Just asking stupid question

Status
Not open for further replies.

boosters

In the zone
How to make a bootable CD on a nero 7. I have a file which was a 3 GB and i want to burn this on a DVD through nero 7. This file is a ISO File . I have seen a nero 7 but there is no bootable option was there. Can someone help me on this matter. :))

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
How to make a bootable CD on a nero 7. I have a file which was a 3 GB and i want to burn this on a DVD through nero 7. This file is a ISO File . I have seen a nero 7 but there is no bootable option was there. Can someone help me on this matter. :))

Is this DVD you want to burn a bootable one ? I mean the ISO itself ? When you are burning a ISO of some OS into a DVD like linux then it is already bootable. You do not need to make it bootable again via something. Just burn it and start using. :D

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Try this..
Open Nero 7 Data-->Nero Burning rom
Cancel the screen which comes up for "New Compilation"
Go to Menu Recorder --> Burn Image and select your ISO file

OP
B

boosters

In the zone
Try this..
Open Nero 7 Data-->Nero Burning rom
Cancel the screen which comes up for "New Compilation"
Go to Menu Recorder --> Burn Image and select your ISO file

I have selected a ISO file but it is showing an error "Sorry, this is not a valid Nero disc image file" :confused:

Is this DVD you want to burn a bootable one ? I mean the ISO itself ? When you are burning a ISO of some OS into a DVD like linux then it is already bootable. You do not need to make it bootable again via something. Just burn it and start using. :D

No it is not already bootable. i have just make a ISO file and now i want to make a bootable which was i don't know how to make.

Last edited:

See, if u simply made an image(copy) of a bootable disc, then ur image(.iso) is also bootable.
To Burn it using Nero(all versions).
1. Open Nero Express.
2.Go to Image,Project,Copy and select Disc Image or saved projects.
3. Browse and select ur iso file.
4 Choose a burn speed, I prefer 24X for installation CDs.
when u finish burning , the CD/DVD which u get is bootable.

And Nero does support .iso format...no issues.

And if the .iso which u have is not of a bootable CD, then u need to create a boot sector. But I have never done that , so wont be able to help in that ragard.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Yes Nero supports ISO. The exisiting ISO you have is not bootable as the boot loader is not present in the same. What is it that you want to boot into?

If you have the bootimage then software like Magic ISO can help you create a bootable ISO that you can burn to DVD/CD using Nero or the Magic ISO itself.

OP
B

boosters

In the zone
The best software i have found is imgburn which was very easy to make a bootable CD/DVD from ISO or img file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom