1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

50K max

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
india

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: dell(most preferred coz of online ordering), hp
b. Dislike: sony (correct me if i'm wrong but i have heard that getting a sony lappy repaired is very costly also its parts are very expensive)
asus (rashi handles laptops too?)

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
this is for my gf, she will do just normal stuff + gaming(not so high end)

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
anything except violent games

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
no bar

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
online is ok

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
win 7
Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
dunno much about it but if you insist 1024*768?? i'm total noob in terms of screen resolution

PS: this is for my gf, plz bhailog ijjat rakh lena. also as she want everything hassle free, mean no need to visit service centre. also she prefers dell most cause all other friends of her have dell. *samepinch* :D

aroraanant

Explorer
Please make use of the search button provided above.
Anyways Sony CB45 is the best laptop in that budget, it costs around 51k in local market

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
I already searched it bro... Bt as i mentioned i have heard issues abt sony... Thatz why i asked here.

Btw so am i correct abt sony's parts being expensive n all??? Actually one of my frind bought viao some years back, the touchpad of the lappy was damaged somehow. So whn he contacted the service centre they told him that it would cost him 15000/- inr to get it repaired.:O I dont wanna face such problems.

sarthak

In the zone
^^^^ Sony CB45 is the best laptop when gaming is not required. Don't know about the repair costs, but I think if you get extended warranty and handle the laptop with some care there won't be any such problem.

nithesh123

Broken In
How about xps15..... Its awesome.... I have ordered n waiting you're delivery.... whatever u mentioned will be easily covered to be frank it will do now than that....

I5 processor with backlit it coated me 52.7k

Otherwise if u think u need less cpu go for i3 for 48.2k without backlit... U can customize n our which ever U want... Just do some research n any query just feel fewer to ask.... If I know I'll help u

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
^^^^ Sony CB45 is the best laptop when gaming is not required. Don't know about the repair costs, but I think if you get extended warranty and handle the laptop with some care there won't be any such problem.

as i mentioned earlier, it is for a GIRL, how can you expect her to handle the laptop with care.

also my friends laptp was in warranty period too but still sony charged him 15000 rs, they told him that whole keypad and touch pad will be changed. thanx to her di, shez some high officer in accenture and sent a letter to sony's hq (in singapore) about the problem, so finally they repaired it for very low cost.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
How can they charge when its under warranty? :crazy:

Anyway, if you really think that Sony is not your cup of milk, then go for XPS (i5).

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
Yeah he dropped some drops of coffee... Dunno thatz what he told me. By the look of it there was no physical damage. :( well doesnt matter under warranty or not, i cant afford to pay one third the price of laptop for any repair in any condition. Thats why i hate sony.

Btw xps15 will run every game at low settings?

aroraanant

Explorer
Yeah he dropped some drops of coffee... Dunno thatz what he told me. By the look of it there was no physical damage. :( well doesnt matter under warranty or not, i cant afford to pay one third the price of laptop for any repair in any condition. Thats why i hate sony.

Btw xps15 will run every game at low settings?

In that case every company will charge you a similar amount other than dell who has the Complete Cover option.
Every company/laptop has some pros and cons, one has to compromise at one or the other end.
Yes XPS will rum almost every game at low settings and even many at medium settings.

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
^^ You bet. NVIDIA GT540M can handle pretty much any game at low settings. For less demanding games like FIFA, you can turn up the details... :-D

thnx.. will surely consider your words

In that case every company will charge you a similar amount other than dell who has the Complete Cover option.
Every company/laptop has some pros and cons, one has to compromise at one or the other end.
Yes XPS will rum almost every game at low settings and even many at medium settings.
dunno but dont u think 15k is way much more than it should be. :(
just for info please temme some cons of dell.. i need to shut up some body :D

so xps it is.

EDIT: she heard from someone that macbook is available for 53k at ebay, n shez a apple fangirl + showoff :D is it worth to buy it?

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ If you find the link it would be helpful if you can post the link here. and btw, that might be a refurbished mac.

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
btw refurbished macs from apple are available in india? and searching for link...

i guess this is the one Brand New Apple Macbook Air 11.6" Screen 128GB SSD 2GB RAM Sealed | eBay

i guess the one who told her ignored the CORE2DUO :(

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
This one is older model.
You can get the new one with i5,64GB SSD for around 56k on ebay, or can get a Macbook pro for 59.4k

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
yea saw them... but are they worth?

EDIT: i can try dealing with them off ebay... that will decrease direct 2-3k guess, but only if they are worth

aroraanant

Explorer
just for info please temme some cons of dell.. i need to shut up some body :D

so xps it is.
Now a days when you call dell people to repair or replace any of your part of the laptop, they replace it with a refurbished one and that gets kaput very soon, and also it degrades the performance of the laptop. And one more thing when you call them(at service centre) on the given contact nos., you have to wait for a minimum of 30-45mins to get some on call(as no one responds before that).Have got many cases that is why I am saying so.
I was a big fan of dell, even I have got a dell laptop but now I own a mac, the laptops are pretty good but their service sucks these days.

BTW XPS is the best laptop by dell(not considering the high end business series laptops right now), so if you are thinking of it you can go for it

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
my friend bought dell lappy a few days ago from online service, inspiron 15r. they themself call him in 7 days and do a full system check up through remote computing. dunno but till now hez very very happy with his laptop.*hez the one i want to shut up :D*

off topic: please sell me your macbook :D

Top Bottom