Job Opportunities for SEO??

Status
Not open for further replies.

janeash

Right off the assembly line
Current Scenario is going towards online marketing,so is there any good job opportunities for SEO people available in India....It's urgently needed.

shashankm

I reign hell..
Yup..there is. Though you'll have to start at base level but then growth is good and within 2 years your package can go upto 32-35K easily. Very demanding field...Reputed brands, such as flipkart, nokia, adobe et al pay crores of moolahs just to stay at top in google ranks! So there is definetly good scope in it.
It may get monotonous after a while but then doesn't every thing?

roady

Digital Marketer
Yes.. SEO is a very good field.. I personally love it cause I'm an SEO analyst. But yeah, watch out for the pay in the starting.. it's really bad in India as compared to US/UK/Canada.

krazylearner

poor little me
Current Scenario is going towards online marketing,so is there any good job opportunities for SEO people available in India....It's urgently needed.

Most of the work is outsourced to small seo workers.Most big companies depend on foreign seo companies . Task is repetitive . And pay is little as compared to work .

Hrishi

Only if you can bear the low scale payment grade in the begining.
I have a friend who is Social Media Manager and earns decent salary of 40-45K/month in Delhi.

Though in the begining this will be very hard.

mitraark

Decrepit
Most of the work is outsourced to small seo workers.Most big companies depend on foreign seo companies . Task is repetitive . And pay is little as compared to work .

This. You can hardly expect to land am SEO Job from a big firm , you will mostly have to work for smaller websites. I helped out a freelance SEO manager , work was simple but repetitive and somewhat labor intensive.

shashankm

I reign hell..
Its not as bad guys, I mean 5-7K (in some cases even 9K) for a 17 year old fresher certainly isn't that bad. I see many 20-21 year old guys riding their self earned bikes and gizmos of the world that put me to shame! :p
Yeah work hours aren't fixed and you might be required to work extra hours but if dedication is there, then there's no turning back! Always lookout for SEO company that grants 2 days off in week, you'll need it! ;)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Something I read somewhere. Just thought of sharing.
I've noticed a trend in modern SEO which involves shitting up your URLs and shitting up your content to meet some imaginary standards.

Krow

Crowman
SEO hmmm. Aren't these the same guys who run "tech blogs" with content "sourced" from other blogs and post it on forums with high pagerank?

roady

Digital Marketer
SEO hmmm. Aren't these the same guys who run "tech blogs" with content "sourced" from other blogs and post it on forums with high pagerank?

they might post on a forum having a high PR. But every time they create a new thread, they're basically wasting their time w.r.t PR. Cause every time you make a "new" "url", the PR is n/a. So they gain nothing out of it. UNLESS. The admin decides to put it on the homepage or some static page having some really good PR.

Besides, syndication only works with reputed sites like TOI. They still rank for almost all web pages where they put syndicated content.

SEO is just.. it might actually die in 2 years. Seriously. The way things are moving towards social, gone are those days of people doing URL blasts and what not manic things.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
roady has nailed it.

Currently most of this SEO noobfest is equivalent to only spamming in forums and making the lives of moderators difficult.

Krow

Crowman
True that. It's amazing how many times toi content is actually sourced from agencies/wire.

OP
J

janeash

Thank you all for all your info you provided me,it will be a grt help to me...Thanks once again to all.

KimiSin

Yes there are great opportunities in SEO Sector in India. As Indian market is growing day by day and hence the possibilities are increasing in this field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom