Language Translation Plugin for Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamer

Dreaming is THE art...
Well guys n gals i saw several posts in this forum about firefox & its useful plugins, but was amazed to see that one particular type of plugin was missing in those posts (well i searched the forum, it wasn't there & hope it isn't there so that i m not repeating anything).

We often come across several sites that are, or may be useful to us - but we can't use them as they are in foreign languages like Russian, Chinese, etc.

I am using two very useful plugins for the purpose - one in particular, for the past several months & they are too good.

1) Translate

Well, this is a cool extension that translates pages from French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Greek, Korean, Japanese, Chinese (simple as well as traditional) and Russian too.

It uses the Google translation tool, as well as Altavista's Babelfish translation tool. We have two options to convert the pages - we can either convert the whole page or we can just convert some specific text.

There are some probs too. If we use it too often to convert the whole page, Altavista sometimes blacklists us & gives error. If we convert some specific text, it opens in a new tab.
Due to this new tab problem, i use a second extension that converts the selected text in the same space. Details are below.

P.S. If a page is converted by this extension, the links opened in that page are automatically converted too.

Download this extension here

Supported Firefox Versions - 1.5.0.1
Reliability - Stable

__________________________________________________________________________________________

2) Russ Key

This extension translates Russian text on web pages simply by its context menu - shortcut keys are also given. The main feature of this extension is that it translates the text on the same space as the original text and uses 3 different translators (namely AltaVista, freetranslation.com and free.translated.net) using round-robin fail-over mechanism.

Download this extension here

Supported Firefox Versions -0.8 to 1.6a1
Reliability - Strong.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Hope to receive your comments on this review and these great extensions.
(This is my first review here)

---
back to dreams for now...

OP
Dreamer

Dreamer

Dreaming is THE art...
no comments or suggestions?

are there any other plugins for this use available?

please do share if u know. thx

---

OP
Dreamer

Dreamer

Dreaming is THE art...
Thanks for the info buddy, but i already saw it - even at the time of ur reply, my reply there was the last one. No hard feelings here, but i think that post was for our fav extensions, & this one's a review. Plus if u see the whole post that u referred, there is not a single post made by any user that tells us about any plugin of this sort. So that's why i thought this plugin needed a different place of attention with a review for all to see - its worth it.

Anyways, thanks bro and if u still believe that this shouldn't be here, u can report this thread or any mod/admin can delete it. I won't even sigh, because i posted it here for the benefit of all the fellow member friends, b'coz everyone today comes across sites made in those languages.

Edit: I changed the title of this post, as it is more accurate now.

---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom