Last.Fm - Free the music!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
As of today, you can play full-length tracks and entire albums for free on the Last.fm website.

Something we’ve wanted for years—for people who visit Last.fm to be able to play any track for free—is now possible. With the support of the folks behind EMI, Sony BMG, Universal and Warner—and the artists they work with—plus thousands of independent artists and labels, we’ve made the biggest legal collection of music available to play online for free, the way we believe it should be.

Full-length tracks are now available in the US, UK, and Germany, and we’re hard at work broadening our coverage into other countries. During this initial public beta period, each track can be played up to 3 times for free before a notice appears telling you about our upcoming subscription service. The soon-to-be announced subscription service will give you unlimited plays and some other useful things. We’re also working on bringing full-length tracks to the desktop client and beyond.

*cdn.last.fm/blog/posts/freethemusic.jpg​

Free full-length tracks are obviously great news for listeners, but also great for artists and labels, who get paid every time someone streams a song. Music on Last.fm is perpetually monetized. This is good because artists get paid based on how popular a song is with their fans, instead of a fixed amount.
READ MORE

Very nice :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yep, the world's largest jukebox alright!

Now the next thing to do is integrate the last.fm streaming software to the now-rising All-Online OSes.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Grreat . Now it'd as easy as clicking a link for listening someone's recommended song rather than searching for the song , downloading it n then listening (and that too illegally )

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ Its streaming.... Quality is 64 kBps I guess... (from listening experience.)

I love Last.fm.(Thanks Qwerty for introducing me to it in may 2007.)

Its a great way to know what ur friends are listening to.

x3060

A LOTR fan
you can download or rip anything that you can here . . by the way , do we have trance in it ?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
i still see that many tracks r only 30sec preview??? :sad:
Yeah commercial ones are all that way, unless they decided to release some for free or people's mixes made for them are put there. What is free there for India is the load of Indie and other small time bands who are actually good and not commercial crap. Full streaming of commercial tracks isn't available for Indian users yet.

T159 - Those are minor er, exclusions, *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom