JEE Main Ranks Incorrect

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Source : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/education/175473-post-your-jee-mains-rank.html#post1952822

Thanks to : KDroid

this shows how biased the JEE Main ranks are :

2 Students' details

Muneet
Roll no:83201759
DOB 27/04/1994
QE percentile:99.25
Mains percentile:98.55
board:jammu and kashmir

Arjun suri
Roll no.:83207527
DOB:15/01/1995
QE percentile:98.87
Mains percentile:98.04
Board: Jammu and Kashmir

how can this happen? :shock:

I have checked their results from cbse website. the info is correct.

please redirect me to some website where we can report this.
CBSE has done a very big mistake, it has to take some action now.

Last edited:
OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
ATTENTION JEE MAIN Aspirants

Please Guys Click on the Google Docs Link and fill up the form, more Persons Signing the petition, more chances we have to have our Justice :

*www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/cbs...ormalization-for-cbse-jee-main-ranking-2013-3

Direct link to Google Docs Form :

*docs.google.com/forms/d/15G-3UmKAs4ffMJPXaCQcMpH4LcYVx_IulmgVIBJnLMA/viewform?pli=1

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Nothing is going to happen in this regards unless someone goes to court. RTI may work too but then other marks will not be investigated.

OK, last year one of my friend at college told me that after writing AIEEE offline & comparing his answers with key he should have got ~175 but when the results came, he got only 135. (Got NIT because he was OBC)

He also went for court case but no change, they said him that, u have already got admission, so what's the point in continuing case.........

Last edited:

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
^^ already appealed in court buddy.
have you even read the change.org page ? :rolleyes:

Yes read that after posting here. I am a non engineer. I am wondering if I should fill in the change.org form too. And what is the importance of getting any critical number of digital signatures?

Yes read that after posting here. I am a non engineer. I am wondering if I should fill in the change.org form too. And what is the importance of getting any critical number of digital signatures?

Its like real signature, with that digital signature we can say that these many people want the change.... blah! blah! blah!

If u feel its right, sign it, it doesn't depend on u being a engineer or not. If this happened to ur brother or some other relative, then ???

I personally think CBSE students should get more marks by normalisation than state board students, because CBSE board exams are tough(I've passed it last year), but what happened to those students are not right. It too much..........there shouldn't be such high difference between CBSE & state boards.

Last edited:
OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Its like real signature, with that digital signature we can say that these many people want the change.... blah! blah! blah!

If u feel its right, sign it, it doesn't depend on u being a engineer or not. If this happened to ur brother or some other relative, then ???

I personally think CBSE students should get more marks by normalisation than state board students, because CBSE board exams are tough(I've passed it last year), but what happened to those students are not right. It too much..........there shouldn't be such high difference between CBSE & state boards.

see the thing .. eh !! ?
I gave WBCHSE Board exams, I have heard a fact from many persons (almost all to whom this discussion of "which board is tougher" goes on..) the fact is that X% in WBCHSE corressponds to (X+20)% in CBSE board.
now, having said that,
I personally feel, no board is harder or Tougher, actually, curriculum of some boards (like CBSE is so much better that its logical to say that they can grasp the concept better. I mean the Sequence of different topics.)
for example, we had current Electricity in class 11 and the whole lot of Electrostatics and caps and all in class 12.
does that help, I dont know what Sequence CBSE guys have(i mean current, electrostatics, caps, etc..)

one more thing i would like to say, that being a Statistics student in HS, I can calculate which formula is Biased or not depending upon the different parameters included in the formula and which one of them is biased.)
and I have calculated it to be Purely Biased.

yes you can.. and yes its legal..
just fillup the short form the right hand side of the page that appears on the first link i gave, (change.org one) .
its for anybody who thinks that normalisation processis biased and skewed.
Thanks.
P. S. : the google docs form is only for those who are JEE Main 2013 aspirants

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Roll No: 83201759
Name: MUNEET
Mother's Name: SMT. SANTOSH KUMARI
Father's Name: SH. TIRATH RAM
Category: NONE Sub-Category: NONE
State Code of Eligibility: (15) JAMMU & KASHMIR
Percentile Score in Qualifying Examination : 99.25
All India Percentile Score in JEE(Main)-2013 Paper I : 98.55 Paper II : 0.00

JEE (Main) Score (a)
Qualifying Examination Normalized Score (b) Total {60% of (a + 40% of (b)} (c)
Paper Subjects Marks Obtained
Paper - I Physics 47 167.42 177.97
Chemistry 85
Mathematics 53
Total 185
Paper - II Mathematics NA NA NA
Aptitude Test NA
Drawing Test NA
Total NA

Roll No: 83207527
Name: ARJUN SURI
Mother's Name: PROMILLA SURI
Father's Name: PADAM BUSHAN SURI
Category: NONE Sub-Category: NONE
State Code of Eligibility: (15) JAMMU & KASHMIR
Percentile Score in Qualifying Examination : 98.87
All India Percentile Score in JEE(Main)-2013 Paper I : 98.04 Paper II : 0.00

JEE (Main) Score (a)
Qualifying Examination Normalized Score (b) Total {60% of (a + 40% of (b)} (c)
Paper Subjects Marks Obtained
Paper - I Physics 35 210.00 186.60
Chemistry 85
Mathematics 51
Total 171
Paper - II Mathematics NA NA NA
Aptitude Test NA
Drawing Test NA
Total NA

Arjun has higher normalized score(b) and total so this explains the ranking :)

Last edited:
OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ Exactly, thats what we are fighting against.
first see for yourself which one of them is better.
muneet has got more percentile in his board exams, more marks/percentile in JEE MAin too.
still he has lower Normalised score.
which thereby is a proof that the Normalization procedure is biased and skewed too.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
To destroy a country:
First step destroy the foundation of family homes, in order to do that corrupt the women.
Second step destroy youth moral about the system i.e. the country to do that introduce quota system. So hardworking students' work will go to vein because the low merit(as per exam) students will get the seats which originaly should go to the hardworking students. Now after few iteration of this system those who were watching their seniors, inspite of having higher merit/rank(as per securing higher ranks in competitive exam) would not get a good college, they will not want to do that hardwork. What's the point of hardwork if it does not get you any results in LIFE??

Now we have a system where very few homes exists + a system where these low merit students are rulling. And history has shown us when you give power to very poor minded people, all fails.

India is getting closure to that point now.

This normalization process is exactly practicing the second point.

Indian board exam system is a joke. It's a test of who can memorise best rather than who have grasped the knowledge. This prior statement may sound philosophical, but if you look closely it's the notion of a country's students thus the country itself. We as a country is going backward in terms of progress. We have too few R&D Institutions. But we do get talent in the terms of those "backbenchers" . These don't get funding for R&D from govt. Some of them who have money go to other Universities in US/US/AUS... and invent things which that contry copyrights. Then the same thing comes to India with 100, sometimes thousand times the price.
How can one understand the need of R&D if not properly educated. In our country the decision makers are mostly "angutha chap".

Brain drain is very high in India.

Actually reservation is required but politicians play politics with reservation. Reservation should be based on family income & not based on caste/community. There are some brilliant minds even in poor class people. But if that poor student is in general category, then no top level institution for him as he can't afford the fees for coaching classes.....

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ exactly.
you are taking up a much bigger prospect, but buddy, it just takes a few clicks and not more that one minute to sign the petition, please do it staraight away for the good of all

CSAB removed the links to AIEEE 2012 Opening and Closing ranks Today morning. :evil:

and they haven't put any link for paying the fees. :-x
so a wild guess from me goes like : ar they considering the plea seriously, actually, they better do. but what will they do in return ?:rolleyes:

^^ exactly.
you are taking up a much bigger prospect, but buddy, it just takes a few clicks and not more that one minute to sign the petition, please do it staraight away for the good of all

CSAB removed the links to AIEEE 2012 Opening and Closing ranks Today morning. :evil:

and they haven't put any link for paying the fees. :-x
so a wild guess from me goes like : ar they considering the plea seriously, actually, they better do. but what will they do in return ?:rolleyes:
I signed it long ago............ :enforcer2:

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Guys how do we know that these both kids are from j&k board???
they might be from different board.
and should i do a court case?? I'm seriously considering it....

Top Bottom