Laptop for 60k but very skewed options!(and dramatic too)

adimax

Broken In
Hi all
I want to buy laptop for 60k in Delhi. I'm in college and the problem is that it is a very dusty place.I have seen Alienware m17x,Sony(some E series and C series) and Acer laptops heat up(Avg temp 110,92,120 resp. in Celsius).

The horrible lot is yet to come
1.HP dv6...something...i7 one..peak upto 140,and last week it lit up!
2.Toshiba Satellite..i3 one...has recurrent issues(GPU fail,RAM fail,MB etc etc)
3.One XPS 17 lappy..i guess its gpu charred.(GT 540m maybe)

Note: All lappies were i7/i5/i3.The horrible lot were 1rst gen ones.

The stable ones were
1.MBP @ 76 cels
2.{mine} Studio 1737 @ C2D @ 40 cels

Ques1. Are Intel good enough?(worth ivy bridge wait?)
Ques2. I need a new lappy.Now suggest one(lasting for 3 years and yes i game,and do autocads too)
Ques3. Im considering MSI lappies(or Asus).Are they reliable?(in terms of build quality compared to above list)

Note:1.All the cases above had their lappies serviced 2-3 times a year.
2.I know how to service lappies.(I even re-did thermal pasting on my Studio)

HELP ME! Need the best of your knowledge (and no bias!)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
SB (sandy bridges) are too good in terms of stock cooling as compared to first gen. They are straight away 10-15° cooler than first gen. I have personally compared this.

To be very frank, I have come across more heating issues in XPS than in Vaio.

Ques1. Are Intel good enough?(worth ivy bridge wait?)

Intel are of course good!
As far as IB is concerned, depends on your purpose.

What you get in IB:
  • HD4000, most significant thing in IB. Leaves all mediocre dGPUs in dust.
  • A bit of TDP saving !?!
  • Marginally better battery life

Ques2. I need a new lappy.Now suggest one(lasting for 3 years and yes i game,and do autocads too)

Wait for IB iteration. Look towards CB45 revision, plus XPS (if Dell reintroduces 1080p along with rumored 640M). Don't miss 1080p.

Ques3. Im considering MSI lappies(or Asus).Are they reliable?(in terms of build quality compared to above list)

Both are good.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
"Avg temp 110,92,120 resp. in Celsius" :OO how are you still walking around without turning into an omlette?

And yes wait for IB revisions of laptops and see where things stand.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Current gen Vaio's have way less heating problems compared to XPS.dv6 series of sandybridge era did heat up,but never more than 90'C.But it was justified considering the sheer power of its GPU.
If lesser heat buildup is your priority,get Vaio with ivy bridge straight away.Look at cb45 revision with FHD.
But my suggestion considering all your requirements will be Asus/MSI.Get an ivy bridge as getting an older gen processor is not wise.Also their gaming potential is fAr better than the Vaio/XPS/dv6 trio.Quality wise,they are good.

OP
A

adimax

Broken In
"Avg temp 110,92,120 resp. in Celsius" :OO how are you still walking around without turning into an omlette?

Man,its my friends lappy, rest assured Delhi temps are making me an omlette(Read 51 cels).

Also I'm more hinged to MSI brand.Is it available in Delhi?,precisely 60K what do you get?

sarthak

In the zone
Man,its my friends lappy, rest assured Delhi temps are making me an omlette(Read 51 cels).

Also I'm more hinged to MSI brand.Is it available in Delhi?,precisely 60K what do you get?

MSI GE620dx used to come for 55k, but I think its discontinued now. Wait for IB laptops.

aroraanant

Explorer
I suggest you to have a look at Sony CB45 for 51k.
If you want something with a better config. then please tell.

OP
A

adimax

Broken In
CB45 sucks IMO(well the looks are girlish!).
I want the best rig possible in 60k,and please mention dealers too.
Also how is hp 7010tx?

Top Bottom