.

Only thing is that X2 240 is not a Black Edition and so you have to rely on HT and RAM overclocking, and for this purpose UltraDurable boards offer the needed stability.

If you can extend your budget, Ahtlon X2 250 (4.5k approx) or Phenom II X2 550 (5.5k approx) will be good addition as they overclock well on air and reaches 3.6-3.8GHz.

nads

Broken In
thks desibond for ur suggestion but now i have a new probs (sorry) i could adjust my budget a bit so now should i go for the new phenom X2 550 or go for the athlonX2 240 which will be a VFM for me.........

huh how does a six pin connector look like sorry but i have never used a graphics card with an external connector all were powered by the PCIe slot so i want to know if my power suplly has it or no...... (is it the same one which acts as the power supply cable in the old ATA drives)

regards

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
connectors:

*www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html

6-pin PCIe connector and molex-PCIe power converter:

*www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html#pciexpress

If you can stretch a bit, you better go for Phenom II X2 550.

nads

Broken In
thx desibond then i will go for the phenom x2 550 with the gigabyte motherboard....
n one more prob desibond inquired at lamington road n they say they dont have the PALIT 260 sonic edition they have galaxy 260+ (which is overclocked a bit more than pali n cost 400bucks more) n zotac 260......... which one do u suggest i should go with i have no experience with galaxy.... how is that brand is it gud never heard also of them.....

ur opinion is welcome

regards

NB does this mobo support nvidia cuda couldnt find any info on the gigabyte site

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
nvidia cuda comes with the GPU and not with the mobo afaik.

afaik, galaxy is a good brand and zotac too is good but am not sure how the support is for zotac.

The max price to pay for GTX260 should be 11k as HD4890 is now availble for 12.5k and it is lot better card.

Galaxy GTX260+ is a highly recommended card. It comes with Artic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo (dual fan cooler) and it performs much better than reference design given by nvidia.
Posted again:
also, remember that GTX260+ also has another design that comes with a single cooler. Go for the one that has dual cooler design.
Posted again:
nvidia CUDA Limitations and Requirements

Source: *www.manifold.net/doc/nvidia_cuda.htm

There are several important constraints on CUDA use within Manifold:

· We must have a CUDA-enabled NVIDIA card installed in our system. 9800 series NVIDIA cards at the present writing are the best-known CUDA-enabled cards, but other NVIDIA GPUs are also CUDA-capable (check with the NVIDIA web site and with your graphics card vendor's web site to see if a particular card is CUDA-capable). Hardware evolves so rapidly under the pressure of gaming industry economy-of-scale that almost before this documentation can be published there will be even faster CUDA-capable cards.

· The rest of our PC system must have sufficient speed and power to support the NVIDIA card. For example, memory must be fast enough to handle CUDA bandwidth and power supplies must provide enough power to run the NVIDIA card (or cards) with extra PCI-E power cables. Consult any technology-obsessed, 14 year old gamer for advice on configuring a suitably "hot" system.

· We must have installed NVIDIA's most recent set of drivers for Windows, which may be downloaded from the nvidia.com web site. NVIDIA's latest drivers automatically install software required for CUDA use by CUDA-capable NVIDIA-based cards.

· If we are running a 64-bit Windows system we must have installed NVIDIA's 64-bit, CUDA-enabled drivers for our 64-bit Windows system.

· Writing massively parallel algorithms to implement spatial functions is extremely difficult, even for manifold.net. Therefore, at the present time only a few dozen functions have been implemented within Manifold that can leverage CUDA. Many more are on the way.

· Existing CUDA-enabled functions within Manifold are Surface - Transform dialog operators for surfaces. The Surface - Transform dialog is part of the optional Surface Tools extension for Manifold (and also a built-in part of some Manifold System editions such as Universal Edition and Ultimate Edition). If we do not have the Surface Tools extension we will not have the ability to use this dialog and hence no ability to leverage CUDA. New updates and future Manifold releases will likely add many more usages of CUDA in addition to the Surface - Transform dialog operators.

· Functions executed within CUDA cards are virtually instantaneous compared to speed of execution within the main processor. However, the NVIDIA stream processors execute tasks so rapidly that it is difficult to provide data fast enough from disk and memory to keep the processors occupied. The resulting performance in most "real life" applications therefore tends to be limited not by processor speed but rather by the speed with which data can be fetched from hard disk or other memory. In addition, a good portion of various tasks are not bound by computation but instead involve overhead tasks such as writing out results to disk, re-computing levels and other necessary but mundane tasks that are not accelerated by CUDA processors. The net result is that as a practical matter for many tasks CUDA-enabled processors will visibly increase speeds, almost always by a factor of two to ten and at times by a factor of ten to fifty, but not usually by factors of hundreds for the overall task even if the actual computation of parts of the task goes hundreds of times faster.

· We can get the most out of CUDA if the rest of our machine does not slow down the ability to feed the insatiable power of NVIDIA stream processors. For maximum speed we should use 64-bit Windows on at least a quad core machine with lots of RAM and large, fast disk drives. Before configuring a new 64-bit system, check the NVIDIA web site to make sure that 64-bit drivers are available for the Windows operating system you plan to install. At the present writing, Windows XP x64 has been used for development of x64 support by manifold.net.

Last edited:

nads

Broken In
desibond now u r upping my budget......:-x

is 4890 price 12.5k only??????

i didnt ask cause i thought it will be costly as hell since its new n top of the line for ATI but i guess i wont go for it because i dont have that much dough :sad:

regarding the galaxy gtx260+ it is with one fan in the middle its not the reference design one but better than that came across dual fan which u mention but i dont think ppl have it here its also not mentioned on their site anything about it......

desibond can u tell me what r the prices for 24" lcd

i dunno which one to buy n how much do they cost....it should be normal spec nothing high it should have a 5ms response time with 1080P n if more the merrier....:|

regards

Thx for ur opinion desibond helped me make the right decision.... never mind the angry face

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
what I meant is that buying GTX260 for anything higher than 11k is not worth. Look for this card that is available inside 11k. If not, go for HD4870 for 9.5k-10k or GTS250 for 7.5k
what is the quote for galaxy GTX260+?

in case of zotac or any other brand, make sure that the card comes with 216 stream processors (look at specs written on back of the card's container) a.k.a 216SP

I think 24" displays are around 14k in price. Emmarbee is the right person to check with for LCD displays.

Last edited:

nads

Broken In
i got a qoute for 10900\- for the galaxy 260+ that is with the single fan config...... Do u think its costly i dont mind going for 4870 but i have heard it runs hot....... n the driver support is quite buggy..... when compared to nvidia.....

if u think i should invest in 4870 which brand should i go for..... could u give me some suggestions...... i need this system to be rock solid for atleast 2 years.....

and one more thing desibond will there be a price fall in future i can wait if prices r gonna fall by upto 3-4months............

regards

Top Bottom