It's Official. Research Proves Internet Explorer Users Are Dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Source: It's Official. Research Proves Internet Explorer Users Are Dumb

Have you been using Microsoft Internet Explorer to surf the web lately? If the answer is 'yes', then according to a report from the AptiQuant Psychometric Consulting Co., you may have a deficiency of intellectual acuity, or in simpler words, you have a low IQ!

Of course, no one wants to be labeled 'unintelligent' for no reason, and rightly so. But here’s what the researchers down at AptiQuant did to arrive at this result: A Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (IV) test was given to 101,326 people over a period of four weeks. All the subjects were randomly chosen from English-speaking countries over Internet search engines. These subjects then had to undergo a Verbal, Performance and Full Scale IQ test. From the results that were computed, it was observed that most of the individuals who obtained a low IQ score were found to be using Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Read On.....

EDIT:

Thanks to azzu for pointing this out. Its a hoax :lol:
*tech2.in.com/news/web-services/ie-user-you-may-not-be-dumb-after-all/233892

Last edited by a moderator:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Re: It's Official. Research Proves Internet Explorer Users Are DumbIt's Official. Res

Those who are not "tech savvy" obviously will use Internet explorer. Since they are not aware of "third party browsers" and not sure its safe or not, they stick to internet explorer. However deeming them as dumb is as plain retarded. The writer is obviously is smoking some REALLY BAD leaf :p.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Re: It's Official. Research Proves Internet Explorer Users Are DumbIt's Official. Res

agree. It is the author who is dumb here. I have tried IE9 and as a matter of fact, it is pretty good. These stupid analysts or whatever just need attention.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Hardly makes sense. Just placing quantified data with meaningless insights.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

Users of IE6 and IE8 are pretty limited with their computers no doubt of that. Since they are simply using the bundled browser of the most used OS.

Note that, IE9 is a good browser and better than Safari, I have to say.

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!

Those who are not "tech savvy" obviously will use Internet explorer. Since they are not aware of "third party browsers" and not sure its safe or not, they stick to internet explorer. However deeming them as dumb is as plain retarded. The writer is obviously is smoking some REALLY BAD leaf :p.

Oops = I Didn't know that :-o

IE 9 is a good browser IMO . It may not be as good as Firefox or Opera for that matter but it is a good 3rd browser when visitors use your laptop and you tell them to only use IE :p

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!

^^ True. Issue is some people just don't understand. Just because Product A is better thab Product B, people deem Product B as an "inferior" product. Its not an inferior product necessarily, its just not in the same league as Product A. Its as simple as that.

Looks like some will simply hire anyone from "Jhaadi ke peeche"! :p

sakumar79

Technomancer

1. Reminds me of the research joke - a man has a spider than jumps when he says JUMP. He breaks one of its legs and says JUMP, it jumps. He breaks another legs and says JUMP, it jumps... He continues this and finally after breaking all its legs, he says JUMP it doesnt jump... He concludes from the research that if you break all the legs of a spider, it becomes deaf...

2. On the other hand, if this had been funded by MS, there would have been a completely different spin to it - possibly something like IE is the easiest browser to use.

Arun

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

the author is an extraordinary nerd.

imo, IE UI is very easy to understand & operate.

its like sending SMS in Nokia vs SE phones :p

^^ True. Issue is some people just don't understand. Just because Product A is better thab Product B, people deem Product B as an "inferior" product. Its not an inferior product necessarily, its just not in the same league as Product A. Its as simple as that.

Looks like some will simply hire anyone from "Jhaadi ke peeche"! :p

I cant agree more . You use product A but dont slate the product B . I find IE 7 ok since I have to use that in Office. Off course It wont match Firefox .

sygeek

Technomancer

IE9 is decent, and many users do prefer it over other browsers. Unless the article refers to IE6, I ain't believing this.

OP
NucleusKore

NucleusKore

TheSaint

The question is, did the author say IE is a bad browser?

NO

sakumar79

Technomancer

^^ Maybe not, but the title directly suggests that any one who uses IE is stupid... That sounds just as bad as the FUD that MS raises on Linux... (Just a comparison, not trying to raise a Win vs Lin fight)...

Arun

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

the author is an extraordinary nerd.

imo, IE UI is very easy to understand & operate.

its like sending SMS in Nokia vs SE phones :p

You are active, i thought you left the forum.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!

The question is, did the author say IE is a bad browser?

NO
But he did question IE User's intelligence. Its obvious whoever this idiot made the ROFLCOPTER content wanted to provoke people for a good reason and its mentioned on the article below:
If you're looking to prove these guys wrong, you'd either need to be invited or you could opt to pay a fee, which run into hundreds of dollars to take the tests.

Truth be told, there are many such samples that claim many retarded "findings". I doubt "AptiQuant Psychometric Consulting Co." has a history of putting up credible surveys. Googling out shows the first page itself is filled with this crap. I don't know why reporters/journalists/bloggers are wasting time to attention seeking trolls. They of all people should know that such idiots will do anything for viral media outcry. Nothing else to say?

((When I said author, I meant this guy: *www.aptiquant.com/IQ-Browser-AptiQuant-2011.pdf)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

welcome back NucleusKore sir. :p

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
:lol:

It's not the author who is dumb!! Research was conducted by AptiQuant Psychometric Consulting Co. !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom