i've 3 question2ask u... TV-TUNER, REMOTE, MONITOR,

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Dear friends,
1**
i've internal INTEX tv-tuner card. It has 3 input source that are: TV, COMPOSITE, S-VIDEO. i want to know that what is the use of COMPOSITE and S-VIDEO??

2**
Is it possible to use any color TV set as monitor for my pc?? if yes, how??

3**
i've intex tv remote, which works only with winDVR v2 , why its not working with winDVR v3 ??
And is it possible to use this remote for controlling other application like: WMP11, winamp, vlc etc????

Reply soon........

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
Re: i've **3** question2ask u... TV-TUNER, REMOTE, MONITOR,

2. Well my bro has done this a lotta times. What I learnt is, u have to connect the lead out from ur tv-tuner/graphics card to the video input of TV!

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

wat abt other questions?

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer

1. Its better to refer to the bundled manuals that came along!
3. No idea! U may install windvr v2.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005

Using a TV set as a monitor is not recommended unless the TV has a really good picture quality and screen size....

saurav29

Waiting for 3 Miracles...

mediator said:
2. Well my bro has done this a lotta times. What I learnt is, u have to connect the lead out from ur tv-tuner/graphics card to the video input of TV!

mediate on the question Dude......???:grin::twisted:

Have you seen an Intex internal Tv tuner card with TV-out???

------------------------------------------------------------
read the post it says he had 3 input sources...... Not ouput........:)

Connectig to TV through TV tuner Card out of Question dude....... If you can connect to TV why the heck you needed the Tuner in the first place...??

--------------------------------------------------------------
Ans 1) They are type of interfaces you need to give input to tv tuner to process ........ one is RF antenna input you can't miss it as similar to your TV input you plug in the cable connection and you are setup for watching the Tv on PC.........

S-Video comes in mainly two types of connectors ....... 5pin S-Video and 7 pin S video.... you will need S -Video Cable to connect external standalone devices (easily available in market ranging from 50 bucks to 200 bucks depending on quality) such as DVD Players, VCR's, Camcorders. and TV but not for output but to recieve signal from them ... to play in your computer... you have to choose s video as the source in WinDVR(you use)
S video is better than your TV and Composite as the separate brightness and color signals are kept separate and you will need S video connector at one end and AV connector at other end (White, Yellow and Red Pins) connect to corresponding sockets at the back of your Standalone device (out ports and you are set up.......)

Composite again you will need a cable composite at one end and AV connectors at another ... connect like above....... they will give you inferior quality signal as Brightness (Y) and color (C) signals are combined into one "composite" signal.

Some cards have a single AV yellow port also known as Video In ... So in order to in the audio .. The Standard AV cable (Red, Yellow And White) supplied with TV and DVD players also available in markets... The red (Left Audio and White Right Audio need to be spliced and Fitted with Headphone or speaker pin to input audio either through Audio in of Tv- Tuner Card or Blue socket (Line In) of your sound card..........

The best one is the component video port if you have it then you have HD support to your device ......as componet displays HDTV resolutions up to 720p or 1080i (including 720p or 1080i "modified" to display at 1080p). Component video requires less processing than single-RCA (composite) or s-video signals require. Component video is often described as Y/B-Y/R-Y, YUV or as Y/Pb/Pr and ports are often marked as such.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ans 2) yes you can use is as a monitor but tell me you have an LCD TV or BIG ass large screen TV you wanna watch Movies or play game on.....???
Then you will need a Video card with any one of the above options S Video, Component Video, Composite Video or Video Out AV Scocket(Yellow) then you can connect in the same way now you are outing the signal from computer and Connecting it to TV.......
hope you understand that you will not be able to do this through Tv Tuner card as it has INPUT and Not Output .. The reason these ports are there in TV tuner is so that it can be enabled to capture streaming video from standalone devices.........

Ans3) check remote control options the reasons are many may be some incomplete or incorrect installation of WinDVR or it has the profile of your remote control or matching it to some to work you can dig and see which one is missing and transfer from windvr 2 to make it work in WinDVR 3.0...
long time back I used cineplayer DVR and Added the profile of my Avermedia Tuner Card manually to make the remote work.... So cannot me of much help to you for that dude.........

Catch ya Later
Peace
Raj

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent

thnx bro.

saurav29 said:
mediate on the question Dude......???:grin::twisted:

Have you seen an Intex internal Tv tuner card with TV-out???

------------------------------------------------------------
read the post it says he had 3 input sources...... Not ouput........:)

Connectig to TV through TV tuner Card out of Question dude....... If you can connect to TV why the heck you needed the Tuner in the first place...??

--------------------------------------------------------------
Ans 1) They are type of interfaces you need to give input to tv tuner to process ........ one is RF antenna input you can't miss it as similar to your TV input you plug in the cable connection and you are setup for watching the Tv on PC.........

S-Video comes in mainly two types of connectors ....... 5pin S-Video and 7 pin S video.... you will need S -Video Cable to connect external standalone devices (easily available in market ranging from 50 bucks to 200 bucks depending on quality) such as DVD Players, VCR's, Camcorders. and TV but not for output but to recieve signal from them ... to play in your computer... you have to choose s video as the source in WinDVR(you use)
S video is better than your TV and Composite as the separate brightness and color signals are kept separate and you will need S video connector at one end and AV connector at other end (White, Yellow and Red Pins) connect to corresponding sockets at the back of your Standalone device (out ports and you are set up.......)

Composite again you will need a cable composite at one end and AV connectors at another ... connect like above....... they will give you inferior quality signal as Brightness (Y) and color (C) signals are combined into one "composite" signal.

Some cards have a single AV yellow port also known as Video In ... So in order to in the audio .. The Standard AV cable (Red, Yellow And White) supplied with TV and DVD players also available in markets... The red (Left Audio and White Right Audio need to be spliced and Fitted with Headphone or speaker pin to input audio either through Audio in of Tv- Tuner Card or Blue socket (Line In) of your sound card..........

The best one is the component video port if you have it then you have HD support to your device ......as componet displays HDTV resolutions up to 720p or 1080i (including 720p or 1080i "modified" to display at 1080p). Component video requires less processing than single-RCA (composite) or s-video signals require. Component video is often described as Y/B-Y/R-Y, YUV or as Y/Pb/Pr and ports are often marked as such.
Ans 2) yes you can use is as a monitor but tell me you have an LCD TV or BIG ass large screen TV you wanna watch Movies or play game on.....???
Then you will need a Video card with any one of the above options S Video, Component Video, Composite Video or Video Out AV Scocket(Yellow) then you can connect in the same way now you are outing the signal from computer and Connecting it to TV.......
hope you understand that you will not be able to do this through Tv Tuner card as it has INPUT and Not Output .. The reason these ports are there in TV tuner is so that it can be enabled to capture streaming video from standalone devices.........

Ans3) check remote control options the reasons are many may be some incomplete or incorrect installation of WinDVR or it has the profile of your remote control or matching it to some to work you can dig and see which one is missing and transfer from windvr 2 to make it work in WinDVR 3.0...
long time back I used cineplayer DVR and Added the profile of my Avermedia Tuner Card manually to make the remote work.... So cannot me of much help to you for that dude.........

Catch ya Later
Peace
Raj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom