Laptop for 30k

nithesh123

Broken In
First and for most i would like to tell something...

Yes i did the research on this price range posts and shortlisted this laptops...

HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

There are some others like samsung(Samsung NP300E5Z-S08IN) and HP 3rd gen laptop(HP 2000 2116TU) but they are 35k range so i dont want to go for it unless i dont have any other choice as my budget is 30k max and with some difficulty i could squeeze little..

This laptop is for my sister and she uses only for normal use like (browse, watch movies and coding ). Buying better laptop only cause of future proof...

So guys is that HP pavilion G6 2005ax worth??? or is there any other new comers which offer same specs at the same price range...

Thanks in advance for the time and ur reply... Will be waiting patiently...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you can find a Samsung laptop with more ram, large HDD space & i3 for 30k (i remember there is one at ~29k) go for that unless the use includes graphics intense work. Cause you are simply wasting money on the HD7670 if its never used.

G6 is VFM too as you get a fast processor, bag, more ram & lastly genuine Windows but first decide if your sister really needs the extra goodies.

There is HP Sleekbook but i guess price will be 35k as it retails for 600$ in US. And other companies will slowly refresh their laptops replacing 2nd gen core i with 3rd gen and there are chances of them being priced slightly lower but don't keep hope high.

OP
N

nithesh123

Broken In
if you can find a Samsung laptop with more ram, large HDD space & i3 for 30k (i remember there is one at ~29k) go for that unless the use includes graphics intense work. Cause you are simply wasting money on the HD7670 if its never used.

G6 is VFM too as you get a fast processor, bag, more ram & lastly genuine Windows but first decide if your sister really needs the extra goodies.

There is HP Sleekbook but i guess price will be 35k as it retails for 600$ in US. And other companies will slowly refresh their laptops replacing 2nd gen core i with 3rd gen and there are chances of them being priced slightly lower but don't keep hope high.

Extra goodies means she would require BAG thats all.. others she will buy slowly so no worries there...

if possible can u give the HP sleekbook full name cause i saw one but it was a6 processor of 504$ which is slow in processing and also can u tell that samsung 29k model name if u remember...??

as of now that HP 2005ax is the model that stands good so if i get nothing then i got no other choice but to go for this model... :(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yet to be launched and usually name changes when the laptop is launched in different countries. Yes its with a A6 dual core. But there will be one with A10 quad but better not wait for these as it'll cost more, but deliver less.

Samsung NP300E5Z-A0MIN. The antiglare display will help a lot.

OP
N

nithesh123

Broken In
one more question... based on the processing speed wise HP pavilion 2005ax is slower than samsing NP3000E5Z???

n more over samsung doesnt come with win 7 pre installed...

Well if samsung is faster then i am going for samsung and can u tell how much faster??

pratyush997

Inactive
Asus K53SD-SX809D / 2nd Gen Ci3/ 4 GB/ 500 GB/ 2GB Graphics/ Free DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus NotebookComes with dos.. So Arrange Win 7 64bit Before getting this laptop

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
one more question... based on the processing speed wise HP pavilion 2005ax is slower than samsing NP3000E5Z????

on average A8 = i3

n more over samsung doesnt come with win 7 pre installed...

Intel laptops with Windows 7 cost more or you end up sacrificing a lot.

Well if samsung is faster then i am going for samsung and can u tell how much faster??

depends on the software you run. office task (browser, word, etc) won't feel slow. But things like video encoding or conversion is where AMD takes a real beating. Most slow laptops have one thing in common: they all use Toshiba hard drive. Yesterday got hands on the HP and i didn't tested any performance as reviews speak for it, the build was nice. The keyboard have a nice tactical feel & so does mouse button.

OP
N

nithesh123

Broken In
Hmm thanks for help and replies which were quick too...

I guess i will be considering Asus and lenova and ask my sis once with it... n i am definite that she wont do any encoding...

She just uses laptop for office net and watch movies... for these requirements dual core is sufficient but i wanted future proof as well cause she wont buy anything for 3++ years so only....

Well
1.hp-pavilion-g6-2005ax-laptop-amd-a8-quad-core-4gb-500gb-win-7-hb-1gb-graphics

2.lenovo-essential-g-series-g580-59-324061-laptop-3rd-gen-ci5-4gb-500gb-dos

3.samsung-np300e5z-a0min-intel-2nd-gen-ci3-4gb-750gb-dos

4.asus-k53sd-sx809d-2nd-gen-ci3-4-gb-500-2gb-graphics-free-dos

Are the laptops which i have taken and can u please tell me which is better in terms of build quality and usability and rank them accordingly please.....

Thanks in advance..... :D

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1.hp-pavilion-g6-2005ax-laptop-amd-a8-quad-core-4gb-500gb-win-7-hb-1gb-graphics

2.lenovo-essential-g-series-g580-59-324061-laptop-3rd-gen-ci5-4gb-500gb-dos

between these two i'll simply point one thing: for graphical work (gaming or anything that requires heavy graphics) choose HP. For anything else choose the Samsung below.

3.samsung-np300e5z-a0min-intel-2nd-gen-ci3-4gb-750gb-dos

recommended. but no OS.

4.asus-k53sd-sx809d-2nd-gen-ci3-4-gb-500-2gb-graphics-free-dos

not worth anymore.

OP
N

nithesh123

Broken In
Well sam HP and asus is out...

Still i am not clear with lenova and samsung.....

as lenova is 3rd gen i5 processor and samsung is 2nd gen i3... definitely lenova is faster but in terms of build quality??? which is good.... i guess this is the last question through which i will be bugging u... Sorry by the way... Just wanted to be sure of what i am buying.... :D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
lenova is 3rd gen i5 processor and samsung is 2nd gen i3... definitely lenova is faster but in terms of build quality??? which is good.... i guess this is the last question through which i will be bugging u... Sorry by the way... Just wanted to be sure of what i am buying.... :D

3rd gen i5 will perform same as 2nd gen i5. but i3 be slightly slower.
Lenovo build quality went down but this looks like a totally new revised model so i expect it to be good. But i'll still go for Samsung for a few things: 2yr warranty, antiglare display, bigger HDD, better A.S.S, looks better. and cost 5k less.

OP
N

nithesh123

Broken In
been to some stores today.... my sis increased the cost to 35k...

HP 2000 2116TU Laptop 3rd Gen Ci5/2GB/500GB/DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

This is wat she told to buy when she was browsing... is this laptop good?? just want some review from u sam as i didnt find any review from anyone on this laptop.

Since its 3rd gen i thought its good to buy too.. will call customer care tomorrow to find out the exact price of model and will update things here... before that need ur opinion on this

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
this one looks exactly same as the G6 but with Intel proccy. pricing is on the higher side as they could have provided 4GB ram but yes looks ok. If you go for this, do laminate the laptop's lid and add 2/4GB more ram. 2GB is way too less.

OP
N

nithesh123

Broken In
ok ok will be adding 2GB more to this lappy and laminate the lid??? lid gets scratches??? or something???

And thanks for all the info from sam and other thinkdigit members.... i will update about exact price tomorrow...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if it uses same chassis as G6, it'll get scratched. the lid is way too glossy so even minute scratches may show up. so better to get it laminated.

OP
N

nithesh123

Broken In
ah ok ok... today called to HP customer care... the lady quoted the price as 33k++ without tax as the price of

HP 2000 2116TU Laptop 3rd Gen Ci5/2GB/500GB/DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

The offer which is running now is i get 1 year free warranty i.e i get 2 years complete warranty.. She told she would arrance call back from local dealer still waiting....

Top Bottom