Laptop Budget 50-55K

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
I am Btech 1st CSE student. I want to buy a laptop with a budget of 50-55K...

Requirments
1. Programming
2. Movies/Songs
3. High End Application
4. Occasionally for playing games...

Basically i need for my college studies..

Should have gud speaker and keyboard interferance and should last for 3-4 years...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Dell XPS 14: core i3/i5 and GT240 graphics.

check this model: The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

core i5 460M
nvidia GT420 (corrected, thanks to modder for pointing out)
14" display
4GB DDR3
500GB HDD
should cost you around 50k
Similar config with 15.6" should cost 2k more.

Sony side, check VPCEB36FG : E Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India

Last edited:
OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
thnks dessibond.....

bro which brand should i go for? And Among Dell and Sony which one is better

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Go for Dell laptop with RGBLED display. reports say that it's image reproduction and clarity is better than Sony's FullHD displays. If possible, go for Complete Cover warranty. 3yrs or peace-of-mind.

from trustedreviews:
Let us rewind a little, though, to explain what we're actually talking about here. Chances are you'll have heard of LED backlit screens; they're very common among netbooks and any notebook whose aim is to be thin and light. However, RGB LED is the name given to a display that uses red, green and blue (hence RGB) LEDs, as opposed to just white LEDs as a backlight.
As a result the display in the Studio XPS 16 can reach something approaching 100 per cent of the Adobe RGB colour space, giving this machine one of widest colour gamuts you'll see on a notebook. This is great for watching films or TV, but is arguably of more import to anyone editing images, where the high colour accuracy is of particular interest.

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
^+1 absolutely true

also see (this is how Dell XPS 15 looks like):

Dell XPS 15 L501 *Owner's Lounge* - Page 2

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Dell XPS 15

3rd option
core i3 370, 500 gb HDD, 1 gb nvidia 420, blu-ray BD palyer and 15.6" Full-HD (1920*1080) B+RGLED display in 56k...

CPU may be less powerfull then core i5 but blu-ray player and FullHD screen are big addons.

OP
Ron

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Guys due to some reasons i was unable to buy a laptop..Pls refer a gud lappy for me once again...My budget is 50-60K

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ actually today there is an advertisement in newspaper - lenovo's y560p with intel core i7 2630M and ATI 1GB graphics available in 58190*.
That's why I said 'wait for sandy bridge'

kishor_s

Broken In
hey but intel said me
Hi Kishor, our processors are shipping to our OEM customers now.
Quad-core systems became available January 9th.
Dual-core systems will be available beginning later in February. Thanks!
so i dont think u need to wait for 2 months they are comin as soon as possible even dell have launched these processor in their Alienware M17X
n dell wil launch sandy bridge
in its xps line in mid feb
so dont worry dey r comin asap

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
From what all you have mentioned, a laptop with/ without SandyBridge should work for you, seeing your primary concerns.
Sony Vaio VPCEB36FG or HP DV6 3049TX or Lenovo Y560( It works great). All these are within your bugdet and good performers.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Just look at this- The Dell Online Store: Build Your System[/ur l]

Go for DELL XPS 15
PROCESSOR Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-480M processor(2.66GHz, 4Threads, turbo boost up to 2.93Ghz, 3M cache)

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)

DISPLAY 15.6 FHD (1920x1080) B+RGLED display with TrueLife™ IF YOU SELECT 15.6 (1366*)RESOLUTION SUBTRACT Rs6K

MEMORY 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 4G) (operates at 1066MHZ for Core i5 processors)

HARD DRIVE 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

OPTICAL DRIVE Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability

VIDEO CARD 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 420M graphics with Bluetooth (with WIDI)

Total Price-Rs 56687

If you select 1366* resolution screen -50400

This configuration suits best for you.Enjoy:razz:

Top Bottom