RMN

In the zone
@ultimategpu
i bought it a month back for 14k inc tax
@max_snyper
i can install XP since im getting a BSOD at the setup

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ i agree that there r probs with the ATi gfx drivers.i've had same bsod probs with my HD4850 and my current HD 4870 Sonic.but there probs r rare not like yours.i think ur prob is with ram.my frnd had a similar prob like urs with his 4850.he inc'd the vdimm and prob was solved

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
guys....i think ive found the prob.
since my PC was restarting like a mad dog...and since i was as angry as a mad bull..i decided to do it the hard way!:)

i just kept waving all the wires esp.the one that connects to the card...some blocks started to disappear!:)and since then my pc looks fine!i don't think its the PSU but the adapter that i got with the card...anyway im not sure yet...ill check out tom morning which is when everything is at its worst and report back.!

pray for me!:(

tkin

Back to school!!
@ultimategpu
i bought it a month back for 14k inc tax
@max_snyper
i can install XP since im getting a BSOD at the setup
BSOD may be cased by SATA Native mode/ AHCI mode being enabled for HDDs. Disable it in bios.

kaja

Right off the assembly line
Dear buddy,

I have also got the same problem (3 vertical red lines and dots) with palit 4850 sonic and also tried it with intel 965 ry with transcend 800 ram but no use the same lines appear again. Tried different ram, psu, hdd, the error still persists and I tried xfx 7300 gt card in my mobo it works fine. So I found the culprit is the 4850 sonic. Tried every possible way even without hdd and keyboard, mouse but no use.

-----------------------------------------
intel 6400 - asus p5q deluxe - palit 4850 sonic - corsair 6400c4 dhx 1gb x 2 ddr2 ram - corsaid cmpsu 620hx - coolermaster cm 690 case - apc 1100va ups

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
@kaja
yes its the cards fault.i suspected that the power converter i got with the card was faulty...got it replaced but no use.
now i have found the prob,it is the power port on the card that is loose. i took it to the service center again and they agreed to replace it(finally!)...ill have to wait till Monday for it!:(

btw...when those lines appear try to gently(or little hard) press the power port on your GFX card..if then the lines disappear then its the ports fault.

did you ask for replacement?

kaja

I have tried several times (power port of the card) with my corsair tx750 watts and and hx620 watts both got 8 pin and also tried with totally different pc but no use. I have given it for replacement. It will took 2 to 4 days.

kaja

I have got the same palit 4850 sonic card repaired after a week.

-----------------------------------------
intel 6400 - asus p5q deluxe - palit 4850 sonic - corsair 6400c4 dhx 1gb x 2 ddr2 ram - corsaid cmpsu 620hx - coolermaster cm 690 case - apc 1100va ups

i was thinkin 2 buy palit hd4870 sonic 1gb but after readin ur prob m confused shld i buy it or not...???? or go for other gpu ...

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
@detonator
well BSOD is pretty common among all the cards(geforce and radeon).
since i had this prob ,ive almost searched on every forum and never saw a person with this issue(apart from kaja)!

ganeshravi

Broken In
i too had a prob with my HD4850 sonic.... i used to get the BSOD only when i played games...

i jus ent to the dealer... threw it on his face and gave a few blastings... n viola he coolly took a box of HD4850 sonic, removed the new card from it and put in the old card and gave the new card to me...!!!:shock::shock::shock:

i donno what's goin to happen to the person who buys it.... anyway gettin it replaced its the best option.... i also tried my HDD, ram with ohter comps and jus worked fine... and i tot maybe the PSU was insufficient and i also tried it with a corsair HX620... but the problem persisted....

so got it changed... :)

namic

@RMN

d00d i am also having the same issue. I got a replacement for my first card last thursday. I plugged it in. For first 10-20 mins there were no problems. I had to shutdown and attend o some work. After that i came back and powered the pc bang the red lines are appearing again. I tried all the possible things told above, still no use. Can you tell me what exactly happened and how it got fixed at ur end My PSU is Corsair VX450.

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
@namic
@kaja
yes its the cards fault.i suspected that the power converter i got with the card was faulty...got it replaced but no use.
now i have found the prob,it is the power port on the card that is loose. i took it to the service center again and they agreed to replace it(finally!)...ill have to wait till Monday for it!:(

btw...when those lines appear try to gently(or little hard) press the power port on your GFX card..if then the lines disappear then its the ports fault.

did you ask for replacement?

namic

I have tried that also but still the issue exsist. Since this card is a replacement for the old one I am afraid whether the Tirupati guys will help. Can you tell me where in Kerala do Palit have service centres? I hail from TVM. Btw now I am also not able to install the drivers of my card.

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
sry dude i don't know abt TVM.
i got mine replaced at the Tirupati service center in EKM.
and i cant see how they wont give you a replacement again.
next time test it with them.

and btw since both the cards are faulty i suggest you check if your SMPS and RAM are ok!.

best of luck!

namic

My SMPS and RAM are working fine... SMPS - Corsair VX450 and RAM - Corsair TwinXMS2 2 x 1gb My friend plugged his 8800GT into mine and its working fine. Anyways thanks for ur reply d00d. I guess will have to travel to EKM. I dont trust this card shipping thing.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i also had similar probs when i had a Palit HD4850 but most BSOD issues wer5e resolved when i got the Palit HD4870 Sonic.now with XFX 9800GT SLi all BSOD probs r resolved.not a single BSOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom