Issues Vista SP1 will fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Apart from a general improvement of Reliability, Performance & Compatibility, Vista SP1 is expected to specifically do the following:

* Reduce of the number of UAC prompts from four to one when creating or renaming a folder at a protected location

* Improve by 25 % local file copying on the same disk on the same machine

* Improve by 45 % the speed of copying files from a remote non-Windows Vista system to a SP1 system

* Speed up by 50 %, the rate of copying files from a remote SP1 system to a local SP1 system

* Improvement of compatibility with third-party diagnostic tools that rely on raw sockets

* Improve the reading time for large images by approx 50 %

* Improve the time to resume from standby for a particular class of USB hubs by around 18 %

* Improve the performance of user login on corporate PCs outside of the corporate environment so that it is comparable with login inside companies

* Addition of a password hint during the initial set up of Windows Vista SP1.

* It will resolve many of the most common causes of crashes and hangs in Vista, especially those involving Windows Calendar, Windows Media Player and a number of other drivers included with Vista.

More on Vista SP1 at WinVistaClub.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
It seems it is mainly concerned with copying stuff.
I didnt find anything abnormal there.may be i didnt notice..
Anyway thanks for the info.is this ALL?or still many to be fixed?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If that's true, there will be sudden boost of sales for Vista.

Just a doubt, I read that vista SP1 RC1 is not that good. It didn't increase Vista's performance and resolved very less number of issues

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom