Language learners' discussion thread !! :D

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
@krishnandu.sarkar
yah learning 1 at a time is the way. good luck with urdu ! :)

@piyush
hey, welcome ! wanna have a look at the first post japanese links and tell me if u like to proceed ? :D

Piyush

Lanaya
@piyush
hey, welcome ! wanna have a look at the first post japanese links and tell me if u like to proceed ? :D

thanks icebag
will definitely start the tutorials which you mentioned from 3rd Jan(practicals going on these days)

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
@Piyush
Theory + Practical = master in that language :)

Well, i know Kannada(mother tongue), Marathi (2nd mother tongue), Hindi and English.

And about learning languages in Future, I would like to learn Japanese and French.

Hajimemashite Faun-san ?

(How do you do Faun ?)

PS :please give me the meanings, i've started only yesterday. Manages to learn about 8 hiraganas of the japanese Language. :)

Kowaii = Scary

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
Hajimemashite Faun-san ?

(How do you do Faun ?)

PS :please give me the meanings, i've started only yesterday. Manages to learn about 8 hiraganas of the japanese Language. :)

Kowaii = Scary

awesome! what reading mat you are following ? get urself a writing pad and pencil lol. remember how you learned english alphabets ?:mrgreen:

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Interesting thread. Well, i know

Punjabi
Hindi
English
some Urdu

Would like to

Master Urdu
Leran Deutsche
Learn Traditional Chinese (it's painfully hard but still I'd like to try)

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Languages I Know:
Urdu --> Mother-tongue | Can speak
Hindi --> My Dad knows Hindi as he was a resident of Pune once upon a time and My mom knows too. | I can Read and Speak only simple sentence.
Tamil --> State Language | Can Read, Write and Speak
English --> I am from an American-Indian family! | Can Read, Write and Speak

Want to Learn:
Master Hindi | Reason: Because, It's my crush's favorite language and her mother-tongue.

As i said earlier i can read and speak only simple sentences in Hindi. When i hear some long and complex sentence i can't even understand a word. As a part of learning Hindi, I am watching some Hindi Movies like Don 2, Once Upon a Time in Mumbai, Jannat, Dhoom 1 & 2 repeatedly. Still, I can't understand some sentence.

awesome! what reading mat you are following ? get urself a writing pad and pencil lol. remember how you learned english alphabets ?:mrgreen:

I'm just using Google. Hopefully, it will be enough for me to learn the basics. I remember how I learned English. Its not going to be easy.
And this site for now : Nihongo o Narau - Learn Japanese
As well as lots of japanese anime, although they don't seem to be of much help for learning the language. :(

Anyway,

Douzo yoroshiku Icebags-san.

(Nice to meet you Icebags )

@icebags: Please suggest some good material to learn japanese. :)

Last edited:

ajaybc

Youngling
I Know :
English
Hindi (From school)
Malayalam (Mother Toungue)
Sanskrit (Really basic from school)

Wants to learn:

French

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
I'm just using Google. Hopefully, it will be enough for me to learn the basics. I remember how I learned English. Its not going to be easy.
And this site for now : Nihongo o Narau - Learn Japanese
As well as lots of japanese anime, although they don't seem to be of much help for learning the language. :(

Anyway,
Douzo yoroshiku Icebags-san.
(Nice to meet you Icebags)

@icebags: Please suggest some good material to learn japanese. :)

konnichiwa, jojo-san, nihongo ni irassai. anata no link wa ii dseu, benkyo ni o ganbatte kudasai. :)
(if you wanna search meaning by words, go eudict.com)

lol, i know just a little, you may follow that link, it seems good, but if you ever think you want the grammar part consolidated, then may be i will be able to help you.
you should get the basic grammar first, so that sentence structures get clear. then you should move out to build vocab by listening to programs (anime/movie/songs whatever you get) with their romaji lyrics/ sub. when you think u get a vocab stock of 300+, then may be you should get serious with writing.

afraid not, grammar is simple, pronunciation is not very hard, sentence structure is not too hard, only the difficult part is kanji. it goes same with chinese too. learn hiragana first, if you start with kanji, you may fed up soon.
i don't get much time, so its going slowly. but i will be able to help you with whatever resource i have, if you ask. it will be beneficial for me too. :D

As i said earlier i can read and speak only simple sentences in Hindi. When i hear some long and complex sentence i can't even understand a word. As a part of learning Hindi, I am watching some Hindi Movies like Don 2, Once Upon a Time in Mumbai, Jannat, Dhoom 1 & 2 repeatedly. Still, I can't understand some sentence.
learning by songs is good, remember memorizing poetry in school? :wink:

Shah

Cyborg Agent
^I will try it, Man. I am searching some popular hindi songs with english translation.

konnichiwa, jojo-san, nihongo ni irassai. anata no link wa ii dseu, benkyo ni o ganbatte kudasai. :)
(if you wanna search meaning by words, go eudict.com)

lol, i know just a little, you may follow that link, it seems good, but if you ever think you want the grammar part consolidated, then may be i will be able to help you.
you should get the basic grammar first, so that sentence structures get clear. then you should move out to build vocab by listening to programs (anime/movie/songs whatever you get) with their romaji lyrics/ sub. when you think u get a vocab stock of 300+, then may be you should get serious with writing.

afraid not, grammar is simple, pronunciation is not very hard, sentence structure is not too hard, only the difficult part is kanji. it goes same with chinese too. learn hiragana first, if you start with kanji, you may fed up soon.
i don't get much time, so its going slowly. but i will be able to help you with whatever resource i have, if you ask. it will be beneficial for me too. :D

Arigatou taishite za fujo Icebags-san.

(Thanks for the help Icebags )

That was a translate paste from eudict.com . I take your advice. :)
Could you please help me with the sentence structure?

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
ah, right, lets get started..... :eek:

i follow Learn Japanese Free - Complete Resource For Learning Japanese, if want you may check it out also.

basic sentence structure is SOV (subject - object - verb), that's like hindi a bit. ok, forget it, here is an example :

kono hon wa omoshiroi desu.

kono/sono/ano -> this/that/distant that
hon -> book
wa/ga -> subject indicator
omoshiroi -> interesting
desu -> verb like "hai/hain" in hindi

subject is book, book is interesting, verb is hindi.

now memorize this:
*www.learnjapanesefree.com/img/japanese-particles-list.jpg

then check these basic sentences.
*www.learnjapanesefree.com/basic-japanese-sentences.html

when you get that structure above, you will be able to identify the subject/object/verb in a basic sentence. take help of eudict, and get meanings of words. if any confusion, arise the question. :)

Top Bottom