Knoppix Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

kato

Karthiksn
People help me i am noob when comes to linux and wanna that i hav burned iso image of knoppix on a cd but when i keep it in my drive and restart pc it takes me to dr-dos.Tell me how to boot from it.

i tried searching for this topic in forum but didnt get anything tats why i am makng this thread

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
You would have burned it as a bootable cd.That happened to me to when I burned my first cd image.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
No, you didn't burn a Knoppix Image I should guess...........

If it is a Knoppix Live CD then it should show something with Knoppix written on the screen and should normally load when you press Enter on the first screen...........

And no, you can just burn the image, no need to make it bootable, the image itself is bootable............

I don't think you literally burned the ISO as a data........... LOL............... coz if you did, then the CD will be a complete waste

banned2wise

Broken In
Chennai ?
If you want knoppix, you can get it from the chennai LUG.

*www.chennailug.org/wiki/CDs_for_Grab
Grab a knoppix cd and use it :)

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
banned2wise said:
Chennai ?
If you want knoppix, you can get it from the chennai LUG.

*www.chennailug.org/wiki/CDs_for_Grab
Grab a knoppix cd and use it :)

This page cannot be displayed............

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
kato said:
so tell me how to make cd of knoppix

Optional steps:
>>Make sure that it is a valid Knoppix ISO and is not corrupted. You may rely on it to some extent if it opens fine with WinRAR.

>>Mount it in a Virtual PC to make sure it is alright and boots and runs properly. You can use evaluation version of MS-Virtual PC 2004 or VMware. You may also try out Qemu Virtual machine, which has a command line interface. You may download it at *www.oszoo.org and may also try experimental GUIs. One of them is "Qemu GUI by _khAttAm_", available at : *qemu.dad-answers.com/viewtopic.php?t=361

Compulsory Steps:
>>Once you have checked that the ISO is fine, its time to burn it.

>>Just use any CD burner. Almost all the burners support image burning. We'll use DeepBurner Free (Just 2.61 Mb) from *www.deepburner.com/?r=download

>>Install DeepBurner and launch it.

>>Then, in the first screen that appears, select "Burn ISO Image" and then click next.

>>Then, boowse for an Image file (i.e. Knoppix ISO) and then Click burn. Burn it under low speeds like 8x to make sure the CD does not get corrupted. If you have huge RAM (512+) and no running programs, you may also try higher speeds.

>>If CD Burning is successful, then OK to go.

>>Just reboot with the CD in the CD-ROM drive and make sure first boot device is CD-ROM and you'll get Knoppix screen........

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Copy the image to your harddisk.Then open nero Smartstart and go to copy and backup and choose the burn image to cd option and choose the knoppix image from your harddisk.Your done.

OP
kato

kato

Karthiksn
These are the files which are in the knoppix folder in digit march dvd:
--GamesKnoppix-3.7-0.2-EN.iso[698 MB (732,674,048 bytes)]
--GamesKnoppix-3.7-0.2-EN.iso.md5(62 bytes)
--GamesKnoppix-3.7-0.2-EN.iso.md5.asc(189 bytes)
--GamesKnoppix-3.7-0.2-EN.iso.sha1(70 bytes)
--GamesKnoppix-3.7-0.2-EN.iso.sha1.asc(189 bytes)
so shud i write these files(other then iso)to the cd also(i mean with iso file)
sorry for asking if this question is very silly but as i said i am noob when it comes to linux

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
kato said:
These are the files which are in the knoppix folder in digit march dvd:
--GamesKnoppix-3.7-0.2-EN.iso[698 MB (732,674,048 bytes)]
--GamesKnoppix-3.7-0.2-EN.iso.md5(62 bytes)
--GamesKnoppix-3.7-0.2-EN.iso.md5.asc(189 bytes)
--GamesKnoppix-3.7-0.2-EN.iso.sha1(70 bytes)
--GamesKnoppix-3.7-0.2-EN.iso.sha1.asc(189 bytes)
so shud i write these files(other then iso)to the cd also(i mean with iso file)
sorry for asking if this question is very silly but as i said i am noob when it comes to linux

Actually, you are a noob when it comes to computers............. :D

Okay, I dont know what was the problem with DeepBurner, anyone could have downloaded the 2Mb file.....

Okay, I'll teach to do it with Nero.....

Let me install it first...................................................Ok done........... I have got Nero 6.06 Enterprize Edition of Nero.... Should I teach to do it with your version of Nero?? :lol:

Anyways, Lets start:
>>Launch Nero StartSmart
>>Under copy and backup, choose "Burn Image to Disk"
>>Then, browse for the file "GamesKnoppix-3.7-0.2-EN.iso" and not any other.......
>>Click Next and Writing process will start................

When done, it is done................... Jump with joy when the CD boots..... good luck....

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
If you still have a problem, then please dont waste your money in another CD-R, better order a Knoppix Live CD from *www.linuxbazar.com/ and it should work just fine........................................

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
PS: No need of using other files. you can delete other (*.md5 and such) files............. The ISO is onyl important....... Hope you got me...............

OP
kato

kato

Karthiksn
buddy u gave gud advice and i appreciate that but u r too cruel or bad i cant get words i thought u cud help me with nero because i dint want to download it and u can make out i am angry for no reason becoz of u

I think TOPIC CLOSED

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
kato said:
buddy u gave gud advice and i appreciate that but u r too cruel or bad i cant get words i thought u cud help me with nero because i dint want to download it and u can make out i am angry for no reason becoz of u

I think TOPIC CLOSED

I'm really sorry that I hurt you (Actually, I dont Care)
I want you to read a lot of manuals and search for help all over the internet, before you actually ask something.................. A nero manual would teach you how to burn iso images and so would the Digit CD................

Anyways, Hope I was successful to help you............ Wasn't I??

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@khattam: You ought to be more polite when replying to queries. If you don't care about the topic enough, then why bother replying? Help people if you can; don't reply if you cannot/don't want to help; and please don't be condescending while helping others. People come here to get doubts cleared; not to be called n00bs and mocked. Maintain forum etiquette.

OP
kato

kato

Karthiksn
khattam actually now i am not mad at you i cant act like child so being a person from this forum i wud thank u for ur help and whenever u ask a question and i know the answer i will always help.Igot the knoppix thing right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom