Laptop in US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
hii
BUDGET-850$ MAX
well one of my frnd wanna a laptop..she is studyin in US so shez gonna buy der itself and she dont hav much idea infact she kno nothin bout the latest confi etc so asked me to suggest,so here i m as i kno there r far better and minded people here in this forum then me so wud like u people tellin me wat to buy,her budget is arnd 850$ MAX...hav gone through so many websites and deals and liked few and they r as follows:-

1-:Dell Inspiron 6400 Intel Pentium® dual-core proc T20560,1.60GHz, 15.4" WXGA, 1GB RAM, 160GB, 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer write capability, 802.11b/g, 256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory™, 1yr Warranty » for $719 at Dell.com

2-:Lenovo~ Intel Core Duo processor T2060 (1.60GHz, 1MBL2, 533MHzFSB) with Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium 15.4 inches WXGA VibrantView TFT (1280x800) (Premium Silver) Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 1GB PC2-5300DDR2 SDRAM base memory 80GB, 5400rpm Serial ATA Hard Drive 8X Max DVD Recordable (Dual Layer) EIDE Fixed Media Bay drive Bluetooth, Lenovo 11b/g Wi-Fi wireless Weight 5.78lbs 6 Cell Lithium-Ion Battery 1 Yr Warranty AROUND 850$

3-:HP Pavilion dv6226us, Dual Core T2060, 15.4" WXGA, 1GB RAM, 120GB RAM, Super Multi 8X DVDñR/RW with Double Layer Support ,5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader, 802.11b/g, Windows Vista Home Premium » for $699.98 at CircuitCity.com

she shud go for any of these or there is a betta laptop?plz suggest asap ill b vry thankfull...and yaa howz toshiba?is it as equivalent to hp or better?even lenovo how gud it is?i kno dell is gud so thought she shud stick wid dell...but then thought i shud better ask u guyz.

thanks in advance
all suggestions r welcome
plz suggest as soon as possible

Last edited:

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
Well try to get the price of Dell Inspiron 6400 with the following config. Else either go for the Dell Inspiron 6400config you have or Dell XPS M1210. XPS is smaller in size and more powerful than Inspiron series. Take a look at Inspiron 9400 also.

And in case of Laptop from my personal experience I'd suggest you stick with Dell, HP and Compaq only. Toshiba is not good.

digiFriend

In the zone
say no to "dual core" processor, atleast "core duo" (will support 32 bit only), better "core 2 duo" (will support 32 bits as well as future ready 64 bits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom