Laptop for MBA student - 13" Screen - 23/25K - not more than 1.7Kg

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
  • What's your Budget -> 23-25K
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? MS Office work, HD Videos, Web Surfing
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? Screen at-least 13" - weight max 1.7kg
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? No to Acer, Lenovo and others who have bad-worse A$$
  • Any other considerations? Main concern is of weight - the lighter the better (I already have HP DV6 3057TX but it weighs ~2.5Kg), HDMI port should be present, good battery backup ~3 Hrs, No Optical drive will do and no netbooks please

I m open to buy used ones from TE market but with warranty. This laptop will be used only for my MBA related work and some times watching HD videos. No gaming on this one. I m also thinking to replace stock HDD with a 90GB or 120GB SSD on this one. Budget is separate for it. Longer Battery life would be an added bonus. One without optical drive will also do. Also strict no to netbooks.

I can wait max for a month for this one if required.

rider

as Kratos
Why not a tablet? Your requirements can be full fill in a tab and will be fit in your 25k budget.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
at 23-25k you'll get mainly oversized netbooks. 13" with proper H/W will cost ~35k

this is the only laptop available at that pricepoint with featureset you want but is badly underpowered. won't recommend going for this at such high pricepoint.

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman
at 23-25k you'll get mainly oversized netbooks. 13" with proper H/W will cost ~35k

this is the only laptop available at that pricepoint with featureset you want but is badly underpowered. won't recommend going for this at such high pricepoint.

The above CPU of the Laptop sux ................... please avoid this laptop

OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!

I need atleast 13", 14" - 15" will do.

Can i get this cheaper anywhere ?

Also what minimum you guys suggest ?

Light weight in main concern, else my current laptop is strong.

rider

as Kratos
Better to buy a samsung laptop, it has great battery life upto 6 hours. Samsung NP300E5Z-A07IN

OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Better to buy a samsung laptop, it has great battery life upto 6 hours. Samsung NP300E5Z-A07IN

Its 2.3Kg. Sorry but i cant.

Any idea if i can get a used used Dell Adamo @30K? How about this ? (After applying 10% off coupon)
I assume they will be reasonably fast as they have SSD.

What minimum processor i should get ? Intel Dual Core B9xx?

Last edited:
OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!

Which one for ~35K ?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I actually dunn believe on user comments on FP.

BTW I could not find it anywhere else on net.

Good that you don't. But there are some "sensible" comments. Anyways I suggest you to get the probook as your last option. Or wait for the iteration of U32 series with Brazos 2.0 (call Asus CC and inquire about it).

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Or wait for the iteration of U32 series with Brazos 2.0 (call Asus CC and inquire about it).

Brazos 2.0 = Brazos + 50Mhz. seriously nonsense on part of AMD. 50Mhz increase & turbo that too increases the clock by 100Mhz. TDP didn't went down, clocks didn't went up, turbo is a gimmick. Only thing that Brazos 2.0 "may" attract customer is USB 3.0 & a bit of pricecut.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Brazos 2.0 = Brazos + 50Mhz. seriously nonsense on part of AMD. 50Mhz increase & turbo that too increases the clock by 100Mhz. TDP didn't went down, clocks didn't went up, turbo is a gimmick. Only thing that Brazos 2.0 "may" attract customer is USB 3.0 & a bit of pricecut.

hmm didn't knew about it. Thanks for the info.

OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
I count HP ProBook if I m not getting anything weighing lesser. Anybody have by chance any experience with Inspiron z series ? Last year or couple of years back Dell had Inspiron 1Xz series advertised a lot.

I m also much tempted at MacBook Air 13" 2010 model. Can shoot my budget to 35K if I could find a used one.

I also found Vostro V130, Sony Vaio VPCSB16FG, HP Envy4 sleekbook to fit in requirement but may or may not in budget.

search of Light weight system have become a PITA.

Top Bottom