KGB Archiver, incredible.....my god!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat22

In the zone
KGB Archiver

Size before compression: 450.157 Mb
Size after compression: 1.47 Mb

Sounds impossible but true...a forum.....is posting a 1.47 MB flie for a 450.157 Mb file!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:
Look here
*www.icpnet.pl/~tomekpawlak/kgb/en/tests.php
KGB Archiver is the compression tool with unbelievable high compression rate. It surpasses even such efficient compression tool like 7zip and UHARC in terms of the abilities.

KGB Archiver is a software that allows you to compress and decompress archives.

Unfortunately although its powerful compression rate, it has high hardware requirements (I recommend processor with 1,5GHz clock and 256MB of RAM as an essential minimum).

One of the advantages of KGB Archiver is also AES-256 encryption which is used to encrypt the archives. This is one of the strongest encryptions known for human.
KGB Archiver is the compression tool with unbelievable high compression

rate. It surpasses even such efficient compression tool like 7zip and

UHARC in terms of the abilities. Unfortunately although its powerful

compression rate, it has high hardware requirements (I recommend

processor with 1,5GHz clock and 256MB of RAM as an essential minimum).

One of the advantages of KGB Archiver is also AES-256 encryption which

is used to encrypt the archives. This is one of the strongest

encryptions known for human.You need this archiever to extract the

files. The extraction time depends entirely on your hardware and

setting of priority for extraction . Average time extracting the files

on a p4 3.2 ghz system with 1 gig of ram is about 2.47 hrs ( Priority =

Above normal)
Download
*www.softpedia.com/get/Compression-tools/KGB-Archiver.shtml

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Im trying this one now,

EDIT: tried it takes H*ll lot of time . like 4000 hrs for very good compression rate :( . Im waiting to see other users reactions.......

Ashis

In the zone
charangk said:
Im trying this one now,

EDIT: tried it takes H*ll lot of time . like 4000 hrs for very good compression rate :( . Im waiting to see other users reactions.......

I suspected so!

vmp_vivek

In the zone
Yeah, but it runs good on machines with 1GB RAM like me. It takes around 2 hours to finish the conversion from 2 MB to 450 MB! :p :?

G

gxsaurav

just tried, my verdict

To decompress, the more RAM U have the better. I did not tried that 2 MB office 2006 beta file, insted i tried compressing After effect 7 trial version which is 1215 MB, as zip, as Solid RAR it took 1 hr to compress & size came to 1180 MB

KGB archiver, i just canceled, I started it last night to be exect

anyway, I compressed my 3D Max tutorials folder, which is 19 MB to 500 kb, in guess how much time, just 40 mins :shock: as a sfx, & decompressed in 15 mins

it's good, just start it & sleep he whole night, kal tak ho jayega

PS : it doesn't work on Music files, but works on DivX, H.264, although only to about 10 MB less size then before

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Good for Long term archival of text files May be huge database collection can to compressed to a small size . But i would not use it for video files because the compression is not much.there is no point. I would rather use an extra cd for the additional data rather then waiting 2 hr for the file to decompress.

I think this KGB archiver suits for corporate use(big companies:D).

godsownman

Padawan
WOW,

From now onwards all torrents should have their movies, games, softwares etc uploaded after being compressed with this .

Thinking aloud ,

BSNL's 1 GB will be an impossible target in a month if everybody uses this compression tool.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
godsownman said:
WOW,

From now onwards all torrents should have their movies, games, softwares etc uploaded after being compressed with this .

Thinking aloud ,

BSNL's 1 GB will be an impossible target in a month if everybody uses this compression tool.

Rightly said godsownman . Imagine how much bandwidth can be saved . Download the compressed file and extract it with your own Pace .

Yeah............i just compressed a text file of 3kb to 9646 MB file.

Awasome...............

now i can upload it easily as it takes time to upload 9646 MB file

G

gxsaurav

how can that be, 3k to 9646 MB :shock:

anyway, i guess it's good for compressing, Application isntallation, like Windows installer etc, before this the highest compression i saw was Netopsystem Feed 2.5 for application

imagine, 1 GB After effect 7.zip in 20 MB :D

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Same here! Anyways...this compression software cannot be used for general use! This maybe useful for making archives like...project guetenberg, wikipedia archives or old encyclopaedia datas!

But i think its developer should think abt Music and Video Compression also! Afterall these things take more space than any other file types!

Anyways...I could not try this on my PC!
2.4Ghz P4 with 256MB RAM! Will upgrade RAM soon so may get a chance to check it!

I like it very much.And any know which type of algorithm they use?????.It save's download time,upload time very much.But it take's some time.Any way welcome for the further development.

S

Shock_the_Rock

hi

KGB compressor is good but how can i decompress them back, i mean i compress videos of 10 mb to 83 kb n when i try to see it by using all players(wm player,winamp,) it says fail to render file.it also has a decompressor but when i goes to the folder where i compress the video files by using decompressor , it didn't show anything in the folder even when i click all files. help me on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom