Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Let the links do the talking:
*files.filefront.com/Quantum+of+Solace+Demo/;11994041;/fileinfo.html
*www.fileshack.com/file_download.x/13041#
*www.gamershell.com/download_33818.shtml
*www.fileshack.com/file.x/13041/Quantum+of+Solace+Demo

It seems to be 700MB demo with only 5 minutes of gameplay.Didn't get time to download as got the link towards the end of my Night Unlimited download session & none of these site actually make it easy for me to download.:mad:

Will download tonight & give you guys a heads up.:)

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just can't wait.I still have to just sit & watch while people download this demo & play it.I tried 10 times on FileShag but apparently it doesn't allow me to register properly.Gamershell is capped & is the worst possible download site ever.Will have to wait for some good links to sprout up.:(

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Sh1t ! I dont have a Windows OS on my PC ATM but will be installing XP soon today after I get my new HDD. Will try it out.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just completed playing the Demo.It was extremely short for a 700MB demo.Hardly 3 minutes long.Game looks really intense but the level which was provided in the demo was hardly any reflection of the actual potential of the COD 4 engine.The textures seemed a bit dull & the weapon holding was centred unlike to the sides in most FPS.The game ran very smoothly & very intelligently set the graphics automatically to my optimal settings.But the game was capped at 30Fps.Hope it's not the same in the full version else PC owners will be really furious.

The gameplay pattern is the same as Gears of War but only in FPS mode instead of TPS.You can take cover against any wall & even move from wall to wall by pressing 'E' button.Rest of the controls are pretty standard.I encountered a melee combat combo mode but didn't know what to press, so it failed.The game still has a lot more to offer judging from the early demo.The level was really very poor but I hope the full game has a host of good locations.

Overall I feel it's a neat effort from Beenox in terms of developing it for the PC.So without further delay let me post some screenies.
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/23833_xzqbu/1.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/23834_hazjs/1%20%281%29.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/23835_feuqu/1%20%282%29.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/23836_hnfi1/1%20%283%29.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/23837_mjyef/1%20%284%29.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/23838_qxofu/jb_sp_s%202008-10-08%2009-56-34-82.jpg

Played @1280x1024 with everything maxed out & 4X AA applied.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Just completed playing the Demo.It was extremely short for a 700MB demo.Hardly 3 minutes long.Game looks really intense but the level which was provided in the demo was hardly any reflection of the actual potential of the COD 4 engine.The textures seemed a bit dull & the weapon holding was centred unlike to the sides in most FPS.The game ran very smoothly & very intelligently set the graphics automatically to my optimal settings.But the game was capped at 30Fps.Hope it's not the same in the full version else PC owners will be really furious.

The gameplay pattern is the same as Gears of War but only in FPS mode instead of TPS.You can take cover against any wall & even move from wall to wall by pressing 'E' button.Rest of the controls are pretty standard.I encountered a melee combat combo mode but didn't know what to press, so it failed.The game still has a lot more to offer judging from the early demo.The level was really very poor but I hope the full game has a host of good locations.

Overall I feel it's a neat effort from Beenox in terms of developing it for the PC.So without further delay let me post some screenies.
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/23833_xzqbu/1.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/23834_hazjs/1%20%281%29.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/23835_feuqu/1%20%282%29.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/23836_hnfi1/1%20%283%29.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/23837_mjyef/1%20%284%29.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/23838_qxofu/jb_sp_s%202008-10-08%2009-56-34-82.jpg

Played @1280x1024 with everything maxed out & 4X AA applied.

Looks good.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@sam: It's classified as an FPS even though during cover system you can actually get a TPS view.Yes it is similar to Vegas style cover system which seems to be used a lot these days.You can check in 2 of my screenshots above & notice that you can see Bond duck & cover system.The blind fire is very accurate.The health regeneration is present as well.Surprisingly, our health depletes at a lot faster rate if you get caught in a close firefight.

Is it worth to get the game? For a Bond Fan hell yeah.I would definitely give the full version a shot.From that gameplay videos I have seen, the levels are far diverse than this one level.The melee combat system & stealth kills would be interesting too.That's not covered in this demo & so I won't let the game go just yet.;)

Last edited:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Not the game give me the damned movie. I want to see it. Sony/UA get your act together and get the movie faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.