Laptop Switches off while loading windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibinjohn

Journeyman
hi... i have a Toshiba M500 (should not have bought it two years ago) laptop. My laptop is installed with Win7 ultimate. For the last four i am experiencing some problems with the lap. whenever i switches on the laptop it boots and the windows splash screen appears. At that time the laptop switches off automatically. When i restart the lap Windows Startup recovery tool will appear and tries to repair it. Some times will repair own its own or will do the system restore. But even if it does the repair, after the reboot when the splash screen appear it switches off automatically. If i didnt select the Windows startup launch recovery tool and select Start windows normally, it loads windows again the Splash screen appears and lap switches of automatically. i dont knw what to do...
please help me...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You most probably are infected with a virus and definitely, your laptop seems to have dust in it which causes overheating. Also try running this
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
It happened with me too. (Though I have a desktop). Check if you are able to boot into safe mode?

I booted to safe mode, and disabled all services/programs to autostart.

utkarsh73

Journeyman
And the Windows is pirated,aint it?

Thats a good question..........;-)
same happened with me with my new 3 days old laptop. The laptop turns off on the "Starting Windows" screen while I boot on battery and worked perfectly when laptop was plugged in. I gave to the service centre and they found the problem with the battery and replaced my whole laptop.

OP
B

bibinjohn

Journeyman
thanks for the suggestions

Yes. it is pirated. i got the OEM version of Vista Basic. i thought of keeping it even when i got the win7 ultimate from a friend of mine. But due to freezing and many other problems associated with vista, i was forced to install win7.

whether the privacy has nything to do with the problem. the thing is activate and all..

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
thanks for the suggestions

Yes. it is pirated. i got the OEM version of Vista Basic. i thought of keeping it even when i got the win7 ultimate from a friend of mine. But due to freezing and many other problems associated with vista, i was forced to install win7.

whether the privacy has nything to do with the problem. the thing is activate and all..

Possible, but not likely. Looks like corrupt installation. Try reinstalling. Or installing some linux version like Ubuntu and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom