Issues with Strontium Pen Drive while using as USB drive to play music in car

ajayritik

Technomancer
I had purchased Strontium Nitro 16Gb Class 10 MicroSDHC UHS-1 (With Card reader & MicroSD Adapter) some time back.
The main purpose was to play songs on my car stereo which has USB Support.
For the past week I observe that the songs keep getting stuck while playing and all of sudden I get message no USB drive on the stereo.
Is there any basic troubleshooting I can do and how can I claim warranty for this. I bought it from Amazon last December.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
These guys at Strontium need it to be shipped to their service center in Bangalore and that too by Indian Post.
Is this reliable?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
can't say about onliine RMA but I got my PD replaced right on the spot when I visited their office. The S/N was enough and the whole process took only 2 mins. BTW, If you need to send it through Indiapost use Speedpost service which gives you tracking details.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
can't say about onliine RMA but I got my PD replaced right on the spot when I visited their office. The S/N was enough and the whole process took only 2 mins. BTW, If you need to send it through Indiapost use Speedpost service which gives you tracking details.

My friend said that Speed Post doesn't accept electronic goods.
Which city are you from?

Last edited:
OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys any ideas on getting packing done to ensure that the pen drive is not damaged or stolen in transit?

ashs1

Padawan
Guys any ideas on getting packing done to ensure that the pen drive is not damaged or stolen in transit?
Just put the pendrive in a zip lock cover and send it using a bubble wrap envelope..it should be enough to ensure that the pendrive is not damaged..

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Yup..almost every stationery shop have these.

I have got a bubble envelope which I received from one package from Amazon this weekend?
Now coming to the outer packing.
Should I buy an outer envelope which will be combination of Thick Paper which resembles thin cloth?
Kindly suggest.

ashs1

Padawan
I have got a bubble envelope which I received from one package from Amazon this weekend?
Now coming to the outer packing.
Should I buy an outer envelope which will be combination of Thick Paper which resembles thin cloth?
Kindly suggest.
Yeah..put the pen drive in the bubble cover and enclose it in a cloth lined envelope.. That should be enough.

Top Bottom