Laptop suddenly turning off in 2-3 mins

mitraark

Decrepit
My Dell laptop is giving this weird problem. After turning it On, it suddenly turns off after 5-10 minutes use. After this, when I turn it on again, it turns off in less than 2-3 minutes,barely reaching the home screen.

I turned it On today after 1 week, and it ran for 30+ minutes. But then it turned off suddenly again, and the same problem has been occurring.

I tried to format the laptop and reinstall Windows, but the laptop turned off right after I deleted all drives and was going to create a new one (it wasn't in the middle of any process thankfully)

I'll be going to the Dell service center, but Im out of station currently, is anyone familiar with the problem? I might really be required to use a laptop in the next week.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
My Dell laptop is giving this weird problem. After turning it On, it suddenly turns off after 5-10 minutes use. After this, when I turn it on again, it turns off in less than 2-3 minutes,barely reaching the home screen.

I turned it On today after 1 week, and it ran for 30+ minutes. But then it turned off suddenly again, and the same problem has been occurring.

I tried to format the laptop and reinstall Windows, but the laptop turned off right after I deleted all drives and was going to create a new one (it wasn't in the middle of any process thankfully)

I'll be going to the Dell service center, but Im out of station currently, is anyone familiar with the problem? I might really be required to use a laptop in the next week.

download speccy and check temps

sandeepsingh

Broken In
totally agree @aniket.cain.
some loose wire or screw might be obstructing the fan flow and hence your lappy is shutting off automatically to protect itself.

If a laptop shuts itself down, it could point to a heating problem. If the CPU fan is blocked by dust or just not working properly, the laptop shuts itself immediately down to prevent permanent damage. Just make sure the air support on the downside of your laptop is neither blocked nor covered with dust. If so, just clean it.

Top Bottom