Kerala's Schools to Use Only Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Its not that .. We will pay.. If its for Genuine use. Look I am a Genuine guys.. I never purchased facked things. I have few games titles and all are Genuine.. Ok I am going to pay for Windows even a premium price tag of 10-15k .. Then see how my account tremble..

1. I need a powerful rig say 30-40 k for minimal use I am considering Vista .. or 60-70k for high end.. Now don't debate me on config.. I know a lot more about hardware than one might have thought :p
2. Chalo somehow I convinced my parent and spend nearly a 1lakh for PC + Gaming .. Now my sister is a GFX designer.[though she isn't]. She needs PS now I spend 50k+..
3. I have .pdf, .rm,files, I can't view out of the box.. But I am paying 15k for the OS /.//
4. I am using net .. Darn it .. Blast you Gates.. The internet bombarded trillions of malicious code..
5. What to do should I paid 3k+ on Internet security or 1-1.5k on AV..
6. There are lot more things to name... just think before saying....Windows windows windows... How guys say that and I would have gone bankrupt if I would have gone by your suggestion;.. Seesh so much for a OS...

Well all thing are inverse for Linux.. I just need to d/l few Mb's of codecs.. and I'll play all sort of media files.. and I was pissed by seeing this comment.. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=771019&postcount=18

GXSaurav you are a MVP and still you still don't know that no 1 in Windows use the default codecs. Either people install Klite or something else. So its nearly same when It comes to play mp3 :|
That's it .. In no matter MS windows is superior if you go Genuine way.. and if you are using ahem ver.. [not to say but nearly users are birds of same feather who flock together]..and despite knowing that you are using ahem windows and still bragging about it :| Then I must say Windows users are without an honor ..Just like ambidentate ligand :p

P.S : No offense meant to anyone :| Sorry if I have hurt anyone in any respect ..
are you a normal person or an orator like Mark Antony in the play Julius Caesar ??

What a speech man!

praka123

left this forum longback
if freedom is not understood/appreciated by people,enforce "freedom" to the people.let them know how to use their rights!
in this case Free Softwares. :)

well,wait for UDF to come to powers in 3 yrs or so.we can expect Ummen Chandy,manorama group & hardware mafia bullying for M$haft :p

well,I m anti-communist to clear the doubts ;)

Just read in todays news paper of KSEB's ad saving Rs4 crore plus using free software(linux etc).seriously!that ad should let ppl know what Operating System(linux debian) and what softwares are used!

even better sarkar should put ads on free sofrware in media :p
already Mr.achyutanandan is fried by pro-M$ communists(YES!!!!)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
[size=+1]I was reading Stallman's interview here on the subject of this post. I never knew that one can restrict the OS used from the BIOS of a PC !!![/size]

IT@School Linux:

*malayalam.web4all.in/index.php/Malayalam_in_GNU/Linux

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
[size=+1]I was reading Stallman's interview here on the subject of this post. I never knew that one can restrict the OS used from the BIOS of a PC !!![/size]

IT@School Linux:

*malayalam.web4all.in/index.php/Malayalam_in_GNU/Linux
The desktoplinux link takes ages to load. It never loads.

din

Tribal Boy
Please do not think I am hijacking this thread. But I put an explanatory post in the tech news section as I see lot of threads nowadays regarding the same topic, I mean Linux movements in Kerala schools. Most do not know the details, so here is the thread -

Linux in Kerala Schools - Fact Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom