Just got my Nokia N95 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemeall26

Broken In
Hi folks,
I just got my Nokia N95 Mobile and I tell you its a beauty. I wanted to know if I can install smart Movie in N95 ? I have the SmartMovie_S60_lcg.sis file and the following file - Codec_Xvid_S60.sis files with me. Will these two files be enough to install it ? In which folder do I install them in my system folder ? Please do let me know. I would be much much obliged.
thanks in advance
lovemeall26

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Congrats on getting the phone man.
Wat was the price?

And no you will need Smart Movie for S60 3rd edition, its a sisx file not a sis file.
You can get the freeware divxplayer for mobile. Its just like smart movie.
*mobile.divx.com/size

I think however that N95 can natively play iPod videos so you can just get the free ipod video convertorand convert videos to that format and play on phone directly. *www.snapfiles.com/get/jodixipodvideo.html

Josan

Gangsta
Congrated !!!!!!!but let me tell you that nokia n95 does not support sis files it have a diferent OS that supports sisx files .PM me i will give you dirrect link to full version of smart movie!!!!!!!!!!!

Josan

Gangsta
Congrated !!!!!!!but let me tell you that nokia n95 does not support sis files it have a diferent OS that supports sisx files .PM me i will give you dirrect link to full version of smart movie!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
L

lovemeall26

Broken In
Hello folks,
Thanks for all your help. I always get very knowledgeable answers here. This forum really is the best. Well I got the mobile for free - it was gifted to me from a close friend from china,but I was told it was for 1030 US $ which comes to around 42,000 bucks indian. I wonder if it can be so costly coz the Indian version is costing around 27400. Anyway, I am downloading the i-pod convertor and hope the videos play good in them. The real player 3gp videos look hopeless on the TV screen, so I guess any other video format will be better while viewing on the TV. rest is all fine. thanks again folks. bye
lovemeall26

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
You dont need Smartmovie player. You can use the freeware DivX mobile application the link for which is given above. There are many freewares like Super which allow you to convert videos to divX format as well as any other format.

Also, since you have N95, you could as well try the Nokia Video Manager. It will convert the files you have on your comp and transfer them to N95 supported format.

BTW, v12 firmware has just been released for N95. it is a must get, start you Nokia Software updater, as well as you can use FOTA is you have any GPRS connection or WiFi.

ksundar

Broken In
N95 is available for 27.6K in chennai!

I've seen my friend installed 'Smart Movie' v2.41 in N95 and it has built-in codecs! So,you need not install codecs separately!!

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
MOst of the common s60 v3 software work flawlessly in N95! I've more than 30 software including smartmovie installed!

But,it is unfortunate that 'Symbian Signed' is not allowing 'devcert' request so easily! May be due to site maintenance makes us to wait,hopefully??!!

N95 with plenty of software is jus a gr8 phone! As on today,it is the "KING" of mobiles!!

OP
L

lovemeall26

Broken In
yes I have converted mpeg files into .mp4 files through xilisoft and it works much better that 3gp files, I mean the clarity is much better and it works full screen too. But I guess it is not as clear as smart movie. Maybe I will get the smart movie installed too. But can anyone explain the exact way of doing it. I would be much obliged. thanks once again
lovemeall26

kumarmohit

Technomancer
You have to get the sisx file meant for S60 3rd edition.

BTW mp4 is a better format than SM's XVid so you shud try increasing the bit rate of mp4 to get better quality.

Pathik

Google Bot
get smartmovie.. Purchase it or register it by some means.. Install the xvid codec and play..
U can also use the free alternative - divx player

OP
L

lovemeall26

Broken In
I guess kumarmohit is right. .mp4 format is quite good, instead of installing smart movie and making things complicated, I guess I will rather increase the bit rate and hence the video quality. One more thing I wanted to ask - I keep seeing that S60 softwares work on N95. So you mean all softwares that used to work on Nokia 6600 will also work in N95 provided it is in .sisx format ? If that is so, then it would be great coz I believe 6600 mobs have the most types of softwares that it could support. anyway, thanks once again
lovemeall26

Pathik

Google Bot
nope os9 apps r different 4m the os7/8 apps.. U cant use 6600 apps in ur n95.. Btw i like xvid avi movies more than mp4 ones.. Nd its not complicated at all..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom