aroraanant

Explorer
my friend bought dell lappy a few days ago from online service, inspiron 15r. they themself call him in 7 days and do a full system check up through remote computing. dunno but till now hez very very happy with his laptop.*hez the one i want to shut up :D*
Well in starting everything seems to be nice.
It has been almost 4yr experience, I know dell very well ;)

off topic: please sell me your macbook :D
I have recently bough it bro just a couple of months back for 60k

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
Well then let my friend enjoy till he can... Buhahahaha...:D

Btw abt the macbook... Is it worth the price? Leaving aside the ultimate bragging rights.

aroraanant

Explorer
Yes it is worth every penny but do remember that it is totally different from a windows laptop. Macbooks come in a different league...

aroraanant

Explorer
No thats not the truth, there are service centers at many places, almost every metro city has one, even you can hand over your product at the Apple store if there is any problem

nithesh123

Broken In
Yea... MacBook beats everything.... But I got one question to MacBook users..... If I have game which works on windows like to end games.... Will the same Game with windows setup work on MacBook? Should I download separate setup for Mac then play...? Cause in torrents n all I can find windows setup for games more than Mac setup of games

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ What he said. A mac isn't meant for gaming.
But sure if you get a 15 inch macbook pro with a 6770,you can install windows via bootcamp and play games on it.however a 15 inch macbook pro costs a bomb. :(
Damn apple's high priced products -_-

sarthak

In the zone
^^^^ you can install Windows on a mac and then run windows apps on it.
But keep this in mind OP that Apple charges at more exorbitant rates than sony for out of warranty products. And the Apple care pack to extend warranty would cost around 10-15k(not sure if its more).

aroraanant

Explorer
You can't run windows games and apps on Mac directly.As it doesn't support exe files
But you can dual boot and install a windows or simply install vmware or parallel windows which lets you run windows apps and games.

pratyush997

Inactive
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

50K max

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
india

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: dell(most preferred coz of online ordering), hp
b. Dislike: sony (correct me if i'm wrong but i have heard that getting a sony lappy repaired is very costly also its parts are very expensive)
asus (rashi handles laptops too?)

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
this is for my gf, she will do just normal stuff + gaming(not so high end)

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
anything except violent games

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
no bar

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
online is ok

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
win 7
Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
dunno much about it but if you insist 1024*768?? i'm total noob in terms of screen resolution

PS: this is for my gf, plz bhailog ijjat rakh lena. also as she want everything hassle free, mean no need to visit service centre. also she prefers dell most cause all other friends of her have dell. *samepinch* :D

Go for Asus K43SA-VX041D
Asus K43SA-VX041D / 2nd Generation Core i7 / 8 GB / 750 GB / DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
Thats a great laptop but I think Sony CB45 is better than that for OP seeing his requirements, the only cons in sony is that they don't provide onsite warranty

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
@pratyush997 dude its decided... M taking macbook or xps.

Btw does rashi peripherals handle laptop servicing too for asus???

Last edited:

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
I bought Asus K53SM-SX016D for 50K
Highly satisfied
i7 , 8gb ram , 750gb hdd , 2 GB Nvidia Gfx , 15.6" Backlit LED
Super metallica looks and xtremely classy performance.. have a look at it..

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I was just thinking. Is it worth waiting for the laptops coming out in may-june for those on a budget of 50-60k?
The graphics department at the moment doesn't seem too promising with the 540 being renamed and used in the laptops of this year. any chance of seeing 650 or something better in the mainstream 40-60k category?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Apart from HP, I can't think of any manufacturer bringing in GPU in level of 650M. In technology, wait is something which always kills you silently :p

Top Bottom