Laptop Query Format: Suggestions on how to post Thread Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashnburn

Broken In
Laptop Query Format: Suggestions on how to post Thread Title

I believe you have some format for people to post about which Laptop they should buy.

I can help on most threads having using 10+ laptop brands, sizes etc over years.

But, so many threads and the thread name/ subject gives no indication / QUICKINFO whatsoever.

Maybe you can figure out some way to have a standardized Naming for this? in Addition to details posted.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Well you can not explain your details just by thread title. If you can convey your thoughts through an example. Plus I have also created a thread posting guideline, but people hardly follow that. [IMP] Read before posting.

gameranand

Living to Play
The most bizzare ones are like "Laptop needed", "Help me buy a laptop". WTF is that if you are in laptop section. Thread title should give info about budget and main emphasis of laptop like "all aroun", "gaming", "multimedia", "business", "office work".

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
People do mention budget in 95% cases; purpose, I agree. Problem is as people lack civic sense in normal life, similarly they lack "net sense" or netiquette on the web. I just cannot edit each and every thread title. If its too misleading/very less info, I just lock it down with the appropriate reason.

Anyways, I don't think its a big issue till budget is mentioned there; if proper info is given in the OP, then its OK.

OP
C

crashnburn

Broken In
The most bizzare ones are like "Laptop needed", "Help me buy a laptop". WTF is that if you are in laptop section. Thread title should give info about budget and main emphasis of laptop like "all aroun", "gaming", "multimedia", "business", "office work".

Well you can not explain your details just by thread title. If you can convey your thoughts through an example. Plus I have also created a thread posting guideline, but people hardly follow that. [IMP] Read before posting.

I know you cant post everything. More important than budget (because I buy from US) and dont/ cant keep track of prices is to help people get the right SIZED machine.

So, maybe Screen Sizes 10" 12" 13" 14" e.g. 13-14" e.g. 15.6-17"
e.g. 3 lb or 5 lb

Full Example:
13-14" Light Ultrabook for Traveling Business Professional using mostly office apps

e.g.

15-17" High Resolution for Architect having Desktop Monitor mostly using AutoCAD, 3D Studio etc.

e.g.
17" NVIDIA/ AMD Gamer Machine for Teenager/ College mostly playing XYZ Game etc and ABC budget

If/ when the threads are better titled, I could be ENCOURAGED to open the ones where I can help.

Looking at the thread titles now, I just dont feel like opening 30 of these randomly titled threads to EVEN BOTHER TO HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom