Which phone is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

v_joy

Journeyman
electrokawal said:
Hi friends!
I am confused between the k790i and the k810i...I don't know which one to buy.
I've heard the following things about both the phones. Plz correct me if I am wrong and guide me as to which phone is better:

1)There is no major difference in software between the 2 phones
2)The k810i has 3G and a video call camera (both useless in India)
3)The keypad of k810i is not user friendly. If u txt msg (SMS) a lot, then the keypad can be a problem.
3)The earpiece speaker of the k810i is uncomfortable for hearing..
4)The k810 is lighter and smaller in size as compared to the k790i.
5)The camera lens slider protection of k810i is more compact than that of k790i.
6)The camera of k790i takes superior pictures than the k810i.
7)The body of the k810i is a fingerprint magnet. You really have to clean it every time u use it otherwise it looks a right mess. Whereas that is not the case with the k790i
8)The k790i comes with a 1GB M2 stick and k810i comes with a 2GB M2 stick(in Mumbai..this fact is confirmed)
9)Since the k810i comes with a 2GB M2 stick, it makes the phone slower than the k790i...(is this fact true? or is it valid only if u fill up the M2 stick upto the brim?)
10)There is a price difference of 2500INR between the 2 phones.
(K790i-Rs 12k and k810i-Rs 14.5k)

1. cant say.........
2. yes.
3. keypad is infact better than k790's. keys r widely spaces and metallic. very gud response.
4. True!!
5. YES. this is the mafor difference. K810i has horizontal slider, so it dosent open accidently & much durable due to its design.
6. no. cameras r same. but i've heard that k810i features improved focus...
7. yeah, it attracts alot of fingerprints. i was suffering with this problem, then after putting a screen guard this problem was resolved!!! (i have k810i)
8. yup!! k810i comes with 2 gb card.
9. no, not at all! infact all SE phones have an advantage over nokia phones is that they dont become sluggish with large memory cards. i've filled over 1.6 GBs(with 6 full length movies!!!) and its running gr8.
10. i dont know the current price, but i bought it for 16k. and k790i was 14,5k - 15k at that time.

GO FOR K810i !!!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
9. no, not at all! infact all SE phones have an advantage over nokia phones is that they dont become sluggish with large memory cards. i've filled over 1.6 GBs(with 6 full length movies!!!) and its running gr8

I don't wanna start a war.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/4.gif
But new nokia phones,doesn't slow due to large memory card.

azzu

AJJU
Cool G5 said:
I don't wanna start a war.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/4.gif
But new nokia phones,doesn't slow due to large memory card.
they may be not slower
but compared to SE they r slower
iam not a FANBOY :))

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
azzu said:
BTW: UNNI : i receive calls when iam connected to INTERNET thru my k790i (Airtel) dunno wats ur Problem
The calls get disabled when you're in mass storage mode, not in pc suite mode which you're in while using net.

OP
E

electrokawal

ELECTRO is here!!
People!
I just realised that I included 2 points with the same serial no...

3)The earpiece speaker of the k810i is uncomfortable for hearing..

So, can u tell me whether this problem is true?

nishantv2003 said:
but there is one more thing, k810i has a hiss sound prob in its ear pice during calls...

Does anyone agree with this???

Last edited:

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
^^ Buy HPM 70 , it is the best earphone (after EP 630)

if i had to buy i'wd go for k810i since it looks better
camera is the same .
keypad of k790 is better .

for 2500 more , k810 is better coz it would be shamefule for u if anyone sees k790

" k790 is the uncle's phone "

and videocall camera , may be useless , but after hackingday it might be u r Webcam .

*img.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/sonyericsson/sonyericsson-k810-00.jpg
*img.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/sonyericsson/sonyericsson-k790-00.jpg

be ready 4G is coming to india!

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
If you want to go for cheap and best, then go for K790i.. the disadvantage is u dont have lot of jazzy stuffs when u compare it with K810i.. so if you think of upgrading new stuffs to ur K790i, then dont go for K790i, coz u can get few stuffs what u wanna upgrade to ur k790i in K810i..

Err.. i would go for K790i, coz i dont want any upgrade and 3G is so far from us.

OP
E

electrokawal

ELECTRO is here!!
deepak_cucek said:
what about the music quality in these 2 phones.....
I guess, the music quality of both is the same and it is as per Sony Ericsson Standards...so that shouldn't be an issue..
Correct me if I am wrong friends!:cool:

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
azzu said:
^ iam connected to net and i just received a CAll ;)
Thats what I just said. See when you connect your SE phone to keep your pc, it gives you two options, file transfer and phone mode (correct me if i'm wrong). If you choose file transfer, which is the USB Mass Storage mode, the phone goes into flight mode and hence does not receive calls. When you choose phone mode, your phone goes into pc suite mode, which you use for net surfing through phone as modem. But the phone remains in normal mode and hence is able to receive calls. I hope i'm clear this time. :)

apacheman

Journeyman
What the Fuss!!! u're buying a cellphone, not ur wife. for god's sake...ur life isnt gonna depend on it..
close ur eyes n pick one. toss head n tails, n choose one.
go for k810i, khalaas!! its superior in every wayy.
no more scrutinizing every nook n cranny of that thingamajig.
be a man! thinkin n pondering too much weakens ur decisions...

OP
E

electrokawal

ELECTRO is here!!
apacheman said:
What the Fuss!!! u're buying a cellphone, not ur wife. for god's sake...ur life isnt gonna depend on it..
close ur eyes n pick one. toss head n tails, n choose one.
go for k810i, khalaas!! its superior in every wayy.
no more scrutinizing every nook n cranny of that thingamajig.
be a man! thinkin n pondering too much weakens ur decisions...

Lolz..:p
Chill dude...
I m planning to take a new phone in around a month's time or something..
So, I m just getting the rite info from the rite place and from the rite people:D !

Keep voting and keep posting!!
Peace out!:)

azzu

AJJU
krazyfrog. said:
Thats what I just said. See when you connect your SE phone to keep your pc, it gives you two options, file transfer and phone mode (correct me if i'm wrong). If you choose file transfer, which is the USB Mass Storage mode, the phone goes into flight mode and hence does not receive calls. When you choose phone mode, your phone goes into pc suite mode, which you use for net surfing through phone as modem. But the phone remains in normal mode and hence is able to receive calls. I hope i'm clear this time. :)
yup ur correct ;) (gotta chekup my Eyes :( )

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
apacheman said:
What the Fuss!!! u're buying a cellphone, not ur wife.
One can buy a wife? Where? How much? Is it with bill or without bill? Will i get a warranty? :D

azzu

AJJU
^ lol really funny DUDE :))
hey apacheman after all its his hard earned money its simple to comment like that but who knows actually it may change his life ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom