lan card prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishekkalra

Broken In
i have winxp sp2 installed. i purchased a new lan card and installed it. it worked nicely.when i shut down my system and reboot it,windows prompt"new hardware found,detecting software 4 it". At this time, i checked the system properties and found no network adapter installed.i again shut down and reboot my machine, i get connected to the net and network adapter is installed as earlier.
i dont understand why does it happen with every shut down process and recovers on another try?
kindly give me ur advice...
thanx.....

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Happened ditto with me but may differ with you. What i did is uninstalled the lan card from device manager deleted its respective inf file from windows dir. Rebooted my system in safe mode with admin login. Copied the driver to my E drive ( i store my date in E ) Then manually added device from add/hardware wizard that did the trick. Do let us know.

legolas

Padawan
did u install the device urself or allowed windows to pick the driver? if u allowed windows, then that might be the source of ur problem... i had problems with that and updated driver with the one that came with my LAN card. give it a try and post back.

/legolas

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
legolas said:
did u install the device urself or allowed windows to pick the driver? if u allowed windows, then that might be the source of ur problem... i had problems with that and updated driver with the one that came with my LAN card. give it a try and post back.

/legolas

Exactly. The drivers picked by XP mostly doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom