It could have been me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Source : *in.news.yahoo.com/32/20090504/1074/tod-it-could-have-been-me.html

On Thursday morning, I got a shock. Staring up from the front pages of newspapers was a news report about my new Facebook friend, arrested on charges of rape and videotaping the act. I read through the details and there was no doubt that it was the same man who popped up on my social networking site account a few months ago.

Now that I recall, he had been trying exactly the same ploy on me that he allegedly tried on his victim. The rape survivor said that the man had asked her out to lunch, tricked her into going to his south Delhi home, raped her and then told her he had the rape videotaped. If she tried to speak out, the clip would be released. The papers said there might be more such victims.

I could easily have been one of those victims. This girl met the accused online, and so did I. He invited her out, and he had asked me for a date, too. Repeatedly. What if I had given in?

The man appeared on my Facebook page one day with just a line, "Hey, how are you doing?" I accepted his friend request as we had a mutual facebook friend and he claimed that he was from the Northeast, as I am. Though a stranger, he started chatting with me as if we were close friends. During our first chat, he asked me out to coffee and promised a ride in his "swanky sports car". He was a charmer, and I might have fallen for it had I not been in a relationship. He invited me to a party at a popular nightclub in a five star hotel.

"Hey, call me when you reach the party," he said. The next moment, his mobile number was in the chat box. Telling him that I have a boyfriend did not faze him. Check out this message: "Oh! You know what, you'll find me interesting. Why don't we meet and get to know each other. I am more interesting than your boyfriend. And does he have a sports car like mine, nah right?"

Source : *in.news.yahoo.com/32/20090504/1074/tod-it-could-have-been-me.html

Last edited:

azzu

AJJU
hey gaurav for a second i thought u were a girl
jokes apart
onlne frauds are becoming more and more dangeraous people shud thnk twice bfore acting

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
hey gaurav for a second i thought u were a girl
jokes apart
onlne frauds are becoming more and more dangeraous people shud thnk twice bfore acting

+1 lol
even i thought same for a sec...i thought coolg5 cud hav been rapped(wtf?)...but then found the links down

utsav

damn busy...
You shud hav mentioned the source first or you shud hav quoted the text. I too thot the same that like other guys here :lol:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
A personal experience??? *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/03a.gif

Dude, edit the post and paste the link at the beginning!!! *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/31a.gif

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Corrected.

But I guess nobody here (besides azzu) is interested in the topic & everybody is interested in pointing out a silly mistake. :|

Corrected.

But I guess nobody here (besides azzu) is interested in the topic & everybody is interested in pointing out a silly mistake. :|
Dude, it was just a comment :|
Anyway, it is because of fagots like her that the internet is termed "unsafe" :???:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Only nubs fall for such tricks. Next time teach your non-tech savvy friend a little precautionary measure. It will help.

din

Tribal Boy
@ichi

Yes, but there are people who always fall for these kinda tricks. Unless they are educated, they will go for it :(

Remember the stupid girls who wrote their mobile phone numbers on the cover of the 'pink underwear' parcel ? They were all educated but were doing a blunder !

When I visited my village, one of my childhood friend was telling about the 'lottery email' that we get like every day ! But this one he got in his mobile phone as sms. They gave some website address etc. He went to the nearest net cafe, paid for browsing and got all details and finally realized it is a scam. That is not because he was stupid but he was not aware of such a thing.

There are stupid people plus there are noobs. Proper guidance will make them ready for the new era.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
@ichi

Yes, but there are people who always fall for these kinda tricks. Unless they are educated, they will go for it :(

Remember the stupid girls who wrote their mobile phone numbers on the cover of the 'pink underwear' parcel ? They were all educated but were doing a blunder !

When I visited my village, one of my childhood friend was telling about the 'lottery email' that we get like every day ! But this one he got in his mobile phone as sms. They gave some website address etc. He went to the nearest net cafe, paid for browsing and got all details and finally realized it is a scam. That is not because he was stupid but he was not aware of such a thing.

There are stupid people plus there are noobs. Proper guidance will make them ready for the new era.

Yes, I too agree with the lottery game!! Even I fall in prey by some SMS sometime ago which told it will give Rs. 12lakhs if I correctly gave 5 answers! I gave the answers but they continued asking me and after I answered 11 questions they told that the other person is leading me with another 15 questions and told me to compete with him! Then I came to know how this business works and had to lose Rs. 33 for nothing!! :(. Me being literate has faced such situation then think about the illeterate ones, I think many of them will finish their prepaid money and fetch another top card for this kind of tricks for nothing!

Yes there are lots and lots of people who fall in prey of such scams! Sigh!! God save them but you know when they go through it they will realize what is that and it will add to the learning process as well. Therefore I would say that massive bunch of people who are having mobile phones and are uneducated can't be educated separately on the whole. Even every villager is buying a new mobile phone but who will gave them the idea of such plans to loot people!! To know what is scam they will have to face it once... after that they will realize what is what!! :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom