Laptop Battery Problem

bruce_batman

I am coming for You Joker
Hello All
My Acer Aspire 5745G has been bugging me for 2-3 days
actually i went out of station for a week and when i came back my battery has been discharging very fast.

When i open the lappy in 12hrs the battery is ok
but when i open the lappy almost 24 hrs the battery drops to nil
and i now figure it is charging fast too

it is a 6 cell Li-ion battery
i am worried plz help!

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
"When i open the lappy in 12hrs the battery is ok
but when i open the lappy almost 24 hrs the battery drops to nil"

Explain this part a little better please.

OP
B

bruce_batman

When i run windows the lappy in 12hrs the battery is ok
but when i run windows the lappy almost 24 hrs the battery drops to nil

srry for bad english...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i think what he meant to say is if laptop is not used for 12hrs, battery retains its charge but if unused for 24hrs, battery charge goes down to ~0%. clearly a battery problem. or try a linux distro like Ubuntu to check if this happens.

OP
B

bruce_batman

@sam: what do u think i should do now?? as my warranty is over, buy a new battery??

plz reply ppl i am worried

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Try to check if its really the battery which is faulty or not. If the battery is faulty,buy a new battery.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Looks like it is the problem related to faulty battery. Replace the battery (the only option you have).

OP
B

bruce_batman

i think problem has been solved what i did was i ran the laptop till it was 0 and charged it to full, and when i ran the lappy after 24 hrs the battery was fine!!!

Thankz for da help anyway

OP
B

bruce_batman

well the problem started again today so how much would a battery cost approximately and would a 9 cell one give me more juice??

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
A laptop battery shouldn't cost more than 3-4k(6cell). Try finding out the exact model number of ur battery from ur old battery or from acer website.

OP
B

bruce_batman

as u all said i installed ubuntu 11.04 and uptill now its working perfectly wat to do now??? format and reinstall windows???

nope srry it happnd again battery still bad :(

anyone????

Top Bottom