ashishchander

Right off the assembly line
hi
i want to buy a kindle but i have some questions.
first how do u buy books on the kindle /
second do u require a credit card(can u use a debit card ) ?
and what is the apprrox cost ?

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Well u can buy kindle from Amazon.com and they will ship directly to your home. About the mode of payment, I believe it needs Credit card but am not sure.

As for the books, you can download PDF directly in kindle or to your desktop and my friend once told me that the online versions are cheap around 3-4USD. Otherwise u can download books from some free site and read them..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
IndiaPlaza is selling Kindles in India. -- Amazon kindle in Indian rupees | Indiaplaza

But I suggest you import a Nook Color from USA...

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
From my personal experience, I loved Kindle as far as reading books is concerned. it gives no strain on eyes compared to any colored tablet and it gives a lot better display for long reading

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
you can download PDF directly in kindle or to your desktop
true, but on the small screen of kindle pdf are unreadable on kindle. HOWEVER one can use a simple desktop program to convert pdf to mobi format, which makes them completely readable.
first how do u buy books on the kindle /
paid books: kindle store
free books : link .

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
^^ I am sorry but am not sure if u have used it... Kindle is made to read PDF and it can be read with no issues... there is facility to change the font size to make the best out of it... please check before making such a comment that PDF ARE NOT READABLE ON KINDLE

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
From my personal experience, I loved Kindle as far as reading books is concerned. it gives no strain on eyes compared to any colored tablet and it gives a lot better display for long reading

Nook isn't just another colour tablet... It is designed to read books without any strain on your eyes.

Comparison: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyOkJZ1FAd8

It is superior to Kindle in every way...

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
^^ I am sorry but am not sure if u have used it... Kindle is made to read PDF and it can be read with no issues... there is facility to change the font size to make the best out of it... please check before making such a comment that PDF ARE NOT READABLE ON KINDLE
I think the confusion is stemming from the difference betwen a kindledx and a kindle wifi. (do you own kindle dx?)While the kindle DX is suited for PDF's the kindle wifi has a small screen on which raw pdf's are completely unreadable.
there is facility to change the font size to make the best out of it
nope. you can't change the font size on pdf , you can zoom and then pan. which is what makes reading pdf virtually impossible on kindle wifi. But like I said that is not a problem, as they can be easily converted to mobi format(after which you can change the font size) .

Nook isn't just another colour tablet... It is designed to read books without any strain on your eyes.

Comparison: YouTube - Kindle vs. Nook Match-up

It is superior to Kindle in every way...
the review you linked to compares kindle to nook. not nook color. nook - eink screen (designed for reading) , nook color-LCD screen(inferior to eink for reading )

amitava82

MMO Addict
Actually, you should check (use one first maybe?) your facts before countering a statement. There is no font resize option for PDF in kindle. The option you are looking at is ZOOM which is a pain to use. you can resize fonts in mobi and azw files. You CAN read pdf in kindle however fonts are very tiny (again it depends on the pdf itself. so far all the computer books I've read has tiny fonts at 100% zoom). It's because kindle fits entire screen on 600*800 screen and pdf ebooks are formatted for larger screen.

Good news is that you can convert any documents to kindle formatted file either using Calibre (great ebook management software) or through free Amazon document conversion service. Bad news is that, it fail to retain original format. So, if you are reading IT books, you will miss those formatted codes and syntax. Plain text are ok.

Finally, if you want pure reading experience, no gimmick, buy the Kindle. Don't listen to people who think LCD is better for reading than eink. Of course they never seen one in person.

And a picture: *picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZvOZwDeAGmeviLRONhi2qg?feat=directlink

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
^^ i have no idea what u are talking about... I have used Kindle and was able to resize the fonts. The moment the fonts are increased in size it starts wrapping to next line hence to read we only need to scroll down...

Yes but all the PDF are bought from Amazon so might be the reason I have the facility to do that.

amitava82

MMO Addict
^^ i have no idea what u are talking about... I have used Kindle and was able to resize the fonts. The moment the fonts are increased in size it starts wrapping to next line hence to read we only need to scroll down...

Yes but all the PDF are bought from Amazon so might be the reason I have the facility to do that.
More like, you don't know what you are talking about. Amazon don't sell PDF. Amazon use AZW format to distribute ebooks (the ones you purchase from kindle store). Kindle reads pdf as image. There is no way it can reflow pdf.

Top Bottom