Kaspersky 2009 killed my DVD drive !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
hi all

yesterday i ws playing with kaspersky and found a Security "Analyzer and Browser Configuration " under system security option....

i ran a diagnostic test under it and it said that i need to eliminate few option...
thinking that all is good .. i gave yes .. and all got finished and now when i try to load my disc (cd/dvd anything ) .. it asks me to "burn to disc " ( by inbuilt windows burn function ) ...

its not showing the content .. but it simply keeps telling me to burn to disc.. when i recently didn't give any files to write to disc

but under "Command Prompt" (cmd ) i can able to see all the files / folders in the CD /DVD ...

how to revert back these setting..

i tried to restore.. but couldn't get the settings back.. its siimply cant be undone ..

please help..

i have a project to do... and now i am stuck ... i am unable to do anyting with the cd drive..

i even tried to pause the protection .. still it does work..

*i35.tinypic.com/2djozr8.jpg

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
another bug ? or antivirus wiped some registry entries ?

use some live cd to copy the data *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/99.png

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
1. unplug dvd drive and boot into windows,then shutdown the compu again and plug the drive.
2 or reinstall kav
3. or do a system restore

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
guys first of all its on my laptop...

and second of all i am using KAV 2009...

any idea ??

as i said i did a system restore... nothing changed /..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
run that diagnostic (fast...), unckec the first two options.
*img394.imageshack.us/img394/5504/screenshot001sb8.th.jpg

if that doesnt work, do a "restore" from KAV

*img394.imageshack.us/img394/127/screenshot004ey0.th.jpg

btw, post a thumbnail of that pic in 1st post.

Last edited:
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i have already ran those test again.. those option dont show up.... i even restored the option given at the bottom in KAV .. it didnt work either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom