K850 sold--->13k.Countdown C905

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
After your posts in a certain thread in the chit-chat section, i have complete faith in your mentalities. :lol:

Really? Should I cry myself to sleep over that? No wait. I don't give a damn. Not about you or anybody else.

And as far as losing faith is concerned, I've lost all faith in your intelligence. Considering how you thought it was wise to draw a parallel between two completely unrelated topics.

pickster

Professional Layabout.
oh god.. do we really need this?
are either of you, ie krazzy or dreamcatcher, going to back down?
i think not. so, there really is no point to continue fighting, is there?

lets behave like civilized human beings and not argue over small things.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Really? Should I cry myself to sleep over that? No wait. I don't give a damn. Not about you or anybody else.

And as far as losing faith is concerned, I've lost all faith in your intelligence. Considering how you thought it was wise to draw a parallel between two completely unrelated topics.

Since we dont get along well, and you hae no interest in thsi thread or anything rleated to me, then please stay out of here and let me run a thread devoid of controversies.

btw, gys, good news, C905 has been released and will be in India by the 2nd week of November.Cant wait.

Btw,
Please give me ur suggestions as to which colour i should consider.

There is silver,Black and copper Gold

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Since we dont get along well, and you hae no interest in thsi thread or anything rleated to me, then please stay out of here and let me run a thread devoid of controversies.

Three things.
First: I didn't start any controversy. In fact I didn't say anything to upset anyone. If your sense of humour has reduced to the point where cannot understand the simple joke about the boy in the pit and actually took it as an offence, then I cannot help it. Also it was you who dragged the stuff that happened in chit-chat here, when there was no need to. So don't go around blaming me for nothing.

Second: Don't tell me which thread I should post in, which thread I shouldn't. There isn't any thread where one is not allowed to post. Only Mods can tell that. I can and will post in any thread I want to.

Third: I don't have any problem with you or any one else on this forum. Whatever may be our brand preferences or anything else stays there and has nothing to do with our private lives. I don't stop talking to people just because he likes a different mobile phone brand than the one I do. But if you do, then there is nothing I can do about it.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
PLEASE! Stop all this fighting! I've had a hard day, and im not keen on taking crap anymore. So you two either kiss and make up, or let me close this thread and miserable you both :p

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
PLEASE! Stop all this fighting! I've had a hard day, and im not keen on taking crap anymore. So you two either kiss and make up, or let me close this thread and miserable you both :p

Kiss and make up sounds like a better idea. :D
Btw don't take out your frustration on us. Go tell that to your boss. Tell him to 'shut up or I'll miserable you'. :lol:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Even i have the black in mind, but i am also considering the copper gold.It kinda looks differnt.Me had a black phone all my life. But I guess will settle for the black neway. LOL
That Copper Gold actually looks girlish. :p Thats why I didn't suggest it.

nikhilpai

Techans
Well guys, finally sold my K850 for a cool 13000 bucks and am eagerly waiting to get my hands on the C905. For those who dunno, C905 sports the best 8 mp cam in the market and is the first non-smartphone to host both wifi with DLNA and gps. It also comes with an upgraded java platform for enhanced gaming purposes.

Should be around 24k, but doesnt matter.I am open to any price out there. :D

Just curious to know why you sold off your K850 even before you had the C905 in your hands??

A quick poll, just to make this thread a bit more useful.

If given a choice between C905 and N85, which one would you guys choose? I know C905 has a better camera, but N85 also has a few aces up it's sleeve. Plus they'll similarly priced so they'll be competing with each other.

So which one would it be, C905 or N85? (My vote goes to N85, btw. The OLED display is too darn irresistable.)

After the announcement of the Nokia 5800, I have stopped thinking of any other mobile (Nokia ones included) :))

If the Nokia 5800 was not there, I would have preferred the N79 over the N85 or the C905. The only major advantage of the N85 over the N79 is a larger OLED display but I don't particularly like sliders. Also I am no fan of the "N81 like design" with the odd looking multimedia key.

And there is no way I will buy a non smartphone, no matter the number of megapixels on it. So the C905 is a strict no-no. Haa, if the C905 had Symbian or Windows Mobile then it was a no brainer.

Last edited:
OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Just curious to know why you sold off your K850 even before you had the C905 in your hands??

I got a nomad who wanted it right now and i was in no mood to let go of this oppurtunity..

BREAKING NEWS

C905 will be available, come the last week of October according to the shops here and its priced at a cool 23,250/-. Super cool .:D

jingalala

Broken In
Initially only black and copper gold colour versions would be available.And copper gold looks mindblowing.
Iam eagerly waiting for the review by you after which I will decide whether to buy C905 or W902 or ZN5.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
C905 vs N96 Browser

*uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KYBvXHI0TjI

Whos faster on Wifi?? :D

C905 vs N96 Autorotate

*uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3EUi6ErdV-U

First impressions by a Retail unit user
First impressions are good. Feels pretty solid, nothing like the W910i etc, more like a Samsung. It seems to be following the C902 for build. Rubberised finish.
Screen is great, like the K850i and C902, very vibrant and high contrast, blacks are black. Not able to try under the sun, as there is no sun...
Buttons large and well spaced, each to use, the on screen font could be smaller to make use of the screen size though.
Camera starts and operates fast, it handles the Xenon much better than the K850i, tried some extreme closeups with it on and no white-out. Did a test in a windowsless room with no light, about normal distance as if it wasa night out in town, none of the ghostly white skin etc, at last.
Video isn't amazing but look ok on the screen.
Media menu is fast, doesn't lag as much as the C702 if you have music over A2DP in the backgroud (I used that a lot so had to test!)
Broswer is ok, fast over wifi, tried youtube and it worked well, not tried Opera mini.
Speaker is good, quality and volume.
Can't work out DLNA stuff, no sign in the menus.
GPS antenna is near the earpiece so won't be blocked by holding the phone/being closed.
Comes with a 2GB M2, wrist strap and M2 reader in the box.

After some playing I've noticed a few changes to the menus, when you go into Messaging, you get Write New, Messages, Email, and you find inbox/outbox etc in Messages.
When you write a message it's a combined editor for SMS and MMS, like the newer Nokias.
The transitions are smooth, everything feels much faster than the last generation.
The camera interface is fast too, all the settings change quickly, startup and shooting times are good. It does feel a lot like a camera. All the controls make you think it is, unlike previous Cyber-shots that didn't quite get there.

The browser is actually brilliant, connecting to wifi is easy, just turn it on and it scans. Once connected it stays on till you stop it.
I tested it against the N96 in store, both on the same wifi connection, trying tto do everything the same time.
The C905 loads much faster, plus it scrolls smoother and with a nice momentum effect. Auto rotate is slightly slower on the C905, but not by much.
The clock in the corner of the BBC home page loads on the C905 but not the N96.

Screen wise the C905 is excellent, very good colours and contrast, the blacks being black is something I liked about the K850i, and this has the scratch resistant glass too.

*forum2.mobile-review.com/showthread.php?t=79681

Last edited:
OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam/sony_ericsson/c905/200810250215Y20RHo.jpg

*www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam/sony_ericsson/c905/200810250217i097K7.jpg

Awesome flash pic.

*www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam/sony_ericsson/c905/200810242216nvKIZG.jpg

OP
dreamcatcher