JAVA or DOT Net... NIIT 99days program

~~Big Boss~~

Broken In
One Of my frnd is going to enroll into the NIIT 99days job guarantee program.
But he is bit confused whether to choose Java or Dot net.
I told him to go for java, but would really like to know some other ppl's views about this matter.

His doubts are:
Which one would be good for career?
Which one has more scope and bright future?
Which one pays more?

the institute says it will provide job for both languages....

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Both the languages are good in their own. It can never be said as Java is better than .NET or .NET is better than Java. Each have their own prospects.

Scope is there for both. But I think in this case Java is lil' forward too .NET.

I would personally recommend Java.

A

Amit Beniwal

my opinion is strongly go for programming concepts rather than java or don net when you learn more n more programming as on lather stage you will surprize to know all are delivering same thing but the think you should know that how you utilize the best of a language in a project and don't forgot that future sceanerio is to delivery the most comphrensive solutions either by java, .net or by using any scripting langauge. now the horizion is changing by utlizing the Cloud computing i am sure the furtuer is open source and good for scripting language.
amit beniwal, Sr. programmer

RavS

Kiddie Coder
I can't tell which one is better than from the scope of future. Because both are well paid fields.

But I must tell you that, Sun has recently been acquired by Oracle, and James Gosling (one of the creators of Java) has left the company. So future of Java, at present, looks doubtful. While .Net is still under good control of M'Soft.

Having said that, I would also like to stress that Java is open source and is platform independent. While .Net is proprietary and still mostly geared towards Windows platform.

I have studied both .Net(C#) (a bit) and Java. And I found C# was almost Java but with a different name.

Final call is up to ur friend. As Amit said, what matters more is that u learn the programming concepts better.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
One Of my frnd is going to enroll into the NIIT 99days job guarantee program.
But he is bit confused whether to choose Java or Dot net.
I told him to go for java, but would really like to know some other ppl's views about this matter.

His doubts are:
Which one would be good for career?
Which one has more scope and bright future?
Which one pays more?

the institute says it will provide job for both languages....

That depends upon your friends interest. Java and .NET both are good.

Before that ask him to go through the OOPS concepts very well and then decide which one to go with.

I liked .NET for its simplicity and the same makes me leave it. That doesnt mean i hate .NET, that means i like .NET but need something very challenging to do. So chose Java, learned it and start climbing in the ladder with J2EE,J2ME and learning new frameworks. So its purely his opinion. Someone like .NET much that Java.

Regarding Career both technologies have a good scope.

Pay depends on company, experience, your performance. So whatever technology it is, just love it and learn it. This will get you what you want?

freecoder

Right off the assembly line
Java always rocks!!!!!!!!

But it always depends on personal taste...

Before enrolling any course one should crosscheck himself....

sarah_9

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

.NET more easy to find job, there are few companies in India working completely on Java in comparison to java.

Regards,
sarah_9

tuxybuzz

Ballack Junior
hi..i have just completed this NIIT 99 day java program..its cool..i can't really tell you if .net would be better but as someone above me said..its personal taste..I am not a huge fan of microsoft hence i went for java.
oh and btw..I don't know for myselft(as iam still in B.Tech Second Year..:O) but not everyone gets a job..because everyone can't sustain it to the end..my batch started with 25 and now there are only 5..
and 99 day might not exactly be 99..usually overshoots...

Top Bottom