Just Overclocked my GT 650M...

player100

Broken In
I am having dell inspiron 17R SE.... It has GT650M 2GB GDDR5 and intel core i7-3610
i overclocked my laptop GPU using MSI Afterburner and used Geeks3D FurMark v1.10.2 for testing temperature and 3DMark 11 Basic version for the improvements....
Actually I have few questions....
1) How much do u think the max temperature should go in a notebook..... in my case the max temp recorded was 81 degree in Burn-In Benchmark 1920 X 1080 15min (AA off)? ( I am using a cooling pad)
2) I increased the default core clock by 135MHz i.e to 969MHz and Memory clock by 200MHz i.e to 2202MHz and it gave me
a score of

SCORE
P2737
GRAPHICS SCORE
PHYSICS SCORE
COMBINED SCORE

------------------------
and before overclocking it was:

SCORE
P2390 3DMarks
GRAPHICS SCORE
PHYSICS SCORE
COMBINED SCORE
-----------------------

so next time i tried to increase the memory clock by more 100MHz( which will be 2302MHz) there is still no difference in the performance.... Why??

3)Do u think it is getting close to GT660M?
4)Any Suggestions?

Note: I am using the latest Driver i.e 306.97-notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
But i can feel a little bit of hit in my left side of laptop above the keypads... I think its ok for me.... but i hope it doesn't destroy my laptop....

and Do u think it is getting close to GT660M?
But 95k for the same.. only temps are high...... my gt650 goes to 92 while on gta iv at stock. :(

OP
P

player100

Broken In
But 95k for the same.. only temps are high...... my gt650 goes to 92 while on gta iv at stock. :(

not completely same.... :)

Actually in the begining i was also planning to buy Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN but then i read some heating issue.... that's why i changed to dell.... But i think that throttling issue is solved now... :)

pratyush997

Inactive

Actually in the begining i was also planning to buy Samsung NP550P5C-S02IN but then i read some heating issue.... that's why i changed to dell.... But i think that throttling issue is solved now... :)
u got enough cash man... And what throttling..its fixed.. Even i got my mobo replaced.. Lappy is rocking now..just its gddr5 which ain't and ssd which ain't worth 35k

dayslleepper

Broken In

Did you ever feel 17R as Large & Heavy ???

pratyush997

Inactive
U forgot the 3D FHD Display.... :)

I am getting used to it...
As a matter of fact its a bit heavy and the battery is not too strong...... :-C
yeah..active 3d....irritative .... btw gt 650 ain't powerful enough to play games on 1080p on 3d... That lappy should have got gt660x to be awesome

Top Bottom