Laptop under 42K, help needed :)

parashar91

Broken In
My budget is between 30,000 - 40,000 and can be stretched to 42,000 MAX
Im looking for a laptop with a powerful GPU that can play most games at med-high settings.

Ive spent weeks browsing these forums and the internet in general.
I was initially attracted to the HP Pavilion G6 2005 AX because of the AMD Radeon HD 7670M which surpasses the GT 630M, and the crossfire option.
However what leaves me perturbed is the unreliability of HP in general, and an experienced techie I know claims they have the WORST screens.

On the other hand the ASUS K53SD with GT 630M seems like a viable alternative.

So, out of the two, which one should I go for keeping the budget in mind. It should last 4 years as I plan to buy a super rig with my first paycheck. :-D

Ramu56

Journeyman
I am in a similar situation two weeks back.And i chose to go for Asus K53SM-SX010D and i am not regretting it in any prospective.I can play Battelfield 3 in medium setting very smoothly.So,go for it.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Check this out. The Dell Online Store: Build Your System
and i have read in TDF that asus doesn't have very good screen compare to dell. And whatever you choose go for i5/i3 3rd gen processor.

OP
P

parashar91

Broken In
Ramu, is the 5k price difference worth it? Wouldnt an AMD APU GPU with HD 7670M provide a better gaming experience than a GT 630M with i5?

Swapnil, thanks for the suggestion. The dell has a HD 7670M like the HP g6 2005 ax, but its 10k more.

What I mean to ask is, cant i purchase a laptop with a GPU better than a GT 630M or a 7670M for 40,000?

OP
P

parashar91

Broken In
See, a techie told me that the 2005ax is a consumer model from HP, and he suggested that I should go for a Corporate model like the Hp Probook. But that would not suit my gaming needs, so no chance. He said that the consumer models arent made with proper parts and since i will be gaming, the 2005ax might get messed up real fast, and that scares me because I've read the reviews and most of the users have heating problems.

Laptop heating up is an inevitability if one has to play games, but would the ASUS' heatsink help the heat dissipate in a better way? I need this to last atleast 4 years. And the point is that would an i5+630m offer a better experience than the dual graphics of the 2005ax?

Ive been reading, and it seems asymmetrical crossfire isnt as good as it sounds. Wouldn't the lower end Radeon 7640G act as a bottleneck for the higher end 7670M if I use crossfire?

I have less than 16 hours to decide, so please, make my life a little easier :p

Thank you.

Top Bottom